Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 249
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
Keaton was great though. Keaton is never not great.

one of my favourite keaton roles

the other guys

but robocop i think im gonna see it i was just too young th first robocop but have seen it but i think i already agree it should be more than a 12a but it wouldnt make as much money if it were an 18

For me it succeeded with the family stuff and with Murphy coming to terms with what he has become. The aspect of how much control he has over his actions was also a great aspect

Where it failed for me was the action scenes though. Not very exciting with the exception of the finale but sadly the final moments were very unspectacular

It had enough to separate it from the beloved original and I applaud that but if a sequel does go ahead, they need to give it a bit more oommfphh in the action department

Watch it over the weekend, and its alright. I really like Gary Oldman character, and the movie needed to be an R rated.

The original is my favourite and has better villains :scat: