Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Kong Skull Island 2017

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

A surprisingly engaging film. Way better than I was expecting and actually one of the best Kong films I've seen. A good story and no OTT moments help.....
A logical film with a logical conclusion. I watched in 4k and the effects are astonishing. Kong is 100% convincing.....

Robocop 2014

I honestly can't even give this a rating. It's like they give up before they began. A contender for worst remake of a film ever made?
Even 1 star for this movie would be over generous..... Not just a fail but a travesty of a movie and an insult to the original....
"I won't be buying this one for a dollar"

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Ad Astra

1N.png
1N.png

This movie is an example of where the trailer mis-sells the type of movie this is.
Some great cinematography but rather patchy movie. Its slow moving with imo some pointless scenes thrown in to inject some pace into the movie.
Overall ok but also disappointing given the expectations this had built up

Rambo-Last Blood.

1N.png1N.png1N.png1N.png

I really enjoyed this. It is what it is!! A good old fashioned homage to the 80's action film genre.

A bit different this time around. Not so much a military feel to it like previous Rambos. More like Rambo meets Taken!

A suitable (probable) end for such an iconic character.

*Stick around for a very quick post credits scene*

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Long Shot

1N.png1N.png1N.png1N.png

Yes I liked it that much! Fun comedy. Charlize Theron is absolutely gorgeous in this movie. She is so down to earth in this. If she is like that in real life I would really like to know her. Her look reminded me a lot of Michelle Pfeiffer back in the day. I found all of the supporting cast enjoyable as well.

Basic (2003)
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

Tried to be way too clever by cramming in loads of different twists and turns, which just led to it being super confusing.

Long Shot

1N.png1N.png1N.png1N.png

Yes I liked it that much! Fun comedy. Charlize Theron is absolutely gorgeous in this movie. She is so down to earth in this. If she is like that in real life I would really like to know her. Her look reminded me a lot of Michelle Pfeiffer back in the day. I found all of the supporting cast enjoyable as well.
I wasn't impressed by the trailers tbh, but I've heard good things, so will probably give it a go eventually.

I wasn't impressed by the trailers tbh, but I've heard good things, so will probably give it a go eventually.

I heard critics didn't like it but what does that really mean with this kind of film anymore?

I admit I gave up on most of the comedy star vehicle movies for guys like Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Seth Rogen and the like a few years ago (I don't go to see these movies in the theater...or any movies much really.) I check out movies from my local public library, placing holds on them in advance before they are released and then decide when the time comes whether to watch them or not.

I don't recall if it was something in the trailer or maybe I thought it might be something a little better because of Charlize but I took a chance on this and I'm glad I did. Charlize is perfect in this.

Now I should mention again that this didn't cost me anything to watch but I will say that I would watch this again.

I heard critics didn't like it but what does that really mean with this kind of film anymore?

I admit I gave up on most of the comedy star vehicle movies for guys like Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Seth Rogen and the like a few years ago (I don't go to see these movies in the theater...or any movies much really.) I check out movies from my local public library, placing holds on them in advance before they are released and then decide when the time comes whether to watch them or not.

I don't recall if it was something in the trailer or maybe I thought it might be something a little better because of Charlize but I took a chance on this and I'm glad I did. Charlize is perfect in this.

Now I should mention again that this didn't cost me anything to watch but I will say that I would watch this again.
Lol yeah, I hardly ever pay attention to critics anymore... I even stopped buying movie magazines (which I'd bought since being a kid) because I realised that it was rare that I'd actually agree with their reviews.

Don't worry, I very rarely blind buy nowadays due to the amount of films I used to waste money on and not enjoy. I'll most likely wait for it to land on either Netflix or Prime, which hopefully it will do sooner or later.

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Pretty crazy seeing so many familiar faces in this who were small-time back then, like Jonah Hill for example... never even realised he made an appearance until rewatching it just now lol.

The Black Hole 18th December 1979

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

I watched the Disney blu-ray the other day and i haven't seen this film since I saw it in the cinema and very impressive it is even by today's standards. Serious money must have been poured into it at the time and it shows. Great watch.
I always wondered why Yvette Mimieux had a cropped page boy hairstyle in the film. It was because of the zero gravity scenes and trying to matte normal hair to a background would have been a nightmare

Reactions: GeoRattray
20 Thousand leagues under the Sea 23rd December 1954

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

Another Disney classic I watched on blu-ray and again superb. Really gripping story and it never flags. James Mason excels as Captain Nero and Kirk Douglas (amazing he's still alive) is superb as the Harpooner determined to escape the Nautilus

Mysterious Island 20th December 1961

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

The Unofficial follow up to 20 Thousand leagues under the sea and every bit as good as the Disney classic. Ray Harryhausen's effects are superb and a stellar cast including the lovely Joan Greenwood make for a griping adventure. While Disney were not involved with this film the influence of the Disney one is seen by the design of the Nautilus. James Mason was asked to reprise his role but a schedule conflict prevented it.