Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10908461-1395137211-784357.jpg

10908461-1395137211-784318.jpg

10908461-1395137211-784055.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i watch/read reviews because after spending money to go see skyline without reading a review was painful,and a waste of money. and most of the reviews i watch/read are accurate. its personal preference,you can see whatever you want what does it matter? but me myself i will never go see a movie without checking first.

For the life of me I don't understand why people rely on reviews to form opinions about how they should feel about a film. Go see it for yourself first, and read the reviews after. Your opinion should mean more to you than the (re)views of others! :scat:

Nail and head dude!

If I based my opinion on what critics think there are lots of films I shouldn't like. Underworld films for a start which were panned.

What critics think is utterly meaningless at the end of the day.

BTW it's not like im looking up pro critics when i read reviews,i usually look what the user's think on rotten tomatoes,check imdb and watch jeremyjahn's review.

i watch/read reviews because after spending money to go see skyline without reading a review was painful,and a waste of money. and most of the reviews i watch/read are accurate. its personal preference,you can see whatever you want what does it matter? but me myself i will never go see a movie without checking first.

Buying into other people's opinions is a huge investment- often times coming at the cost of our 'better judgement'. The phrase 'guilty pleasure' was created by people who felt guilty about the things they enjoyed based off what others may think about it. These types of actions lead us to devalue our judgement in favor of others. I'm just saying don't let others tell you anything that you can experience for yourself. :thumbs:

Buying into other people's opinions is a huge investment- often times coming at the cost of our 'better judgement'. The phrase 'guilty pleasure' was created by people who felt guilty about the things they enjoyed based off what others may think about it. These types of actions lead us to devalue our judgement in favor of others. I'm just saying don't let others tell you anything that you can experience for yourself. :thumbs:

you can view for yourself but no matter what you say im still going to watch and read reviews. :thumbs:

BTW it's not like im looking up pro critics when i read reviews,i usually look what the user's think on rotten tomatoes,check imdb and watch jeremyjahn's review.

I never use Rotten Tomatoes, I often disagree with their percentages. Over half the reviews on there by "critics" are bloggers and small town papers. Couldn't really care what they think on anything. I do read the reviews in Empire which I subscribe to but still go to films they have panned. IE Taken ... 1 outa 5! lol

I never use Rotten Tomatoes, I often disagree with their percentages. Over half the reviews on there by "critics" are bloggers and small town papers. Couldn't really care what they think on anything. I do read the reviews in Empire which I subscribe to but still go to films they have panned. IE Taken ... 1 outa 5! lol

i dont go off the critics i go off the users,like shooter has like 40 percent from critiics,but 80 from users

Reactions: psychoscot
That artwork is amazing. They really messed up with the original's steels by not including the original poster artwork, reversed spine, matte finish (first release), giant photoshopped Robocop, etc. Funny that the remake's artwork is closer to the original's poster. I know it's Studiocanal but I really hope it's glossy.

If it's any consolation Ben, I watched Skyline for nothing and it was still painful:giggle:

Reactions: ben6212
Nail and head dude!

If I based my opinion on what critics think there are lots of films I shouldn't like. Underworld films for a start which were panned.

What critics think is utterly meaningless at the end of the day.

Calling it meaningless is a tad harsh in my opinion. All it boils down to at the end of the day is one person's opinion against the other, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What annoys me is when you voice your own opinion and someone shoots you down telling you that you're wrong.

For me, as I've posted many-a-time in the cinema thread for this movie is that I hope this remake fails hard. The original Robocop is a fantastic movie that holds it's own today and didn't in any way shape or form need remaking. This to me looks like they've taken the Iron Man approach by putting the man in a suit rather and being 12a, which in my opinion is a joke in itself, means it will cater for the younger audience just so they can make more money, have toned down violence, CGI'd to the max and not have a patch on the original. I shall still watch it though as it won't cost me anything thanks to my Cineworld Unlimited card, but my expectations are beyond low.

This is however my own opinion and will no doubt differ to many of you guys :)

Say what you like about Studio Canal but at least they know that the poster art is the best way to go. I am looking at you Fox.

reading a review allows you to make an informed choice on whether a film is worth spending time and money to see.

it takes the gamble out of it if you are unsure.

personally, i rarely read reviews for films i plan on seeing in the cinema. if i plan on seeing it, its because i like the look or sound of it, so no review will stop me seeing the film. and it only cost £8-10.. so its no big loss if its a disappointment.

but when buying blurays or games, its a bigger gamble, and you will have to own what you buy.. personally, i dont want to own rubbish, so i read reviews to get a good idea if its what im looking for and if its generally thought to be any good.

of course there are only opinions, but they are helpful.

for example, i ordered 'the boy in stripped pajamas' steelbook.. have no idea what the film is like, and there are other films coming out at that time.. can i afford to own a film i might not even like? so to make an informed decision, i read reviews.

this helps me come to a decision

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut