Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Two MInute Warning 12th November 1976.

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

A totally gripping thriller about a sniper in a football game starring Charlton Heston.
It's as brutal now as it was then. It's also as topical then as it is now.
It shows how little things are changed in nearly 50 years.
Avoid the TV version. It's literally a different film with loads of extra scenes shot for the TV
verson with a different story. Not the same film in any shape despite using a lot of the same
scenes. The TV version ruins the nature of the film.
Nice, that someone mentions that movie here, because I also liked that one very much and the mass panic scene at the end is so disturbing and it is one of the best showdowns ever in film-history and shows how effective a non-CGI movie can be, if the movie-makers know what they are doing. Not a surprise that this one was ground-leading for several othe movies, with an equivalent scenario, but I still don´t know why these ones all are from the 90s/00s. It took some time. Difference is that it´s not a sniper (bomb instead)

Sudden Death with Van Damme 1995
Sudden-Death_fanart.jpg

Shiri with the Old-Boy actor from 1999
L_p0037866790.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, that someone mentions that movie here, because I also liked that one very much and the mass panic scene at the end is so disturbing and it is one of the best showdowns ever in film-history and shows how effective a non-CGI movie can be, if the movie-makers know what they are doing. Not a surprise that this one was ground-leading for several othe movies, with an equivalent scenario, but I still don´t know why these ones all are from the 90s/00s. It took some time. Difference is that it´s not a sniper (bomb instead)

Sudden Death with Van Damme 1995
View attachment 537199
Shiri with the Old-Boy actor from 1999
View attachment 537200
I still think Two minute warning is the best of the lot with maybe the exception of the Boris Karloff vehicle "Targets" that clearly started them all off..

Reactions: komor
The Man From Toronto: 2/5 ninjas (can't seem to find the emojis)

It was ok. Had some funny moments but kind of meh overall. The action was decent enough.

The Contractor: 3/5

I went into this with very low expectations as I'm not a big fan of Chris Pine, and was pleasantly surprised. The story is predictable, but the action is good, the sound effects are great, and I always enjoy Ben Foster.

DRIVE

I was not prepared for the carnage that ensued as this story played out. Excellent story, performances, cinematography: This film has it all. No spoilers, but those who've seen this will understand what I'm saying when I speak to the relief I felt at one point of this movie. I'll be watching this again, and again. And again.

5 ninjas.jpg

WEREWOLF: THE BEAST AMOUNG US (2012)

Watched this solely because it came out shortly after Del Torro's The Wolfman, which I love, and is kind of set in the same time frame. The latter of which was the only affiliation. The CGI was seriously woeful. INEXCUSABLE....especially since this was UNIVERSAL. To them I say....Have some freakin' respect for your own property. Speaking from a positive perspective, there were a couple of really pretty girls gracing the screen every so often. They get 4 1/2 stars. The movie overall???.....

2 ninjas.jpg
.....Mostly because of the pretty girls.

I wouldn't be surprised if you hate it tbh... apparently a lot did, so maybe my soft spot for both Gosling and Ana blinded me a little *shrug*

I've read an article or two about how it's the same ol' thing and how as usual a Netflix movie just doesn't quite get there and so on and that's why they get released there because only Netflix will shell out $200 million on it.

Red Notice being another example.

But, quite often I like the same ol' thing.

I've read an article or two about how it's the same ol' thing and how as usual a Netflix movie just doesn't quite get there and so on and that's why they get released there because only Netflix will shell out $200 million on it.

Red Notice being another example.

But, quite often I like the same ol' thing.
I mean, yeah... they're not wrong lol.

Reactions: Stygian
Yellow Sky 1 February 1949

5 stars

A band of bank robbers on the run from a posse flee into the desert. Near death from lack of water they stumble into what appears to be a ghost town, only to discover an old prospector and his granddaughter living there. The robbers discover that the old man has been mining gold and set out to make a quick fortune by robbing the pair. Their plan runs foul when the gang leader, Stretch, falls for the granddaughter, which sets off a showdown between the entire gang.

An excellent b/w film with superb script and acting. The showdown is superb and some nice surprises along the way... Never a dull moment. Film flew in. Both Gregory Peck and Richard Widmark shine.

Run Silent Run Deep 21st July 1958

5 Star

Superb Submarine movie with Burt Lancaster and Clark Gable. The captain of a submarine sunk by the Japanese during WWII is finally given a chance to skipper another sub after a year of working a desk job. His single minded determination for revenge against the destroyer that sunk his previous vessel puts his new crew in unnecessary danger.

The film is clearly the basis for the Star Trek episode Balance of Terror and also Das Boot. You can see the origins of the classic german film in this......

Recommended if you tired of the dull CGI crap that Hollywood is churning out these days and actually want an intelligent engaging film to watch