Rise Of The Footsoldier 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: December 26, 2015
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £22.99

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
my turned up yesterday ordered from amazon it is indeed a steelbook and the j card is in english .if you want one i'd get in quick before they all go
Thank you mate , I only ordered mine yesterday at 1pm and it arrived today in perfect condition ...... cracking buy for £7.99 and nice to have the steelbook as this was a mystery what happened to the stock.

Pics please :notworthy:

my turned up yesterday ordered from amazon it is indeed a steelbook and the j card is in english .if you want one i'd get in quick before they all go

Thank you mate , I only ordered mine yesterday at 1pm and it arrived today in perfect condition ...... cracking buy for £7.99 and nice to have the steelbook as this was a mystery what happened to the stock.

Ordered mine today - but at the new price of GBP 8.99 (never mind) - and almost perfectly happy as I'd given up on this steelbook.
Only seems to be available from Amazon - or rather from a third party seller from *The Netherlands fulfilled by Amazon - not forgetting the lone seller asking GBP 29.99 for it on the Bay.
1469888237772-jpg.742248

1469888244737-jpg.742249

1469888248991-jpg.742250

1469888320974-jpg.742295

Photos courtesy of a member from another forum.

No idea what happened to this steelbook between the planned release date in December 2015 and how it has suddenly appeared now 8 months later in August 2016.
Don't know if . . .
. . . it was released in such a limited run that it completely escaped my radar?
. . . the shipment stolen last Summer - as reported - with information floating around at the time like this:-

"As an FYI on this release. The stock was stolen during transportation to technicolor and signature are looking at where its being sold. If you have information of it being offered to yourselves it would be a good idea to pass that information to studio as they have pulled the steelbook release"

. . . and from Amazon (end of January 2016):-

"We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:
Rise Of The Footsoldier: Part II Steel Book [Blu-ray]"
Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.
We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you."

. . . and today from the lone seller on the bay (August 2016):-

"Rise Of The Footsoldier 2 Blu Ray Steelbook.
Brand New & Sealed.
Very rare Blu Ray Steelbook that has never actually been on sale in UK stores, these were once available to pre order but then cancelled by all UK retailers so very rare to find.
This is a UK release.
Postage will be free within the UK.
Please feel free to browse my other items for sale.
Thanks."

Urban myth or not. . . it's available right now and at a greatly reduced price compared to the original pre-order of GBP 22.99.
- For how long will it be available from this seller? How many copies are available? Will it be available from other sellers? Has it recently been re-printed?

Anyway, as mentioned, got my copy so all's well that ends well:happy:

* Was not expecting to read that this is being sold by a company in Holland/The Netherlands but rather expecting it to come from the Costa del Crime (JUST JOKING!).

Detailed Seller Information
  • Business Name: Megamoviestore.com
  • Business Type: One man business
  • Trade Register Number: 24245797
  • VAT Number: NL178435648B02
  • Phone number: 0621262120
  • Business Address:
    • Vlier 5
    • Hellevoetsluis
    • Zuid-Holland
    • 3224TR
    • NL

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Is that a vertical scratch on the back of the SteelBook (on the right), or is that an intentional part of the design? It can also be seen when the J-card is attached. Looks out of place.

As for Virkia's story - It seems a bit strange that the Amazon seller is from the Netherlands, but the SteelBook has the BBFC logo on to denote a UK release. Why would a Dutchman have stock of a British release that we all know was cancelled by the retailers that were due to stock it? If these were indeed acquired illegally, then surely listing on Amazon is a silly thing to do. He probably would have gotten more money by listing them one at a time on eBay. In this instance, as these are fulfilled by Amazon, what action would authorities take? Could they investigate Amazon for the handling of suspected stolen goods? Are we all to expect a knock at the door at some point, even though we legitimately purchased the items?

Looking at how cheap this is and that's it's sold by third party sellers I would be asking questions

If this is possible stolen stock the price been very cheap supports the possibility

Has anyone contacted the distributor Signature about this stock suddenly showing up on Amazon

As it's FULFILLED BY AMAZON I don't foresee any problems in buying it and I'd guess you can be pretty sure that Amazon will have made all the necessary checks before allowing it to be sold through their website - would be nuts not to.
I find it really hard to give any credence to the belief that Amazon are dispatching "stolen" steelbooks from their warehouse(s) and sending them out to Prime customers immediately with receipt the next day.

Haven't received mine yet but looks kosher from the pics and the fact that the j-card does not cover the back completely is certainly not unique to steelbooks and I have more than a few just like that.

Steelbook not going to win any prizes for design or finish but it is what it is and the price and backstory make it a "must buy" for the collection :thumbs:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILM POSTER for front artwork is OK but would have preferred the other with more red in it but as that was used for the Amaray (BD and DVD) I can see that the steel should maybe have something different, even if only slightly:-

Carnaby International and Signature Entertainment have released a poster for Rise of the Footsoldier Part II, the follow-up to the cult 2007 British crime thriller; check it out here…
61GFn7UCUZL._SX200_QL80_.jpg
AMAZON REPUTATION: It should be remembered that the retailing phenomenon that is Amazon - with $90B of revenues - has the best corporate reputation in America and is top of the table this year and has been in the top ten for the past eight years.

Here are the top 10 for this year.
  1. Amazon
  2. Apple
  3. Google
  4. USAA
  5. The Walt Disney Company
  6. Publix Super Markets
  7. Samsung
  8. Berkshire Hathaway
  9. Johnson & Johnson
  10. Kellogg Company

As it's FULFILLED BY AMAZON I don't foresee any problems in buying it and I'd guess you can be pretty sure that Amazon will have made all the necessary checks before allowing it to be sold through their website - would be nuts not to.
I find it really hard to give any credence to the belief that Amazon are dispatching "stolen" steelbooks from their warehouse(s) and sending them out to Prime customers immediately with receipt the next day.

Haven't received mine yet but looks kosher from the pics and the fact that the j-card does not cover the back completely is certainly not unique to steelbooks and I have more than a few just like that.

Steelbook not going to win any prizes for design or finish but it is what it is and the price and backstory make it a "must buy" for the collection :thumbs:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILM POSTER for front artwork is OK but would have preferred the other with more red in it but as that was used for the Amaray (BD and DVD) I can see that the steel should maybe have something different, even if only slightly:-

Carnaby International and Signature Entertainment have released a poster for Rise of the Footsoldier Part II, the follow-up to the cult 2007 British crime thriller; check it out here…
61GFn7UCUZL._SX200_QL80_.jpg
AMAZON REPUTATION: It should be remembered that the retailing phenomenon that is Amazon - with $90B of revenues - has the best corporate reputation in America and is top of the table this year and has been in the top ten for the past eight years.

Here are the top 10 for this year.
  1. Amazon
  2. Apple
  3. Google
  4. USAA
  5. The Walt Disney Company
  6. Publix Super Markets
  7. Samsung
  8. Berkshire Hathaway
  9. Johnson & Johnson
  10. Kellogg Company
Amazon have had before stolen goods sold on their website from third party sellers and some of these also where items fulfilled by Amazon

Amazon not the best at checking listings they often accept Zavvi exclusives as pre order listings from third party sellers which get listed as Amazon the seller and they end up having to cancel these pre orders

The main issue is with this release the whole consignment of steelbooks was apparently robbed from a lorry so big ??? Where this stock come from

If the distributor Signature recovered the allegedly stolen stock why have they not made this stock available to purchase from all retailers as previously planned

Very strange a dutch third party seller selling UK Stock reported allegedly previously stolen
The only way I can see these are legit is the stock was recovered by insurance company and sold to third party instead of been returned to the distributor or the distributor sold the recovered stock to third party

Last edited:
Examples and proof is needed for such a statement or else it is slanderous!

Yes, we all know about those phantom listings for steelbooks on Amazon that are in reality exclusive to another retailer but the big difference between that example and this is that no transactions take place in the former because the steelbooks do not exist.

I think that if the stock being offered for sale on Amazon and eBay was not kosher then the sellers would be bonkers to advertise it for sale as I'm sure the studio and its lawyers are keeping a close eye on listings for their property - if there is even a kernel of truth in the story that a lorry-load of these steelbooks was stolen . . .

A couple of final thoughts: if I'd arranged the heist - firstly, I wouldn't have robbed a stack of such an obscure and insignificant title and, secondly, I'd be offloading them in pubs, car boots, friends and similar and not in the full glare of publicity via one of the largest retailers in the world . . . that is just plain . . .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Heche1981
Examples and proof is needed for such a statement or else it is slanderous!

Yes, we all know about those phantom listings for steelbooks on Amazon that are in reality exclusive to another retailer but the big difference between that example and this is that no transactions take place in the former because the steelbooks do not exist.

I think that if the stock being offered for sale on Amazon and eBay was not kosher then the sellers would be bonkers to advertise it for sale as I'm sure the studio and its lawyers are keeping a close eye on listings for their property - if there is even a kernel of truth in the story that a lorry-load of these steelbooks was stolen . . .

A couple of final thoughts: if I'd arranged the heist - firstly, I wouldn't have robbed a stack of such an obscure and insignificant title and, secondly, I'd be offloading them in pubs, car boots, friends and similar and not in the full glare of publicity via one of the largest retailers in the world . . . that is just plain . . .

Lot of reports can be found on internet including police reports of arrests of stolen items sold on amazon
It's happens more often than you might not know about staff at distributors warehouses stealing stock and listing on amazon and ebay and offering stock to secondhand stores
I caught a few of them myself for film studio distributors when I used to be the manager of new and secondhand record/video/dvd store

It's possible this steelbook is recovered stock given to third party seller by either insurance company or the distributor themselves
It still needs to be checked if stock is legit that is been sold

You be surprised as where stock comes from that ends up on amazon and ebay and in secondhand shops

If you looked at my post I put reported allegedly Stolen not like other web forums who not used the wording allegedly by members and I see you commented on a few on these :p

Last edited:
Yes, I was afraid you'd do that and as a fellow Scorpio I'm guessing you also like to get to the bottom of certain things :p
BTW I also prepared a message for Signature last night but did NOT send it as my thinking was "Why rock the boat and risk having the steelbook pulled if it's proved to be in any way iffy".

"Dear Sir or Madam,
RE: RISE OF THE FOOTSOLDIER: PART 2 LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK
I've just come across this steelbook that I thought had been cancelled - a steelbook that was due a release in December of last year but wasn't released (as far as I can make out) - a steelbook that has now appeared for the very first time some eight months later and at a greatly reduced price through one individual seller instead of through the usual retailers.
I would appreciate some background information on this item, if you are in a position to provide it, to quash the rumours which sound just a tad fantastical.
Yours faithfully,

Reactions: paulboland
I would speculate that if the stock was indeed stolen and if the insurance companies did pay out to Signature for their loss, and if the stock was later retrieved by the insurance companies, it would be logical to think that rather than destroying such items (as I am sure is sometimes their procedure), they may have sold it off cheap to a third party or wholesaler in order to recoup the money that they paid out and spent investigating the loss. It is not unheard of for stock from a failed business to be sold off to wholesalers for redistribution, so I would imagine the same thing would occur here.

Alternatively, we could be seeing an unsuspecting small business or individual having acquired a small consignment of these products from another source who may have been involved in the alleged illegal heist, or it could be that the stock has been sold several times in order to make the trail harder to trace.

As others have stated above, it does seem very suspicious that the third party seller is Dutch, and is choosing to only list on one website (Amazon.co.uk), and for such a cheap price as well.

Alas, now disappeared completely from Amazon and the lone seller offering this steelbook on the Bay for GBP 29.99 has also removed his listing.

"Document Not Found

kailey-kitty._CB192197191_.gif
Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site."

Last edited: