Rare Video Game Steelbook Discussion

I do ... it may take a while , but it will. Here's my opinion ... (of course i respect yours as well ; just having fun)

:)

1) The Nano edition overall whether obtained at release or on clearance etc. is expensive. That being said, most people who spend that much $$$ on it will open up their nano edition and thus play their game. Making a sealed nano edition steelbook just as rare as most stickerbook editions. MOQ on a stickerbook run is 2k min.

2) Steels that sell for the most money, worth the most etc. are those that look awesome. its extremely true in the blu-ray steelbook world and titles like Mirrors Edge where the game is "niche" (ie. only a few "love" the game) are valuable because 1) its rare and 2) its awesome looking. The later being that of which keeps it valuable. An ugly Mirrors Edge steel wouldnt be sought after.

Big franchises equal popularity ... Crysis was huge for PC , and just came for console with Crysis 2 ... who knows what Crysis 3 will bring ... In 1 to 2 years ; a sealed Crysis 2 nano steel should be selling for crazy prices.

And I would also be extremely curious to get a # of nano steels printed ; because while we do know it was on a mass level ... the set was still very expensive at release ... thus, the amount made for each Country was probably not near as much as one would think. I'll see if I cant squeeze a # out of my contacts ; but that typically never happens due to confidentiality agreements.. #s come from the studio/retailer end 99% of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: biscuitnoir
What about Bioshock Steelbook for XBox 360?

No it is a very common steelbook.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

The two rarest steelbooks are easily Mirrors Edge and Need for Speed Undercover both G2 and Spanish exclusives.

This is a rare steelbook an australian preorder bonus of AC3

tpIBs.jpg

I think it's kind of a digipack basically with holders for the games up until Revelations. I had seen pics somewhere a while ago.

Hey tony,

Didn't know you were on here :)

And yes that is definitely more of a digipak, it's all paper

This is the only website I have seen that has talked about it in any official capacity

http://www.esperino.com/assassins-creed-revelations-saga-box-hardcover-folder

It is indeed super rare and hard to find

It's usually referred to as the AC: Revelations Saga box

Hey Daniel, yes I've been around for a while! Welcome mate.

It's like heaven in here with all the great ninjas and the steelbooks and the various movie collector's editions :D

Hey Daniel, yes I've been around for a while! Welcome mate.

It's like heaven in here with all the great ninjas and the steelbooks and the various movie collector's editions :D

Yes, it is so much more specific

I have found another group of people that I will get along with, me thinks :oohyeah:

And to add to this thread, if you are talking rarity then it should really be steelbooks that are the hardest to find and not necessarily the most expensive

True printed Steelbooks have always had a much large MOQ (minimum order quantity) then stickerbooks as cost of production is so much more

Quotes that I've heard of the number of stickerbooks produced is usually around 550 depending on the market.

This was from a fairly reputable source as well

Steelbooks MOQ at one point were around 4000 but I'm quite sure this has come down in recent years but I believe the absolute minimum is still close to 1000

Therefore imo the rarest VG steelbooks are the various belgian, spanish, and dutch stickerbooks.

For instance the Killzone 3 Belgian stickerbook, of which only 550 copies were said to be produced

IMG_1394.jpg

Finding a BRINK Steelbook in PERFECT condition is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

Hmmm I would consider it a steelbook of medium rarity

It was released in the UK, the netherlands, and Australia at the very least

Likely it was released as well in belgian, or norway or another country around there but I know that the netherlands had some as well

They still pop up on ebay.co.uk every once in awhile

I may have gotten my mint copy for $20 shipped :)

Of course it was rather poorly listed by a US steel collector who was getting out of the game but still a good deal

Folks-quick reminder-please keep trading to the Video Games Trading forum, so both buyer and seller have a record of any transactions. Please use any of our 100's of other threads to comment to reach the minimum necessary to become a trader here. Thanks for your cooperation.

The top five rarest Steelbooks that I consider to be rare are

1. Saints Row 2
2. Saints Row 3
3. Brink
4. Clive Barker's Jericho
5. Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty

I've seen Jericho on eBay.co.uk going for under £10 many a time.

PAL version though but ps3 are region free.

Always fancied getting that game but the reviews put me off.

Nicest game Steelbook I have is LBP 2 pal version that is lovely.....FAR CRY 3 is a stunner as well shame it's g1:(

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

What's with the scandalous prices of PS battle royale on eBay £85 are you having a laugh some even sold ...... I put mine on bidding and got £17 TBH I was happy with that though i didn't realise overseas shipping fees had gone up I put international signed for £6 only cost me £10+ :(....... note to self increase shipping costs ;)

I meant as far as the NTSC version of Jericho. The PAL version has the PAL ratings logo on it and I live in the United States, so I wouldn't want to own a PAL version. I wish all Steelbooks that were made wouldn't have a ratings logo on them and wouldn't have the Xbox 360 logo or writing on the backs of those Steelbooks either, so that way all collectors of these Steelbooks could and would want to collect them all!!!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Yeah, the shipping costs for those overseas Steelbooks are ridiculous too!!!

what prices are we looking at for gears of war 3 mint condition.
skyrim with some paint scratches (also like to know new price)
sleeping dogs mint condition
ghost recon future soldier (under plastic mint condition)
nhl 12 with little scratches on top back right corner
world of warcraft mists of pandaria in perfect condition (was still in shipment box to retailer)
just curious in prices of these. all are G1