Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Judy 4 Ninjas (why can’t I get these images to work? I copy and paste them after quoting) ATTACH=full]127234[/ATTACH] View attachment 127234 View attachment 127234 View attachment 127234
Might even be worth 4.5. Zelwegger’s (sp) performance is amazing. But as should be obvious, it’s a depressing movie.

Official Secrets 3 Ninjas
It might deserve 3.5, but ‘m not sure. It’s a story i didn’t know about (brits are probably very familiar with it). I’m not sure if it needs to be seen on a big screen, but I pay 20/month for 3movies/week, so I go to see most things that I think I’ll like or are well reviewed.

Ad Astra 1 Nina (and if not for the cinematography, I’d probably drop it to 1/2)
I love most Sci Fi (and not just the blow em up stuff), but it bored me and I had to fight from falling asleep (a rarity for me). I knew audiences hated, but I have little faith in audiences (I generally agree with critics), but on this one the audience is right and I have no idea why critics love it.

Can’t remember If I rated these, but here ya go

Brittany Runs a Marathon 3.5
Really enjoyed this. If you don’t want to spend money on it in theaters, it’ll be on Amazon prime once the theater window closes (not sure what the minimum is).

Hustlers 3
I knock this one down a bit, because I thought the ending was less than satisfying...felt like they need to go on a bit longer, but maybe that’s just me wanting them to put a bow on it.

Ready Or Not 3.5
I could almost give this a 4th. It’s a dark comedy and I liked it a lot. It didn’t end the way I expected it to. I’d definitely recommend it, but it’s probably hard to find in theaters.

Reactions: Lollard2002
Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
1N.png
1N.png

Some great visuals in parts but yet another military vs monsters movie (despite not doing any damage to Godzilla or the Mutos in 2014 here's another 90 mins of them still trying it...)

Joker (2019) - I don't say this often about a movie, but I think it was pretty much perfect in terms of what it was trying to accomplish. Phoenix was unbelievable, nice balance between manic and vulnerable. The atmosphere and pacing were spot -on.
I'll probably go and re-watch it next week. Now, if they can somehow put him in the next Batman movie without ruining the believablity of the character then that would be epic.

5 NINJAS!!!

Only thing I didn't like...
The love interest that was then "a twist" to reveal he'd just imagined being with her. I just didn't think it was believable that she'd go out with him in the first place through the first few scenes so was obvious to me it was all in his mind. Maybe they could have done that a bit better

A few years back there was a real life "Joker" who was a serious nutter who liked to control his girlfriends and then kill them It came to a head when a new girl friend caught him on and he killed her life on camera with a crossbow so real life can be even weirder

Joker.
Oscar material for Joaquin. Great cinematography, music and story. The mental health journey to the Joker. 4.5 really. Superb.
:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

IT Chapter Two (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Negatives:
Relied too heavily on the previous film rather than just being its own thing, and seeing the flashbacks just made me want another film with the kids. Also, most of the scares felt like they were there just for the sake of trying to be scary, but they were also predictable and cliché, so not scary at all. A bit too long and the ending felt kinda meh.

Positives: Although they went a tad overboard with the flashbacks, they were all really well done due to the fact that they used new/unseen footage. The entire cast were great and nailed the look and mannerisms of their younger counterparts. The "monsters" (or whatever you wish to call them) looked incredibly freaky and unique, to the point that I found myself pausing the film just so I could get a better look at them.

Summary: Definitely not a bad film, but not great either. I expected more considering the first film was literally almost perfect, and a sequel could've had a lot of potential, but I felt like they concentrated too much on scares and what came before it, rather than trying to do something original.

Child's Play (2019)

1N.png1N.png1N.png1N.png

I'm a Chucky fan. And I own all of the films to date. But I'll be honest, the series went downhill rapidly from around the 4th film onwards. Getting worse as they went on.

I wasn't expecting anything from this, but I was pleasantly surprised. As its a reboot and not a sequel we get to start over. Which isn't a bad thing.

I like the way they brought the Good Guys up to date. And I thought the story was quite clever. No black magic mumbo jumbo this outing. I actually found myself feeling a little bit sorry for Chucky this time. He was 'broken' and could've been used as a metaphor for the vulnerable or mentally unstable.

I thought another film wouldn't be possible without Brad Douriff attached. But Mark Hamill filled the role perfectly.

4 out of 5 from a series fan!

Reactions: Sigill and jasong
GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS
4 ninjas.jpg

Let me be clear that I, like millions others, L.O.V.E. the Godzilla world. Rodan, Ghidra, Mothra...when I found out this film was coming I was jacked up.

So..... as I was watching this, it felt to me a little disjointed here and there. Not sure if it was the editing. The acting was superb; no problemo with that at all. And the introductions of the 'monsters' was perfect, especially Mothra.

The fight scenes are easily the most impressive of the franchise, as it should be with todays technology. Of course, like the remake of The Thing the special effects could have sucked the big wazooo, but clearly the makers of this film loved the source material and did it justice.

When Godzilla takes on Ghidra in the final battle I felt like a kid in a candy store of monster lore. Amazingly and perfectly done.

I was thinking 3 and a half on this, but the obvious love given the creation of this film pushes it to a 4 for me.

About the Joker

Use Garry Glitter songs. Why give a bastard one penny!
There's mixed reports on the royalties and whether or not they go to his estate. But yeah, it tarnished the scene for me too, even if I thought the song suited it (I only know the my gang song so was oblivious to it)

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

Gilligan seriously needs to do more movies... his style felt really at home in a full length feature, and it gave me Tarantino vibes.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Oldboy

Watched the 4K twice since it arrived. Great film, score. Watched the dubbed version to check it out. Watch the Korean one, so much better!

:poto::poto::poto::poto:
Brill.

Reactions: Noodles
Maleficent : Mistress of Evil
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

Some beautifully created scenes and liked the idea they expanded on the story/lore beyond the Sleeping Beauty tale. Overall I enjoyed this.

Gemini Man
1N.png
1N.png

Watched this in IMAX HFR. While image was clean & crisp, thats about as much as I could praise about the movie :shipped:
Some interesting action scenes but thats about it really. A rather forgettable movie in the end.

Reactions: jasong
Violent Saturday 20th April 1955

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

This came out a few months after Bad Day and Black Rock and actually costars two of the same actors Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine. It stars Victor Mature as a local mining engineer who gets kidnapped by a gang of thieves who want his car for a robbery. What makes the film so good is the back story of all the characters and the built up to the bank robbery and it's brutal consequence and make no mistake this is a remarkably brutal film for mid 50's cinema. The widescreen colour is amazing and if ever a film cried out for 4k, this baby does.......

Airplane 29th August 1980

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

Simply in my view one of the funniest and best piss takes of a genre after Blazing Saddles. Airplane is a parody of a 1957 film called Zero Hour. Even some of the classic "funny lines" are from this film like "We have to find someone who can not only fly the plane but didn't have fish for dinner" No point in explaining the plot just sit back and enjoy laugh out loud humour for 90 minutes. My favourite

"Excuse me stewardess I speak jive". Gets me every time!

Reactions: jasong