Music on Vinyl Reservoir Dogs - OST 25th Anniversary (colored vinyl)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: June 2, 2017
Purchase: Zavvi - Music On vinyl
Price: £19.99

Notes: 1LP, 180 gr. on "red and clear mixed" vinyl, limited to 3000 numbered copies

ArticleSharedImage-71339.jpg

Could you think of any other film producer that picks better soundtracks than the widely revered Quentin Tarantino? Inventing a genre on his own, his string of best-selling nouvelle violence movies started out in 1992 with the low budget cult classic Reservoir Dogs.

The film follows a band of criminals preparing for a diamond heist and follows the characters in the crime's aftermath. Its cast consists of sublime actors such as Harvey Keitel (whose comeback was a direct result of this film), Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Chris Penn (Sean's brother) and Steve Buscemi as the legendary character of Mr. Pink. The film's sparkling dialog catapulted Reservoir Dogs to eternal cult status and remains a favourite among movie fans all over the world, a fame to which its soundtrack contributed a great deal.

Music On Vinyl is proud to release these so called 'Super Sounds Of The Seventies', a selection of unusual and sometimes wacky hits by artists such as Stealers Wheel, Harry Nilsson ("Coconut" is included on Nilsson Schmilsson [MOVLP279]) and Joe Tex. The movie also raised public interest in the Dutch band George Baker Selection, due to the use of his "Little Green Bag" in the film's opening titles. Keep On Truckin'!

Exactly 25 years ago this cult film was released in theatre. To celebrate this classic soundtrack a 25th year anniversary limited edition of the album is released on mixed Red and Clear Vinyl.

SIDE A
1. STEVEN WRIGHT - AND NOW LITTLE GREEN BAG
2. GEORGE BAKER SELECTION - LITTLE GREEN BAG
3. STEVEN WRIGHT - ROCK FLOCK OF FIVE
4. BLUE SWEDE - HOOKED ON A FEELING
5. STEVEN WRIGHT - BOHEMIATH
6. JOE TEX - I GOTCHA
7. BEDLAM - MAGIC CARPET RIDE
8. QUENTIN TARANTINO - HARVEY KEITEL - STEVE BUSCEMI - LAWRENCE TIERNEY - EDDIE BUNKER - MADONNA SPEECH

SIDE B
1. SANDY ROGERS - FOOL FOR LOVE
2. STEVEN WRIGHT - SUPER SOUNDS
3. STEALERS WHEEL - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU
4. BEDLAM - HARVEST MOON
5. HARVEY KEITEL - TIM ROTH - LET'S GET A TACO
6. STEVEN WRIGHT - KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
7. HARRY NILSSON - COCONUT
8. STEVEN WRIGHT - HOME OF ROCK

Pre ordered quite a few from them over the last year and half and they are never on time

Always a delay, it's not like steels and other things they sell for some reason.

Pop vinyl are the other things that I noticed they never get on release but i haven't pre ordered one from them for nearly a year so that might not be the same anymore
It's still the same FYI... I pre-ordered two Pops (Stranger Things and Tomb Raider) from them the other month and weeks passed without me receiving an update, then the Stranger Things one eventually vanished from their site, so I just cancelled the order in the end. :rolleyes:

@Noodles @Flloydo @Lollard2002
I preordered from Norman Records and mine has not shipped yet as apparently its not arrived from the suppliers. Also the Vinyl colour is apparently just Red and not red/clear mix as originally advertised.
Thanks for confirming! :thumbs:

I was never sure what they meant about them being "red and clear mixed" to be honest, but I don't mind them just being red anyway. :)

@Noodles @Flloydo @Lollard2002
I preordered from Norman Records and mine has not shipped yet as apparently its not arrived from the suppliers. Also the Vinyl colour is apparently just Red and not red/clear mix as originally advertised.

Ah ok, cheers for the update.

It's still the same FYI... I pre-ordered two Pops (Stranger Things and Tomb Raider) from them the other month and weeks passed without me receiving an update, then the Stranger Things one eventually vanished from their site, so I just cancelled the order in the end. :rolleyes:

Thanks for confirming! :thumbs:

I was never sure what they meant about them being "red and clear mixed" to be honest, but I don't mind them just being red anyway. :)

I've waited months for one pop pre order once but I don't get them anymore anyway, I think twin peaks fire wall with me was about a month and half after release but being mondo probably took longer for stock etc

I'm assuming it was half clear half red to make it look like blood dripping down. Maybe I'm wrong

I've waited months for one pop pre order once but I don't get them anymore anyway, I think twin peaks fire wall with me was about a month and half after release but being mondo probably took longer for stock etc

I'm assuming it was half clear half red to make it look like blood dripping down. Maybe I'm wrong
That's fine until the money suddenly vanishes from my account without me being prepared for it... that's why I log all of my pre-orders, so I can keep on top of my spending. Typical of Zavvi to mess all that up with their constant delays though. :sour:

Hmm I dunno... that sounds too cool for a Zavvi release lol. It was mainly just the fact that the mock-up only shows red which had me confused, plus them describing it as "mixed", which made me wonder if it was a gamble as to whether the customer would get a red or a clear vinyl. Good to know we should be expecting red now anyway. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
That's fine until the money suddenly vanishes from my account without me being prepared for it... that's why I log all of my pre-orders, so I can keep on top of my spending. Typical of Zavvi to mess all that up with their constant delays though. :sour:

Hmm I dunno... that sounds too cool for a Zavvi release lol. It was mainly just the fact that the mock-up only shows red which had me confused, plus them describing it as "mixed", which made me wonder if it was a gamble as to whether the customer would get a red or a clear vinyl. Good to know we should be expecting red now anyway. :)

Yeah that's happened to me, like I said to lollard I log it all down too so I know what I'm spending each month and keep to my budget

It's not actually a zavvi exclusive release but they usually get the "music on vinyl" releases to sell. So it could of been half and half to make it look like blood. Or it's music on vinyls odd way of describing translucent red!
Either way I'm looking forward to it and red suits the film well

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles @Travis Bickle

Just read this ......

"There are 2,000 copies being pressed transparent red vinyl. This is an update from the previous communication of clear OR red. MOV have been in touch to clarify that there is only one colour – a transparent/translucent"

So it was their weird way of saying translucent lol

@Noodles @Travis Bickle

Just read this ......

"There are 2,000 copies being pressed transparent red vinyl. This is an update from the previous communication of clear OR red. MOV have been in touch to clarify that there is only one colour – a transparent/translucent"

So it was their weird way of saying translucent lol
Thanks for the info mate. :thumbs:

You were right in your previous post then... very weird that they didn't just say translucent to begin with lol.

Zavvi and their supplier are certainly taking their time with this one.

2 weeks today since release

I'm hoping we get some movement next week

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Zavvi and their supplier are certainly taking their time with this one.

2 weeks today since release

I'm hoping we get some movement next week
Was literally just thinking about this last night, then forgot again until I just saw your post... an update from Zavvi would be nice! :sleep:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo