Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Terror of the Tongs 1961
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is the last of the Hammers on the Volume 3 of blu-ray box set from Hammer and the 1st in colour. Basically about the Tong in Hong Kong with Christopher Lee as the leader and it's obvious the film was severely cut at the time by the censors. A lot of jumps both visual and audio in the more brutal aspects of the film. This feels more like the Hammer films we love and know abit a minor entry in the cannon but fun all the same. Just a shame the missing cuts don't exist. I suspect It would have made for a more satisfying film. ..... The censors at the time seemed to have went to town on this more so that the more brutal Stranglers of Bombay a year earlier. Maybe it's the fact it was in colour and therefore more visually lurid made the censorship board of the day more sensitive.

19D4ECBA-E271-4402-ACDE-2AA5F9731AF8.jpeg
80CE4099-8EA3-419D-AA13-D302C95A2EC6.png80CE4099-8EA3-419D-AA13-D302C95A2EC6.png80CE4099-8EA3-419D-AA13-D302C95A2EC6.png80CE4099-8EA3-419D-AA13-D302C95A2EC6.png80CE4099-8EA3-419D-AA13-D302C95A2EC6.png
Believe the hype. Along with John Wick, reminds us why REAL action makes CGI green screen movies look like kid's movies.
The set pieces are jaw dropping. McQ directed the hell out of this movie. See it on the biggest screen you can.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. 1997

halfn-png.127233

Watched this on one of the freeview channels at the weekend. Hadn't seen it since I saw it in the cinema. Yep hearing good things about that Mission Impossible Film. Might give it a go......

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Noodles
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. 1997

halfn-png.127233

Watched this on one of the freeview channels at the weekend. Hadn't seen it since I saw it in the cinema. Yep hearing good things about that Mission Impossible Film. Might give it a go......
Isn't it a weird feeling when you watch a movie for free....and want your money back?!:rofl:

Reactions: Space Cadet
You should have heard the comments when I came out of the cinema all those years ago. Not fit for publication! I thought a few decades might have mellowed my opinion on the film. Sadly not....

Reactions: C.C. 95
Rudderless- I really enjoyed this. Some great music and really well shot. Definatly worth checking out if you haven’t seen it.

5A6CD899-A4D3-4E71-8B26-93A465788A28.png

Rudderless- I really enjoyed this. Some great music and really well shot. Definatly worth checking out if you haven’t seen it.

View attachment 386188View attachment 386188View attachment 386188View attachment 386188
I actually got a copy of this years ago - and have not watched it. I love the cast and liked the trailer. Just haven't got around to it yet.
It's pedigree alone makes it worthy of a view. (A major plus: the music is performed for real, live. Not an onset playback)

Reactions: Sigill
I actually got a copy of this years ago - and have not watched it. I love the cast and liked the trailer. Just haven't got around to it yet.
It's pedigree alone makes it worthy of a view. (A major plus: the music is performed for real, live. Not an onset playback)
Defiantly worth a watch mate, check it out when you can! I didn’t know the about the music, it did sound good but I didn’t realise it was live. Both the lead character (Not sure of his name and Anton Yelchin have good voices. It’s a real shame he passed away. Always strange watching a film when you know someone is no longer with us. :(

Great movie! (My only quibble: they reprise the Danny Elfman song too much in the film)
I'm all over the HDZETA version!
Also:
They need to let Timur Bekmambatov out of movie jail. Yes, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Ben-Hur were missteps. But he he is a great director. He needs to not be doing "director for hire" stuff like AL and BH, but stuff that is worthy of his talent.
For cying out loud, he created his own SFX company to realize his visions for Nightwatch and Daywatch.
The only other guys that belong to that exclusive club are Lucas (ILM) , Cameron (Digital Domain) and Jackson (Weta).
Maybe he needs to finally make Twilightwatch.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Great movie! (My only quibble: they reprise the Danny Elfman song too much in the film)
I'm all over the HDZETA version!
Also:
They need to let Timur Bekmambatov out of movie jail. Yes, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Ben-Hur were missteps. But he he is a great director. He needs to not be doing "director for hire" stuff like AL and BH, but stuff that is worthy of his talent.
For cying out loud, he created his own SFX company to realize his visions for Nightwatch and Daywatch.
The only other guys that belong to that exclusive club are Lucas (ILM) , Cameron (Digital Domain) and Jackson (Weta).
Maybe he needs to finally make Twilightwatch.
Yeah, I agree with you about the Elfman track... it soon became pretty tiring.

Honestly, this is the only TB film I've ever seen. I've always wanted to check out Night Watch and Day Watch though, but just never got around to it. Had no idea he had his own SFX company either! Also just realised he had a new film out earlier in the year called Profile... looks very different to his usual stuff and I'm now interested in checking it out.

I couldn't find a trailer, but here's a clip...

Yeah, I agree with you about the Elfman track... it soon became pretty tiring.

Honestly, this is the only TB film I've ever seen. I've always wanted to check out Night Watch and Day Watch though, but just never got around to it. Had no idea he had his own SFX company either! Also just realised he had a new film out earlier in the year called Profile... looks very different to his usual stuff and I'm now interested in checking it out.

I couldn't find a trailer, but here's a clip...

+ 1 for Night/Daywatch. Put it further up on your watchlist :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles