Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
RED SPARROW

What can I say about Red Sparrow to make you understand my feelinZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Heavy drama with disturbing scenes, choppy character development, poor accents, and it dragged on and on and on. If you value the minutes you have in life, watch something else. There are no ninjas showing for a reason.
Pretty much the same as you with this, I didn’t rate it at all. The accents were shocking and I didn’t really get involved with the story. I did like Atomic Blonde more although the plot on that one did get a bit hard to follow.

How to train Your Dragon 3 - 4/5 ninjas
Great ending but felt a bit like an extended Tv episode that was over all too soon. Felt lacking in story / development.
First two were way stronger movies(but I love and enjoyed all 3)

Escape Room - 3.5/4 ninjas
As expected, full of Saw style DNA and felt generic despite being entertaining and had me invested until the predictable ‘twist’ at the end

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD

5 ninjas.jpg

I knew absolutately nothing about this movie other than the fact I liked the look of the steel and typically dig Samual L. Jackson movies. Got it in my avalanche of steels my good wifey got me for Christmas. Along with some killer giftcards for more! She's a good wife. I'm thinkin' I'll stick!!! Anyhoo.....got around to watching shortly after the mental degragation that was Red Sparrow, and this was so much fun it obliterated my previous disdain and filled my watchful eyes with happy, unending, fun filled carnage!!!! Truly, I enjoyed this so thoroughly I had to watch it again the very next day and enjoyed it just as much! Looking forward to seeing it again already!

Searching (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Sometimes I hate that thrillers are my favourite genre of film, because I've watched so many that I've learned what to look out for and ultimately predict the twist before it's revealed. That being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed piecing the clues together and watching it all unravel - whilst I figured out the "perpetrator", I still didn't know why exactly. The only real issue with this one is rewatchability... I can't imagine it being that interesting once you know the full outcome.

Lilies of the Field 1963
Sidney Poitier in his Oscar winning role and it's not hard to see why. Won't spoil the story just enjoy a masterclass in acting.
This was the TT blu-ray

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Pompei 2014

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is an excellent disaster movie which I think is way better than people give it credit for.
If you like spectacle and old fashioned drama look here. And the ending is a genuine surprise.
This was the rare Italian print I watched.

The Sweeney! 1977

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is the film version of the classic TV show. Rough, tough and seriously politically incorrect.
A film about a corrupt spin doctor in politics and in many ways a film way ahead of it's time before
Spin Doctors became the norm.This film deserves it's 18 ratings. Not for the faint hearted.
All together now "Get your trousers on son, you're nicked"
This was the new Network blu-ray

Rasputin the Mad Monk 1966

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This was shot back to back with Dracula prince of darkness using the same actors and the same sets.
Despite all that it feels and looks a completely different film to Dracula Prince of Darkness. Play spot the same
sets being used. This was the new Anolis mediabook.

Creature from the Black Lagoon 1954.

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The title says it all. A classic 50's monster movie.
Watch how many times the lead actress changes her outfits during the film.
She must have thought she was on a fashion shot.
This was the stand alone blu-ray steelbook.
And sadly it's just been announced that the leading Lady herself Julie Adams has died aged 92
Shame she was a class act. Loved her recurring role in Murder She Wrote......

Last edited:
Upgrade : could not finish, so awful.
Hold the Dark : 4
Sicario II : 4
Unsane : 3
Gargo : 4

A film I never saw. I think the leads death and it being incomplete put me off.

IMO it's not incomplete. They used doubles and cgi to finish it.

Overlord : 2 and a half. Not as good I was looking for ...
Apostle : 4
The Predator 2 and a half

I was really looking forward to this. But was so let down by so many stupid things.
Like when US troops are in the attic, attic I say, they look thru floor and they see whats happening on the first floor - second floor vanished ? And the site, "church" which is atually a castle, is super secret and has the thingy in the tower, has only 40 soldiers. WTF ? 40 ? In the site they are resureccting the dead !!! And germans are like Imperial Storm troopers, cannot hit anything unless it's stands still in front of them. Endless ammo for stolen German weapons. Etc etc ... Am I nitpicking ? :rofl:

I was really looking forward to this. But was so let down by so many stupid things.
Like when US troops are in the attic, attic I say, they look thru floor and they see whats happening on the first floor - second floor vanished ? And the site, "church" which is atually a castle, is super secret and has the thingy in the tower, has only 40 soldiers. WTF ? 40 ? In the site they are resureccting the dead !!! And germans are like Imperial Storm troopers, cannot hit anything unless it's stands still in front of them. Endless ammo for stolen German weapons. Etc etc ... Am I nitpicking ? :rofl:
Lol nah, I wouldn't really say you're nitpicking, since your points are valid. There were definitely quite a few things that didn't make sense logically, but I found it extremely entertaining overall, which is mostly all I ask for from an action film.

However, the thing that bothered me the most were the amount of loose ends and unanswered questions the viewer might have. The main one for me being...
What happened to the French girl's aunt? Unless I missed something, then she was still "alive" in the house. I was expecting an after-credits scene of her, basically teasing a sequel or something... but nope, nada!

Reactions: Space Cadet
Lol nah, I wouldn't really say you're nitpicking, since your points are valid. There were definitely quite a few things that didn't make sense logically, but I found it extremely entertaining overall, which is mostly all I ask for from an action film.

However, the thing that bothered me the most were the amount of loose ends and unanswered questions the viewer might have. The main one for me being...
What happened to the French girl's aunt? Unless I missed something, then she was still "alive" in the house. I was expecting an after-credits scene of her, basically teasing a sequel or something... but nope, nada!

Yep.

That's one thing bothered me too. They said they haven't test on live humans. So was the aunt dead/killed and French girl took has been dead, now alive aunt to live with her and her baby brother. And why would they shoot enemies like sergeant as they would make excellent testing material.

Reactions: Noodles
Yep.

That's one thing bothered me too. They said they haven't test on live humans. So was the aunt dead/killed and French girl took has been dead, now alive aunt to live with her and her baby brother. And why would they shoot enemies like sergeant as they would make excellent testing material.
Good point! I hadn't even thought about that... now I'm even more confused :confused: lol.

Stil need to watch Overlord,..may be a ‘Waite until it’s on Netflix kinda thing’

Another movie day Wed, and 3 new movies.

Can You Ever Forgive Me? - 3/5 ninjas
Entertaining and makes me want to read the book now.

Green Book - 3.5/5 ninjas
Great if a bit long. Excellent performances.

Alita Battle Angel - 4/5 ninjas
Visually great and had me wanting more....except the obvious franchise set up was super annoying.
One complaint - why not leave the whole movie in full screen as only 20-30 mins were cropped widescreen. The rest was full IMAX screen and looked glorious.