Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: February 19, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

rh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I believe the "secret industry first experience" is going to be HDR10+, supposedly the 1st home video release with HDR 10+. We'll see.

Doubtful as that title apparently belongs to Mary and the Witch’s Flower which was released back in March 2018 in Japan. This was then followed by Ghost in the Shell 2 : Innocence in June. The US then followed suit in December with two IMAX features that have HDR10+ which are A Beautiful Planet and Journey to the South Pacific. The first non Anime or Doco to have HDR10+ was as far as I’m aware is Bad Times at the El Royale which came out early January. I have a DV setup so I have only loosely being following the format so I may have missed a title in the timeline but these are the ones that stand out as the first available HDR10+ 4K UHD Blu’s.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dfoles and DMD4k
I believe the "secret industry first experience" is going to be HDR10+, supposedly the 1st home video release with HDR 10+. We'll see.

Doubtful as that title apparently belongs to Mary and the Witch’s Flower which was released back in March 2018 in Japan. This was then followed by Ghost in the Shell 2 : Innocence in June. The US then followed suit in December with two IMAX features that have HDR10+ which are A Beautiful Planet and Journey to the South Pacific. The first non Anime or Doco to have HDR10+ was as far as I’m aware is Bad Times at the El Royale which came out early January. I have a DV setup so I have only loosely being following the format so I may have missed a title in the timeline but these are the ones that stand out as the first available HDR10+ 4K UHD Blu’s.

Maybe Dolby Vision instead?

secret has nothing to do with the audio/video.

I watched this last night, and I thought it was much better then what I was anticipating. It's a fun flick, but its definitely different. Has the vibe of like The Rock's Hercules movie in that some things are made stylistically different on purpose and not exactly trying to make some things fit with realism etc. for instance costume design etc. some of it does not look with the historic period, but if you look past that and one scene
training scene, felt too cliche
then its actually a pretty fun film.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Well the Soul Calibur VI futurepak has a built in speaker with a push button, so it can’t be that as an industry first.

Finally had some time to do the VIP code. Very cool.

So immediately you get to choose 2 free digital movies out of 5 offered. I presume all 5 are same offered for all. Kin, Uncle Drew, Overboard, Power Rangers, The Commuter

Then there is a prize wheel spin that you can log back in each day and spin again. Prizes like more digital movies but total cost being that of either $3 or $5 and then also Free Digital Movie , Prize Package, and Mystery.

And then for the movie in question that these VIP codes will be based off of there is Image Gallery and Video Clips inside the app. In this case, Robin Hood.