Music on Vinyl Reservoir Dogs - OST 25th Anniversary (colored vinyl)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: June 2, 2017
Purchase: Zavvi - Music On vinyl
Price: £19.99

Notes: 1LP, 180 gr. on "red and clear mixed" vinyl, limited to 3000 numbered copies

ArticleSharedImage-71339.jpg

Could you think of any other film producer that picks better soundtracks than the widely revered Quentin Tarantino? Inventing a genre on his own, his string of best-selling nouvelle violence movies started out in 1992 with the low budget cult classic Reservoir Dogs.

The film follows a band of criminals preparing for a diamond heist and follows the characters in the crime's aftermath. Its cast consists of sublime actors such as Harvey Keitel (whose comeback was a direct result of this film), Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Chris Penn (Sean's brother) and Steve Buscemi as the legendary character of Mr. Pink. The film's sparkling dialog catapulted Reservoir Dogs to eternal cult status and remains a favourite among movie fans all over the world, a fame to which its soundtrack contributed a great deal.

Music On Vinyl is proud to release these so called 'Super Sounds Of The Seventies', a selection of unusual and sometimes wacky hits by artists such as Stealers Wheel, Harry Nilsson ("Coconut" is included on Nilsson Schmilsson [MOVLP279]) and Joe Tex. The movie also raised public interest in the Dutch band George Baker Selection, due to the use of his "Little Green Bag" in the film's opening titles. Keep On Truckin'!

Exactly 25 years ago this cult film was released in theatre. To celebrate this classic soundtrack a 25th year anniversary limited edition of the album is released on mixed Red and Clear Vinyl.

SIDE A
1. STEVEN WRIGHT - AND NOW LITTLE GREEN BAG
2. GEORGE BAKER SELECTION - LITTLE GREEN BAG
3. STEVEN WRIGHT - ROCK FLOCK OF FIVE
4. BLUE SWEDE - HOOKED ON A FEELING
5. STEVEN WRIGHT - BOHEMIATH
6. JOE TEX - I GOTCHA
7. BEDLAM - MAGIC CARPET RIDE
8. QUENTIN TARANTINO - HARVEY KEITEL - STEVE BUSCEMI - LAWRENCE TIERNEY - EDDIE BUNKER - MADONNA SPEECH

SIDE B
1. SANDY ROGERS - FOOL FOR LOVE
2. STEVEN WRIGHT - SUPER SOUNDS
3. STEALERS WHEEL - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU
4. BEDLAM - HARVEST MOON
5. HARVEY KEITEL - TIM ROTH - LET'S GET A TACO
6. STEVEN WRIGHT - KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
7. HARRY NILSSON - COCONUT
8. STEVEN WRIGHT - HOME OF ROCK

So are we to assume "red & clear mixed vinyl" means half-and-half, or will there be some red and some clear?

I've stuck a pre-order in anyway... been meaning to pick up the previous release for a while, but never got around to it.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Woop
Woop

Glad I didn't pick this up 2 months ago in HMV, I've Wanted this for a while and it's out on my bday too :) ordered

(Could of tagged me @Noodles :whistle:)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
Nuts! Got the standard version of this only last month. This is really nice.
Anyone else spotted that Nice Guy Eddie has been photoshoped into a suit to match everyone else in the image? Lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Nuts! Got the standard version of this only last month. This is really nice.
Anyone else spotted that Nice Guy Eddie has been photoshoped into a suit to match everyone else in the image? Lol.

Haha, naw didn't noticed that :LOL:

To be honest, a colored vinyl is nice but sometimes a shiny regular black is as good or better. In this case I like the regular black more.
If you want it fancy there's also a red/black split colored release out in the wild https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Y4TJFG/?tag=hidefnin-20

Reactions: Lucifer Adams
Im really hoping we get a nice coloured vinyl of kill bill vol 1, 2 and deathproof soon too

Very close to picking them uk a few months ago and with this on the horizon I hope some other tarantinos follow

• Kill Bill 1 - yellow/ or pink & yellow mix
• Kill bill 2 - yellow with red blood splatter
• Deathproof - red & white mix or red splatter on white (a lot of yellow used in that film too so maybe a tri colour)

Id be happy with Django and pulp fiction too (Infact any on his films)

Im really hoping we get a nice coloured vinyl of kill bill vol 1, 2 and deathproof soon too

Very close to picking them uk a few months ago and with this on the horizon I hope some other tarantinos follow

• Deathproof - red & white mix or red splatter on white (a lot of yellow used in that film too so maybe a tri colour)

I'd definitely be up for those, even if I did only just recently pick up the KB soundtracks.

I'd definitely be up for those, even if I did only just recently pick up the KB soundtracks.

I nearly did a couple of months ago back when Hmv were selling RD for like £8 or £9

Fingers crossed they do because I only own them on cd or on my iPod

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles

That would be so cool ! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Anyone received a dispatch email for this?

Release day was on Friday and it's now showing as sold out on Zavvi... my order says it's awaiting stock pick. :dunno:

Anyone received a dispatch email for this?

Release day was on Friday and it's now showing as sold out on Zavvi... my order says it's awaiting stock pick. :dunno:

No dispatch yet mate but had the sorry it's not been sent yet mail

Like normal with zavvi they don't always get the vinyl stock for the street release date.
I imagine the link will be back tomorrow or Tuesday as buy now but you could get a dispatch this week, next or the week after

Hopefully sent tomorrow though lol

Reactions: Noodles
No dispatch yet mate but had the sorry it's not been sent yet mail

Like normal with zavvi they don't always get the vinyl stock for the street release date.
I imagine the link will be back tomorrow or Tuesday as buy now but you could get a dispatch this week, next or the week after

Hopefully sent tomorrow though lol
Just checked my junk folder after reading your post and had the same email lol. Now that you mention it though... the same happened with Ace Ventura if I remember correctly, and those obviously arrived eventually, so you're probably right!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Just checked my junk folder after reading your post and had the same email lol. Now that you mention it though... the same happened with Ace Ventura if I remember correctly, and those obviously arrived eventually, so you're probably right!

I got the same email. Probably been a delay from the supplier....

Pre ordered quite a few from them over the last year and half and they are never on time

Always a delay, it's not like steels and other things they sell for some reason.

Pop vinyl are the other things that I noticed they never get on release but i haven't pre ordered one from them for nearly a year so that might not be the same anymore

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I don't mind the delay. It's better than getting them early when you mightn't have the funds

Same

But I do make a note of everything i pre order with price and dates on my phone so I know I can afford it and keep tabs on the ol' budget