Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The Retaliators (2022)

It is a decent movie that is really hard to describe without spoiling the plot. If your a huge rock / metal music fan you should enjoy it (especially Five Finger Death Punch). This will easily be one of the movies that you can either find something to like about it or will hate it (I don't really see there being much of a middle ground for this one).

Personally, I really enjoyed it, and seeing how the bands w/ some members actually having rolls in the movie, was icing on the cake!

1663649331491.png
1663649334368.png
1663649337243.png
1663649340540.png

Stay (2005)

I want to rate this movie but I can't.

I just watched this movie on Amazon. I liked it but I admit that I didn't understand it once it ended.

Is there anybody who can explain this movie to me? Or provide a link to explain what happened in this movie?

Feel free to put any explanations in spoilers so as not to spoil it for anybody else who hasn't seen it. Yeah I know it's 17 years old but still.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture 2022 Director's Cut. 4k

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

I remember seeing this in the cinema when it came out and I remember dubbing it "The Motionless" picture
but boy this version is a whole different league of film. They overhauled it major league from effects to sound
to pacing and edits.
The result a superb film that really is now the epic the original tried to be but didn't quite make the mark. It now has that wow
factor that makes it like 2001 and I think that's what it was originally trying to do.
I ended up watching it in one go and the main reason why it works now is the Vger sequences are now breathtaking and the Enterprises
trip through the structure are captivating.
it really is the only Trek Film that that should be seen on the biggest screen possible. The 4k presentation was superb.

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan 4k 2022 Director's Cut 4k

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

What more can be said. Not just the best Star Trek film ever made but a candidate for the finest cinema version of a TV show ever made.
It's epic on every level. Script, story, acting, effects. An example of what happens when someone who doesn't know anything about a show
bothers to spend the time watching all the old episodes until he knew the show and characters inside out. The final results speak for themselves.
40 years old and it's as fresh as the day it was made. Not one effect had to be updated. Yep it's that good..... Star Trek Got use the first ever Computer animation in a film.

To quote

"The Wrath of Khan was one of the first films to extensively use electronic images and computer graphics to speed production of shots. Computer graphics company Evans & Sutherland produced the vector graphics displays aboard the Enterprise and the fields of stars used in the opening credits. Among ILM's technical achievements was cinema's first entirely computer-generated sequence: the demonstration of the effects of the Genesis Device on a barren planet. The first concept for the shot took the form of a laboratory demonstration, where a rock would be placed in a chamber and turned into a flower. [Effects supervisor Jim] Veilleux suggested the sequence's scope be expanded to show the Genesis effect taking over a planet. While Paramount appreciated the more dramatic presentation, they also wanted the simulation to be more impressive than traditional animation. . . .

The rest is history....

Reactions: GeoRattray
Saw The Strangers last night. I'd give it a 3/5. It was entertaining enough but not something I would watch more than once unless someone else wanted to see it.

Haven't seen it but your comments seem to reflect what I've been hearing.......
Yeah, it was truly awful... I'm close to giving it just 1 star tbh. For some reason they tried to make it like a Bourne/MI film, and the dinos were just background distractions for the most part. Doesn't help that the previous film was also just as forgettable, so I couldn't even remember who the young girl was or understand her importance until towards the end of the movie lol.

Reactions: Lollard2002