Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Finally caught John Wick 3 with the help of numerous Ninja's mind you in finding the English language on my French disc. What can I say. I loved it. Very fond of the entire franchise, but have to say that while I was greatly anticipating this film, after watching it I'm even MORE greatly anticipating John Wick 4. My highest recommendation for sure. Wow. Just 'WOW'.
5 ninjas.jpg

Finally caught John Wick 3 with the help of numerous Ninja's mind you in finding the English language on my French disc. What can I say. I loved it. Very fond of the entire franchise, but have to say that while I was greatly anticipating this film, after watching it I'm even MORE greatly anticipating John Wick 4. My highest recommendation for sure. Wow. Just 'WOW'.

Didn't even know there was a 4th one coming out

It's actually being released the same day as The Matrix 4. Two Keanu Reeves movies on the same day. Talk about a double feature day at the movies. :D
There's a Matrix 4 coming out?. Hated the 2 and 3rd one. Wish they'd never been made and just left it at the one film.

Rotten Romans- Horrible Histories

1577081111719.png
1577081120038.png
1577081126409.png
1577081132010.png

Watched it last night with the kids and if your a fan of the TV series, you'll more than likely enjoy this :spoil:

Great little kids film. Very much worth a watch :LOL::thumbs:

Frozen 2 3 ninjas (not great, not bad)
Ford V Ferrari 3.75 Ninjas
Knives Out 4.5 ninjas
Dark Waters 3.75 Ninjas
Richard Jewell 3 Ninjas
Jumanji: Next Level 3.25 Ninjas (fun, but not even close to Welcome to the Jungle)
Queen and Slim 3.75
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4 ninjas (though be aware the Mr. Rogers is a supporting role in this story (even though it’s very much about him too).
Western Stars 4.5. Really didn’t expect it to be as good as it was (though maybe if you hate Springsteen you should knock it down a star or 2).
Zombie land Double tap: 3.75 (didn’t see the original, so don’t know how it compares).
Maleficient: Mistress of Evil 2 Ninjas (and that’s being kind)
Gemini Man 3 Ninjas. Wouldn’t buy it, but it’s good for a rental (or if this was a month or 2 ago in the theaters).
Joker 4 ninjas
Judy: 4.5 Ninjas (if Rene doesn’t get an Oscar nomination, there’s no justice in the world).
The Wizard of Oz. 2 Ninjas. I hadn’t seen it in years and expected so much better, but I was bored. On the plus side, it saved me from buying it on 4k. yes I know I”m going against the tide.

Ben Hur 27th March 1960

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

There are epics and then there is Ben Hur, simply the finest Biblical story ever told. With Charlton Heston, Jack Hawkins, Stephen Boyd and a cast of thousands, It delivers in every area from script to acting to action.
The Chariot scene at the end is one of the most epic action sequences ever filmed. The film is powerful and at the same time epic. Simply nothing today comes close to the scale and majesty of this film.
Don't even get me started on that travesty of a remake few years back.. Here's a taste of what makes the film so great. I have put it as a spoiler just in case.

[SPOILER="How to treat historical characters properly"]

Roger

I really am going to have to pay attention to a lot of these modern films like Shoplifters. 90% of them I've never heard of.... It's usually this forum I come across them.

I really am going to have to pay attention to a lot of these modern films like Shoplifters. 90% of them I've never heard of.... It's usually this forum I come across them.
To be honest I only hear about these types of films through what people I follow on Letterboxd watch (and sometimes word of mouth on social media) lol.

A lot of these modern Asian films have been ticking all the boxes for me lately, so please feel free to suggest more if anyone knows of any good ones! :D

Rise of the Skywalker: 2.75/5. It’s not awful, but it’s arguably the weakest of the 3 sequels. My gut says that when al is said and all is done, I’ll buy the 4-6 and perhaps TFA, because it was fun.

Rise of the Skywalker: 2.75/5. It’s not awful, but it’s arguably the weakest of the 3 sequels. My gut says that when al is said and all is done, I’ll buy the 4-6 and perhaps TFA, because it was fun.

I have the original 3 films on the CAV laserdisc box set and I've never had any desire to upgrade that or buy any of the other Star Wars films. It's the only franchise I have never upgraded to higher spec formats.