Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 249
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
saw a coulpe of trailers last night and i was thinkin this might not be so terble IF the had they honest intention of building upon the originals (3rd one dont exist afaic) - expanding & updatin the thmes of civil unrest, Corporatocracy, justifiable violence and so on.

then i saw this:

Rated PG-13

shld of known better :movie:

New Robocop TV Spot! :thumbs:

RoboCop - Featurette on Casting & Characters :thumbs:

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the remastered original last night and the first thing I thought afterwards is why would they need a remake?, if they want to make another Robocop film then why not a quality sequel instead?

And what's with the Knightrider makeover, with the black paint job and and the red slit in the visor it's a walking version of K.I.T.T.

ok can someone explain why the human hand, even if they are trying to save more of his body than the original Robocop but they still have a mask that comes down and covers his face.

Also he has a gun that comes out of his thigh like the first, but the gun does some expanding via robotics.

So I ask why can't his human hand have armor to cover it when he is engaged in battle, or a robotic glove even

LOL good point, it's a huge weakness for him because if he gets his unprotected hands damaged then how does he use his gun?

I watched the remastered original last night and the first thing I thought afterwards is why would they need a remake?, if they want to make another Robocop film then why not a quality sequel instead?

My exact thoughts mate.

I remember reading in Total Film about 6-7 years ago, there was an interview with Peter Weller and Paul Verhoevan and they both said they wanted to make a proper sequel to Robocop, it's a shame they never made it

I see the reviews for this are starting to come out and it's getting mixed reviews...... my main hope was that a remastered version of the original would surface and it has. I'm dead against this remake but I will watch it at the cinema and give it a chance as I won't have to pay for it thanks to my Cineworld card

My exact thoughts mate.

I remember reading in Total Film about 6-7 years ago, there was an interview with Peter Weller and Paul Verhoevan and they both said they wanted to make a proper sequel to Robocop, it's a shame they never made it

Doing that would have been ideal instead of the remake because the two existing sequels aren't great.

I must admit I do enjoy Robo 2, 3 however is terrible lol

I've always liked Robocop 2, used to find it quite creepy, with things like the Elvis skeleton, officer Duffy getting sliced up (hate that bit), and the part where you see Kane's brain and eyes.

Found it really dark growing up, but still very good fun.

Reactions: cooey