Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: February 19, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

rh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Is this the new one that just bombed at the theatres?
When I first saw this thread I was hoping for Costner. :woot: Then I thought it might be Crowe. :(

Then I realized it might be the new one. :angry::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
Expecting it to be the new one.

Thanks for nothing.:LOL:

I believe it was written that this was going to be the biggest bomb of the year until Mortal Engines came along. I believe both were expected to lose $100 million. Or something like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I'll still watch it and give it a shot, I hope it's good but I'm not a fan of the anachronism that's sure to plague the film.

My SteelBook New Years resolution is to be more selective about which SteelBooks I buy in 2019; this may be the first victim.
I'm right there with you! When I first discovered the wonderfulness that is steelbook collecting I kinda went a little crazy with it and got mostly everything that came along. Some of those ended up being stinkers movie wise, which I learned after purchase, making me be much more discretionary regarding my future purchases. And truly, every time you turn around there's a movie steel rehash, so odds are decent if you miss something, you'll see it again before too long.

• Thanks
Reactions: Thwip
I believe it was written that this was going to be the biggest bomb of the year until Mortal Engines came along. I believe both were expected to lose $100 million. Or something like that.
I'll still watch it and give it a shot, I hope it's good but I'm not a fan of the anachronism that's sure to plague the film.
This was a little better than Mortal Engines imo.

Reactions: Stygian
I have been informed that this release will have a secret industry first experience inside.

as Calvin Candie would say "Gentlemen you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention." ... :LOL: No really, I'm very intrigued now. :wow:

I have been informed that this release will have a secret industry first experience inside.

as Calvin Candie would say "Gentlemen you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention." ... :LOL: No really, I'm very intrigued now. :wow:
By industry first, is that the Steelbook industry, or the home media market as a whole?

By industry first, is that the Steelbook industry, or the home media market as a whole?

I believe it could actually be home media market. I believe its exclusive to only 4K releases. So its in the steelbook, and perhaps also the regular 4k release.

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
So that would mean whatever it is it won't be in the Canadian steelbook.
I'm thinking maybe it's a refund for anybody who actually bought a ticket to see this in the theatre. All 8 of you.

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles and DMD4k
I believe the "secret industry first experience" is going to be HDR10+, supposedly the 1st home video release with HDR 10+. We'll see.