Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #41) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: Late December, 2017
Group Buy: One Click - One Click (deposit) - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Group Buy Prices:
One Click - $205, DL - $70.99, SL - $67.99, FS - $64.99
Note: Glossy and embossed finish on the steelbook
Double lenticular
-3D+2D+bonus BD
-44 page booklet
-Exclusive Storm Trooper collector's card
Single lenticular
-3D+2D
-triple lenticular effects
-8 art cards
-Exclusive Death Trooper collector's card
Full slip
-3D+2D
-embossed
-4 IMAX poster cards
-Exclusive K-2SO collector's card
One Click

-all three editions plus fold out poster

RogueOneBlufansDoublelenti.jpgBlufansRogueOneSinglelenti.jpgRogueOneFullSlip.jpgBlufansRogueOneOneClick.jpg

Old info with live pictures of steelbook -
Thank you to member @pbtour4il for these live shots
dsc_1643-jpg.329268

dsc_1647-jpg.329280

dsc_1644-jpg.329269
dsc_1649-jpg.329283

IMG_3819.JPG
135831z5s98i3s8sh5iz5g.jpg
rogue-one-jpg.304288

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no Episode 4 - A New Hope.
There IS a 1977 film called STAR WARS, however.
The retconning is bull.
Notice the lack of "Episode 4" or "A New Hope" on the poster.
View attachment 353322

Learn your history, its very well documments right from 1977. Fox forbid Lucas using any extra titles or numbers since there hadn't been a Star Wars film before thinking it would confuse people. The original draft script has been on display many many times and contains "Episode 4" as its sub title

Sorry wrong! I was around for the original releases and for many years had the mags that covered the first film, where George talks about his overall vision. Lucas had already written the plot arc for pretty much the whole story for parts 4 to 6 before the first film was even in production. His problem was 1 costs and 2 virtually every studio said no. The only way he could get a deal was to drastically scale back part 4 to a streamlined story where the costs would be low "ish" and he could "hope" to achieve the effects he wanted. Ladd Jr at Fox liked the script and gave the greenlight. If the film flopped then its a fairly rounded film with an end, but it was always planned by Lucas to have at least a sequel to continue Skywalkers story if the film made any money.
Absolutely correct. I am an old enough fart that I remember all of this also.:D

Reactions: psychoscot
Learn your history, its very well documments right from 1977. Fox forbid Lucas using any extra titles or numbers since there hadn't been a Star Wars film before thinking it would confuse people. The original draft script has been on display many many times and contains "Episode 4" as its sub title
I was there in 1977. A movie called Star Wars opened.
(As a kid in 1977 it was kinda hard to escape)
What happened behind the scenes is of no consequence.
(And Lucas has reinvented and changed his story about his intentions back in 1977 about a dozen times). And as long as he was retoconning - why not go back to Revenge of The Jedi? (That was the original title, after all).
Close Encounters was not retconned into Watch The Skies years later, even though it was the original title. (Nor is E.T. Retconned as Close Encounters 2: E.T. - even though it started out as a sequel)
Btw- people who say they have seen "Episode 4- A New Hope" are usually people only familiar with the Special Editions. People who say they saw "Star Wars" usually means people saw the 1977 original.
I always make the point of asking "did you see Star Wars? Or did you see A New Hope?"

Last edited:

Now, TO BE FAIR- it was originally titled
"The Adventures of Luke Skywalker as taken from THE JOURNAL OF THE WHILLS: Saga Number 1: The Star Wars"

And George Lucas has offered some pretty contradictory statements over the years- initially that he had never planned to do a sequel to Star Wars prior to its releases, and then that he had ideas for subsequent films, and then that he had an idea for prequel films. It is a bit of a myth that Star Wars '77 was intended to be EPISODE IV from the get-go, as The Empire Strikes back was initially set to be STAR WARS 2- before being reworked in to The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars '77 was not A NEW HOPE until its theatrical re-release in 1981.

