Reservoir Dogs (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive no. 61) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 31, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on May 31, at 8 PM Hong Kong time)
Price: $163.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti & DL)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Karl Fitzgerald features "Full Glossy" Finish with debossed title.
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Retro Poster Style,Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Reservoir_overall_box_LS_DLS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_FS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_LS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_DLS_1200x.jpg

Last edited:
Love this movie but not super excited about any of these.

I like the One Click Art but can't stand the name tags.
The steelbook art is nice but I'm not sure I like it for the steelbook.

The OC art (without name tags) on a FS with the SL art full gloss on a steelbook (Non Lenticular) would've been excellent imo.

I really like the SL. DL is nice too. Don't like the FS but that's just my taste...

The art style on the steel looks like something Plain Archive might produce.

Agree with those above, the warehouse looks too dark, too foreboding. The slips are a little uninspiring too.

The art style on the steel looks like something Plain Archive might produce.

Agree with those above, the warehouse looks too dark, too foreboding. The slips are a little uninspiring too.
I was going to say that earlier that the steel is exactly like something plain would come out with and I see zero problem with it. We already have the Nova with the cool art , mondo, the silver steel and the new 4K with the sliced ear. Loads to choose from. Nice to get something completely different from the already different selection

4B92DC59-773A-403B-95AF-A8E768C472A6.jpeg

A7E7312B-E7AC-434E-8BE4-4510D5E96B93.png

I was going to say that earlier that the steel is exactly like something plain would come out with and I see zero problem with it. We already have the Nova with the cool art , mondo, the silver steel and the new 4K with the sliced ear. Loads to choose from. Nice to get something completely different from the already different selection

View attachment 578465

View attachment 578466

Agreed. I wasn't saying the steel looking like a PA release was a bad thing, just an observation.

I personally prefer the Nova release over this, and I already own the Mondo edition anyway so I'm in 2 minds whether to upgrade to 4k.... :coffee:

Reactions: Flloydo
Agreed. I wasn't saying the steel looking like a PA release was a bad thing, just an observation.
Oh I know, but I thought more would appreciate this art due to it looking quite classy, something different and the positive reaction to the AP steel art from the same artist. I was agreeing with you that I had the same thought about plain archive
I personally prefer the Nova release over this, and I already own the Mondo edition anyway so I'm in 2 minds whether to upgrade to 4k.... :coffee:
The 4K is very good if that helps

Reactions: Punker76
I already got all the relevant releases.
Time to break it down.
Not interested in DL, 'cause:
I have the Artisan 10th anniversary SE DVD (Mr. Blonde version - there were 4 gatefold slipcovers):
Reservoir Dogs SE Mr Blonde R1 V3.jpg

Reservoir Dogs SE Mr Blonde R1 V1.jpg

And a Scandinavian Metalpak with that art (actually even better, they added Tarantino, and the names match, no matter the name placement contracts :D ):
ReservoirDogsMetalpakND01.JPG

Not interested in SL, got the Zavvi Steelbook:
Reservoir Dogs Zavvi Steelbook UK BD V1.jpg

Don't really need the box art, got the NovaMedia Fullslip B:
ReservoirNovaFSB.jpg

Steelbook inside of which has that front, and the back is like DL again...

Also have the German digibook:
ReservoirDogsDigibookBDGer01.JPG

And a Korean digipack:
ReservoirDogsDigipackKR01.JPG

And the 'gas tin':
Reservoir Dogs 15th AE R1 V2.jpg

And the best steelbook still, the Mondoshawan Mondo one:
ReservoirDogsSteelbookUK01.jpg

Plus that Plaion Boxset with the new 'ear' steel and other stuff:
20240526_101906.jpg

Three of the photocards in Manta's set are the same as in Nova's, but character cards are different, and they got 2 more of them. They're also different in the Plaion box, but that famous photo of Keitel and Buscemi stand-off is the same.

Either way I gotta have the new steelbook, booklet might be good, character cards OK, and the Fullslip is the least bad one here.

I already got all the relevant releases.
Time to break it down.
Not interested in DL, 'cause:
I have the Artisan 10th anniversary SE DVD (Mr. Blonde version - there were 4 gatefold slipcovers):
View attachment 578473
View attachment 578474

And a Scandinavian Metalpak with that art (actually even better, they added Tarantino, and the names match, no matter the name placement contracts :D ):
View attachment 578475

Not interested in SL, got the Zavvi Steelbook:
View attachment 578476

Don't really need the box art, got the NovaMedia Fullslip B:
View attachment 578477
Steelbook inside of which has that front, and the back is like DL again...

Also have the German digibook:
View attachment 578479

And a Korean digipack:
View attachment 578480

And the 'gas tin':
View attachment 578481

And the best steelbook still, the Mondoshawan Mondo one:
View attachment 578482

Plus that Plaion Boxset with the new 'ear' steel and other stuff:
View attachment 578483

Three of the photocards in Manta's set are the same as in Nova's, but character cards are different, and they got 2 more of them. They're also different in the Plaion box, but that famous photo of Keitel and Buscemi stand-off is the same.

Either way I gotta have the new steelbook, booklet might be good, character cards OK, and the Fullslip is the least bad one here.
But as someone who doesn't own any physical form of this film, gonna go with either SL or DL

But as someone who doesn't own any physical form of this film, gonna go with either SL or DL
Yes, definitely, if you don't have those images elsewhere, SL is much better.
If I'm able to buy the One-Click, I think I'll keep FS as is, switch out the steelbook in SL for Zavvi one, and got a buyer for the DL, will replace it with Nova FS-B - it should fit... :smuggrin:

Yes, definitely, if you don't have those images elsewhere, SL is much better.
If I'm able to buy the One-Click, I think I'll keep FS as is, switch out the steelbook in SL for Zavvi one, and got a buyer for the DL, will replace it with Nova FS-B - it should fit... :smuggrin:
My concern is whether the SL will be a blurry lenti. And I don’t know if I should go with the DL, but there’s also the risk that might be blurry also. Don’t know what to pick up

See you all on Saturday 1st June @ 8pm HK time to gain one of these splendid pre-orders :thumbs:

(Is what I will be kicking myself with when I realize I missed the pre-order the day before) :eggonface:

• Haha
Reactions: Lutzo