Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
MASTER AND COMMANDER: THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD

Holy smokes, man. I bought this movie years ago on dvd in a bargain bin and put it on my shelf with the best intentions to watch it. Yet there it sat...year after year. Until last night, when I finally got around to watching this...this...EPIC. There is a reason Siskel and Eibert gave this two thumbs up. I love seafaring films and I'm pretty PO'd at myself for just discovering the greatness of this film. Man oh man does it pack a serious whallop. Just awesome.

5 ninjas.jpg

Reactions: Space Cadet

SAFE HOUSE

The one thing that kept popping into my mind as I watched this, other than the confusion, was that this movie really wanted to be good, but just couldn't close the deal. I was thinking it was a 2 Ninja performance, but I don't think I could give this a rating of good. Really disappointed. Don't waste your time. Watch something else. If you haven't seen Training Day, check it out.

1 ninja.jpg

Django 6th April 1966

5 ninjas.jpg

Simply one of the finest Spaghetti Westerns ever made. And still impresses today
The 4k pressing is simply jaw dropping... It's rare I see such an amazing print. Full
marks to Arrow. Shame we don't get more classic films on 4k. Film really shines on
the format...

Reactions: Space Cadet
SAFE HOUSE

The one thing that kept popping into my mind as I watched this, other than the confusion, was that this movie really wanted to be good, but just couldn't close the deal. I was thinking it was a 2 Ninja performance, but I don't think I could give this a rating of good. Really disappointed. Don't waste your time. Watch something else. If you haven't seen Training Day, check it out.

View attachment 537647
I made the mistake of watching this movie after I had a couple of drinks. Couldn't figure out what the hell was going on lol

I've noticed an awful lot of posts on recent films in the cinema. You are not giving them great ratings. I find that worrying....
Why is that? With Ava I don't think she fit the part, for one the hand to hand fight scenes were trashy and they didn't fit her physique. I've seen real street brawls better than that. For John Malkovich that was the one that supposedly trained both Ava and Simon, he sure did lose against Simon way too easily and then Simon running from Ava and he just pretty much gave up and let her kill him, awe come on they can do better. There was too many things that left me curious about the characters, not enough backstory.

Why is that? With Ava I don't think she fit the part, for one the hand to hand fight scenes were trashy and they didn't fit her physique. I've seen real street brawls better than that. For John Malkovich that was the one that supposedly trained both Ava and Simon, he sure did lose against Simon way too easily and then Simon running from Ava and he just pretty much gave up and let her kill him, awe come on they can do better. There was too many things that left me curious about the characters, not enough backstory.
Fair enough. Must be more turkeys than good films being made at the minute

POOLHALL JUNKIES

Discovered this movie via YouTube clips that one day popped up on feed. Have been trying to find it and finally did last night on Peacock. I love pool, I love poolhalls, and I love Christopher Walken; a trifecta hard to beat. Some serious poopy goes down in this movie, which I guess is appropriate as it deals with hustling. The film itself has kind of a honest feel to it, and the friendships built as the story plays out are quite enjoyable. No spoilers but there is an awesome scene involving Walken built around a pool game. I love it, man.

4 ninjas.jpg