It's a confusing history. xD
Be that as it may- it's something that belongs to all of us, and I think that we should refer to the films as we know them to be- for instance, I still refer to A New Hope as "Star Wars '77"- because that's what it is to me.
And I refer to Episode VI as "Revenge of the Jedi"- because I adore RedLetterMedia's joke that the Title was changed from Revenge to Return because George Lucas wanted to save $1,300 annually from the cost of printing that extra letter.

• Thanks
Reactions: gigan72 and C.C. 95
Now, TO BE FAIR- it was originally titled
"The Adventures of Luke Skywalker as taken from THE JOURNAL OF THE WHILLS: Saga Number 1: The Star Wars"

And George Lucas has offered some pretty contradictory statements over the years- initially that he had never planned to do a sequel to Star Wars prior to its releases, and then that he had ideas for subsequent films, and then that he had an idea for prequel films. It is a bit of a myth that Star Wars '77 was intended to be EPISODE IV from the get-go, as The Empire Strikes back was initially set to be STAR WARS 2- before being reworked in to The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars '77 was not A NEW HOPE until its theatrical re-release in 1981.

It's a confusing history. xD
Be that as it may- it's something that belongs to all of us, and I think that we should refer to the films as we know them to be- for instance, I still refer to A New Hope as "Star Wars '77"- because that's what it is to me.
And I refer to Episode VI as "Revenge of the Jedi"- because I adore RedLetterMedia's joke that the Title was changed from Revenge to Return because George Lucas wanted to save $1,300 annually from the cost of printing that extra letter.
I think the titles may be helpful after all.
The retconned titles denote the trilogy that was tampered with.
After all, the original trilogy is not the same as the rejiggered trilogy that Lucas re-edited.

P.s. (major shout out to Harmy...those who know, know what I mean:naughty::D)

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
last week delivery was promised (double penti). what now?
Hi.. as I understand it Double Lent was due to be posted last week so delivery is going to be a little while yet dependant on the carrier. I dont think conclusive confirmation has come out yet that the doubles have shipped (tracking no's etc). Our friendly host was waiting on shipping details last I heard. I would expect there to be steady waves of updates shortly Zoltan.

• Thanks
Reactions: Killi Zoltan
@Killi Zoltan Shipping and delivery are two different things. And as for the shipping, that can always be delayed due to various reasons. Especially when you order international editions and from overseas nonetheless in most cases. If you can't handle a few weeks/months (additional) waiting time, then you have to stop ordering these editions as harsh as it might sound. Part of the purchase is (sadly) exactly that waiting game and @cooey can't do more than tell us what he is told by Blufans who are after all doing the delayed shipping stuff. Patience. :thumbs:

poor old cooey gives us what info he has and it is a guide, basically its down to blufans to ship!
and kev caught a nice dose out there and is still not back answering stuff i suspect still due to flu he got so whats the olds the rest out there have all got lurgy i know when i open mine it all be getting a clean down before i go near it :D

oTp7kvV.jpg

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: huggy2k4 and cooey
I was there in 1977. A movie called Star Wars opened.
(As a kid in 1977 it was kinda hard to escape)
What happened behind the scenes is of no consequence.
(And Lucas has reinvented and changed his story about his intentions back in 1977 about a dozen times). And as long as he was retoconning - why not go back to Revenge of The Jedi? (That was the original title, after all).
Close Encounters was not retconned into Watch The Skies years later, even though it was the original title. (Nor is E.T. Retconned as Close Encounters 2: E.T. - even though it started out as a sequel)
Btw- people who say they have seen "Episode 4- A New Hope" are usually people only familiar with the Special Editions. People who say they saw "Star Wars" usually means people saw the 1977 original.
I always make the point of asking "did you see Star Wars? Or did you see A New Hope?"
I was one of those kids in '77 and it will always be Star Wars to me. Also remember all the magazines (Starlog, Cinefantastique, Starburst etc) going on about the next big movie Revenge Of The Jedi.

Reactions: C.C. 95