Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Alita: Battle Angel - 5/10
Loved the majority of the movie but the last half of the movie seemed rushed and with about 20 minutes left it looked like they were just gearing up for a sequel. Simple plot with obvious twists.

Us - 6/10
The unsettling nature and true message of the story is great. The ending just seemed a little bit ridiculous to me. I can't help feeling the making of the movie was a little rushed. If they ironed out the plot holes it could have been awesome. IMO Get Out was miles, miles better.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
View attachment 440233View attachment 440233View attachment 440233View attachment 440232View attachment 440232

Not a patch on the 2014 Godzilla IMO. I honestly think they went too big too soon... the main thing I loved about the first movie was that it built up the suspense (something Gareth Edwards also did amazingly well with in his debut film Monsters) - kinda like Alien, in which we only get to see a couple of minutes of the actual "monster" itself. Overall the plot just felt very cliché and even clumsy at times, plus I didn't really care about any of the characters. All that being said, it did keep me thoroughly entertained for the most part, so I guess I can't complain too much (hence the 3 star rating, rather than 2).
Was it just me or was the camera work was all over the place? Made me sleepy when the monsters weren't on screen. When they were though, it was quite entertaining

Was it just me or was the camera work was all over the place? Made me sleepy when the monsters weren't on screen. When they were though, it was quite entertaining
Can't say I really noticed to be honest... but then again, that's often the case with most action movies nowadays, so I think I've probably just gotten used to it.

Can't say I really noticed to be honest... but then again, that's often the case with most action movies nowadays, so I think I've probably just gotten used to it.
Now , you gotta watch something else to reset your impure eyes. :LOL:
On a side note, I've been watching the Netflix Godzilla trilogy and this was in the midst of it so may be my expectations were a bit high? The first two are great! Can't wait to see the 3rd. You should check it out.

Now , you gotta watch something else to reset your impure eyes. :LOL:
On a side note, I've been watching the Netflix Godzilla trilogy and this was in the midst of it so may be my expectations were a bit high? The first two are great! Can't wait to see the 3rd. You should check it out.
Haha funny you should say that... I remember a year or two ago when I went through of a stage of watching old silent movies for like a month straight, then I jumped back into watching a modern action movie and it made me feel nauseous lol. I get like that with gaming now too... if I haven't gamed in a while, then it makes my eyes sting and I start to feel sick. :dead:

I wasn't even aware of the Netflix Godzilla trilogy, but I see it's also on Netflix UK, so I've added it to my watch list. Thanks for the recommendation! :thumbs:

Reactions: AlienKing
Hobbs & Shaw
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

A bit of guilty pleasure for me. Enjoyable popcorn fun.
Forget about the plot, dialog is abit cheezy at times but the banter between the two main cast is amusing.
Always interesting to see how each F&F movie out does the previous one in OTT action scenes :LOL:

Stick around to the very end, quite afew mid & post credit scenes added

The Day of the Jackal 1973

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Anyone that knows me will tell you I loathe generally remakes of classic films for a very good reason. They are usually dire with no merit whatsoever. This brilliant thriller from Fred Zinnermann (Of High Noon fame) is a good example of that. An amazing adaption of Frederick Forsythe's novel breaks every rule under the sun. No famous actors, no big stars just the creme de la creme of character actors with an unknown actor (for the time) playing the Jackal. Even though the viewer knows the outcome before the film begins, so taut so suspenseful is the film, not one frame is wasted and you get a nail biting cinema experience that no film today matches.
The 1997 remake The Jackal so annoyed Forsyth and Zinnemann so much they demanded that the original title not be used on the film and it be made clear that both Forsyth and Zinnemann did not approve of the film one bit... They were right to berate the remake with Bruce Willis. It really was dire and until Robocop came along was easily a contender for worst remake of a classic film.
If you have never seen the 1973 film I won't spoil it for you. Just sit back and enjoy probably one the greatest films ever made and that's not a statement I make lightly......

Haha funny you should say that... I remember a year or two ago when I went through of a stage of watching old silent movies for like a month straight, then I jumped back into watching a modern action movie and it made me feel nauseous lol. I get like that with gaming now too... if I haven't gamed in a while, then it makes my eyes sting and I start to feel sick. :dead:

I wasn't even aware of the Netflix Godzilla trilogy, but I see it's also on Netflix UK, so I've added it to my watch list. Thanks for the recommendation! :thumbs:
You're welcome.

I think I've only seen one silent movie :sorry: I always want to check out more but there are so many unsilent movies on my watch list that they are not even a priority for me. And I definitely get what you mean about gaming. I started Playing Sekiro a month ago and havent played it since then and I know it's gonna gimme a headache when i get back into it haha

Reactions: Noodles
Obey

Started off pretty good but I think the storyline got a little lost, didn't really get what was going on half the time and the ending was really random.
1564787188510.png
1564787195026.png

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Not as epic as I expected/hoped, but still thoroughly entertaining and overall a nice end to the whole Infinity saga. Pepper Potts was totally LOL acting all "superhero" though.

Brightburn (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Just logged this on Letterboxd and was surprised to see it had an overall rating of 2.8... it's not that much better on IMDB or RT either. Not that I usually take much notice of those sites/ratings, but I'm really surprised by how many folks didn't enjoy it. It reminded me of old school horrors mixed with a modern twist. I'm really hoping for a sequel!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This had so much potential but I felt it was let down by lazy storytelling.

Lords of Chaos (2019)

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
HalfN.png

Tad unbalanced but I dug it. Definitely helps if you have some prior knowledge of how batsh*t the Norwegian black metal scene was.

Reservoir Dogs (1992)

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
HalfN.png

One of the greatest independent movies of all time and possibly the greatest debut feature of all time.

The Deer Hunter (1978)

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
HalfN.png

A haunting character study on the ravages of war. I'd never seen this one before but really liked it.

One of the greatest independent movies of all time and possibly the greatest debut feature of all time.

After Citizen Kane, I would agree.....

A haunting character study on the ravages of war. I'd never seen this one before but really liked it.

The Deer Hunter bored me shitless.... Didn't have to do a dump for a week.

• Haha
Pihu
53C38D79-82E5-402E-B0F2-C731950C1C54.png

Not the usual type if thing is watch but stayed over at my parents for the weekend and my mum insisted on watching it.

Apparently based on a true story and very well made definitely worth a watch.

The Nice Guys (2016)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Not the biggest fan of Shane Black, but this was a blast! I actually wouldn't mind a sequel.

Aladdin (2019)

1565475102450.png
1565475102450.png1565475102450.png1565475102450.png1565475102450.png

Surprised how much i actually enjoyed this. Will smith I thought was excellent as the Genie and to be honest I was sceptical when id heard that he had been cast to play the part:whistle: Very glad that he was as i couldnt see another playing the part as well as he did.

Overall a pleasure to watch as a family movie:thumbs: