Rise Of The Footsoldier 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: December 26, 2015
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £22.99

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, if it has been removed from sale for somewhat dubious reasons, anyone that bought it could then be said to be handling stolen goods :/

Just saying.

I tweeted Signature entertainment UK early Thursday morning how come the steelbook is suddenly available from amazon and asked was this not previously cancelled as a release

They have not yet replied to my tweet
Might just be coincidence but 2 days later the listing gets removed from both Amazon and ebay ???

Last edited:
Gutted I hadn't been watching this thread....I pre-ordered the steelbook from Amazon UK last year then my order mysteriously disappeared. After reading about the steelbook being lost/stolen/cancelled I ordered the regular one but I really wanted the steel...

So ordered this a couple of weeks ago, but only just opened it. Didn't realise the story behind these steels...just seen one on the bay for £125! Paid £7 lol not for the investment but I liked the film, not a bad steel either.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Jb162009
So ordered this a couple of weeks ago, but only just opened it. Didn't realise the story behind these steels...just seen one on the bay for £125! Paid £7 lol not for the investment but I liked the film, not a bad steel either.

View attachment 258670
View attachment 258671

Can I ask where you found it for £7? Amazon cancelled my pre-order for this steel with no explanation and as I hadn't been following this thread, gutted I've missed out...

Can I ask where you found it for £7? Amazon cancelled my pre-order for this steel with no explanation and as I hadn't been following this thread, gutted I've missed out...

It went up on Amazon.co.uk for sale by a third party the other week back - the listing has since been pulled

Received mine today, now the question, Do I open it?
Obvious answer would be a "Yes" but only if it comes back and "No, keep it sealed" if it doesn't.
At the time of writing this must be the rarest steelbook in existence and could end up being worth a few bob due to the very limited number in circulation and the mythical story surrounding it's non-appearance last December when it was due to be released . . . although even that is strange - with a cinema release on the 11th December and a Blu-ray/DVD release so soon after on the 26th December . . .

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
Is that a vertical scratch on the back of the SteelBook (on the right), or is that an intentional part of the design? It can also be seen when the J-card is attached. Looks out of place.

As for Virkia's story - It seems a bit strange that the Amazon seller is from the Netherlands, but the SteelBook has the BBFC logo on to denote a UK release. Why would a Dutchman have stock of a British release that we all know was cancelled by the retailers that were due to stock it? If these were indeed acquired illegally, then surely listing on Amazon is a silly thing to do. He probably would have gotten more money by listing them one at a time on eBay. In this instance, as these are fulfilled by Amazon, what action would authorities take? Could they investigate Amazon for the handling of suspected stolen goods? Are we all to expect a knock at the door at some point, even though we legitimately purchased the items?

It's not a scratch, they're my pictures that have been uploaded and I can confirm that it isn't a scratch

Just one left from one seller on eBay @GBP 45 including P&P
Time left: 6h 29m 14s (11 Nov, 2016 20:36:18 GMT)
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Not a great steelbook but rare as hen's teeth.