Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: March 28, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Notes: UHD discs only
307064_front.jpg
the-lost-city-sandra-bullock-3-1024x683.jpg 307064_front.jpg
[*]4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by director Paul Verhoeven
[*]Newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
[*]Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film on two 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ discs with Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
[*]Original lossless stereo and four-channel mixes plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound options on both cuts
[*]Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts

Disc One – Director’s Cut

[*]
[*]Commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for the Theatrical Cut and re-edited in 2014 for the Director’s Cut)
[*]Commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
[*]Commentary by fans Christopher Griffiths, Gary Smart and Eastwood Allen
[*]The Future of Law Enforcement: Creating RoboCop, an interview with co-writer Michael Miner
[*]RoboTalk, a conversation between co-writer Ed Neumeier and filmmakers David Birke (writer of Elle) and Nicholas McCarthy (director of Orion Pictures’ The Prodigy)
[*]Truth of Character, an interview with star Nancy Allen on her role as Lewis
[*]Casting Old Detroit, an interview with casting director Julie Selzer on how the film’s ensemble cast was assembled
[*]Connecting the Shots, an interview with second unit director and frequent Verhoeven collaborator Mark Goldblatt
[*]Analog, a featurette focusing on the special photographic effects, including new interviews with Peter Kuran and Kevin Kutchaver
[*]More Man Than Machine: Composing RoboCop, a tribute to composer Basil Poledouris featuring film music experts Jeff Bond, Lukas Kendall, Daniel Schweiger and Robert Townson
[*]RoboProps, a tour of super-fan Julien Dumont’s collection of original props and memorabilia
[*]2012 Q&A with the Filmmakers, a panel discussion featuring Verhoeven, Davison, Neumeier, Miner, Allen, star Peter Weller and animator Phil Tippett
[*]RoboCop: Creating A Legend, Villains of Old Detroit, Special Effects: Then & Now, three archive featurettes from 2007 featuring interviews with cast and crew
[*]Paul Verhoeven Easter Egg
[*]Four deleted scenes
[*]The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary by Phil Tippett
[*]Director’s Cut Production Footage, raw dailies from the filming of the unrated gore scenes, presented in 4K (SDR)
[*]Two theatrical trailers and three TV spots
[*]Extensive image galleries

Disc Two – Theatrical Cut

[*]Commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for Theatrical version of the film)
[*]Two Isolated Score tracks (Composer’s Original Score and Final Theatrical Mix)
[*]Edited-for-television version of the film, featuring alternate dubs, takes and edits of several scenes (95 mins, SD only)
[*]Split screen comparisons between the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut, and the Theatrical Cut and edited-for-TV version
[*]RoboCop: Edited for Television, a compilation of alternate scenes from two edited-for-television versions, including outtakes newly transferred in HD from recently unearthed 35mm elements

Last edited by a moderator:
As a conclusion from previous posts and pictures (and maybe somebody with both editions in hand):
Is there an agreement that old and new versions are opposite in terms of gloss and matte areas? Thank you :)

This reprint does not have the same finish as the previous one. They're actually complete opposites. I have them both in hand.

Old, everything is glossy except robocop and car on the front.

New, everything is matte except robocop and car on the front.

As a conclusion from previous posts and pictures (and maybe somebody with both editions in hand):
Is there an agreement that old and new versions are opposite in terms of gloss and matte areas? Thank you :)

Don't see much of a difference through the plastic actually :whistle:

20220331-125212.jpg
Fantastic answer and collection! Thank you! :) Thank you also @BluSteel2012
Unbelievable but I just received 2 min ago the steelbook from zavvi :O. As already commented, the new one has gloss areas: robocop and car. Then everything clear to me. I like that they are different and I will try to get also the 2019 steelbook version, because I find very curious this change.

Rather than selling off the whole Blu-ray limited edition box set, I purchased the 4K steelbook and put it inside the old box.

The booklet from the steelbook goes into the amaray case and the lobby cards & sticker goes into the steelbook.

I'll now get rid of the amaray case (with the 2x blurays & booklet) and keep the limited edition box that houses the 4K steelbook (with J-card), book and poster.

Best of both worlds :thumbs:

robocop.jpg

Reactions: Shark
Rather than selling off the whole Blu-ray limited edition box set, I purchased the 4K steelbook and put it inside the old box.

The booklet from the steelbook goes into the amaray case and the lobby cards & sticker goes into the steelbook.

I'll now get rid of the amaray case (with the 2x blurays & booklet) and keep the limited edition box that houses the 4K steelbook (with J-card), book and poster.

Best of both worlds :thumbs:

View attachment 530803
As someone looking to do this when my sets arrive, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Graphic_Delusions
Don't see much of a difference through the plastic actually :whistle:

20220331-125212.jpg
As far as slips I like the old Blufans OAB FS the best.
I have this new 4K on the way, 2 actually 1 to open. I hope all is well with the shipping was expecting to get this by now?

Just shows you the popularity of the film that even a new 4k release is a big seller. I really hope Arrow do The Thing despite the Universal release of last year
Wouldn't surprise me if they did, r.e The Thing. Waterworld has gone back to arrow again now after universal releasing their own 4K, likely meaning arrow will do their own 4K too at some point. I'd expect the same with the thing after a certain period.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did, r.e The Thing. Waterworld has gone back to arrow again now after universal releasing their own 4K, likely meaning arrow will do their own 4K too at some point. I'd expect the same with the thing after a certain period.
Keeping my fingers crossed they do... Between Arrow and Kino can't keep up with the 4k releases at the minute

Reactions: samdavies
would like to see this (and few others) on the big screen
Get a projector 1080p or a 4K projector and screen 100 inch or bigger and you can have cinema in your home
You can use a plain wall but better to have a dedicated screen

Some projectors can project a image upto 300 inches

You can get decent 4k projectors for €1000 to €2000

It’s simple just spend thousands of dollars and create your own movie theater inside your home.

View attachment 537649
A decent projector It can cost less than purchasing a 4K TV
There are a good few 4K projectors available now that cost less than €2000

You don't need a huge room to use a projector you just need the wall space

Watching a film at home on a 100/120/150 inch screen a lot better experience than watching on a 55/65 inch tv