Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: December 18, 2017 November 11, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (not live yet)
Price: £14.99 (TBC)

Ronin.jpg

Ronin1.jpg Ronin2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's mistake with the artwork, Amazon US has this listed directly from them for preorder. So it's safe to say there will be a region A or region free version hitting our shores. U.K. version may very well still be locked to B, though.
I know it's a UK and USA release so will be more likely be region free

I edited the post straight after I posted you replied to quick :p:rofl:

I also created both the USA and UK arrow threads I had forgotten I created the USA one :LOL::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wouldn't be a proper web forum if someone wasn't ready to jump on your post the second you make the tiniest mistake. This makes us sworn enemies now, doesn't it? :punch:

:LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wouldn't be a proper web forum if someone wasn't ready to jump on your post the second you make the tiniest mistake. This makes us sworn enemies now, doesn't it? :punch:

:LOL:
Once had someone correct me when I said something was £16 instead of £15.99, I was a penny out and yes me and the other member are sworn enemies forever:naughty::LOL:, if he's still around....

Regarding the steel, I don't suppose Arrow having already got the amaray could announce a steel with the same artwork later down the line.

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Is this official "Utter **** artwork for steelbook" week and we were not informed..... Jesus they are bad. With this and War Games Zavvi are doing their best to avoid selling anything|!

Don't think this art is too bad. Not great, but not dreadful. Certainly better than a lot of the other recently announced ones. It doesn't really fit the tone of the film though- too modern and Photoshoppy. That, combined with Arrow's release makes this a certain big price drop. I'll think about getting it then.

Considering there isn't one decent poster out there to act as cover art for the steelbook (imo) I think they've chosen this original art well :thumbs: and consider it very nicely and cleverly designed and one of the most satisfactory in this wave.

Reminder this Zavvi steelbook will have the inferior older MGM Blu-ray

If you want better picture/sound and lot better extras get the Arrow Video release
Arrow Video Amaray release
Release Dates
UK August 14 2017
USA August 15th 2017

71Rv0AE-5wL._SX342_.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Robert Fraisse
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original English 5.1 audio (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by director John Frankenheimer
• Brand new video interview with director of photography Robert Fraisse
• Paul Joyce documentary on Robert De Niro
• Ronin: Filming in the Fast Lane, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette
• Through the Lens, an archival interview with Robert Fraisse
• The Driving of Ronin, an archival featurette on the film’s legendary car stunts
• Natascha McElhone: An Actor’s Process, an archival interview with the actress
• Composing the Ronin Score, an archival interview with composer Elia Cmiral
• In the Ronin Cutting Room, an archival interview with editor Tony Gibbs
• Venice Film Festival interviews with Robert De Niro, Jean Reno and Natascha McElhone
• Alternate ending
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacob Phillips

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet illustrated by Chris Malbon, featuring new writing on the film by critic Travis Crawford

UK Thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/ronin-blu-ray-dvd-arrow-video-uk.85949/

USA Thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/ronin-blu-ray-dvd-arrow-video-usa.85950/

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey