Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: December 18, 2017 November 11, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (not live yet)
Price: £14.99 (TBC)

Ronin.jpg

Ronin1.jpg Ronin2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's unlikely that it's been pressed and if enough of us get Arrrow to rethink there is still a chance. Arrow do listen to their fanbase unlike other companies. So lets all give it a go. All Arrow has to do is say the fans aren't happy, could we please have better artwork?

I'm not sure how long the whole process takes (it probably varies), but I wouldn't be surprised if the artwork has already been submitted to Scanavo and is on their schedule to be made in time for release... I'd love to be proven wrong though and see a change in artwork, but dreams very rarely come true lol.

Do you design as a job? All the mock ups i've seen from you are spot on.

Reactions: Noodles
Well it's unlikely that it's been pressed and if enough of us get Arrrow to rethink there is still a chance. Arrow do listen to their fanbase unlike other companies. So lets all give it a go. All Arrow has to do is say the fans aren't happy, could we please have better artwork?
This steelbook has nothing to do with arrow video

The steelbook is the MGM Blu-ray not the arrow video release

Arrow Video release is totally different release as in their own remastered in 4K scan release with new extras

This steelbook from fox has the previous MGM Blu-ray

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Do you design as a job? All the mock ups i've seen from you are spot on.
Thanks! Very kind of you to say. :happy:

I'm no "pro", but I do a bit of freelance design stuff... mostly just small odd jobs like photo editing, or personal projects I do for fun (and sometimes sell on art sites). It needs updating, but you can check out my poor attempt at a portfolio if you're interested... http://cargocollective.com/nickkemp :)

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Hmm yeah, shame it's not an Arrow release mate... but if it were, then they probably would've given us amazing art in the first place. ;)

Reactions: purplebook
Courtesy illustrator/artist Jacob Phillips . . .both look pretty good to me and both would make for decent steelbook front art (preferably without the large print actor's name) . . . particularly the first one (the one that Arrow commissioned for their reversible artwork behind the big head blue Robert de Niro original poster artwork) and which they've also used for their U.S. release's slipcover:-
90f13614_81DzzFnzYbL._SX342_.jpeg

7c2eba54549049.595fb7d138706.jpg

Reactions: robbodoc
I can't see this selling well unless it's a shared print run in Europe and Zavvi get allocated small quantity for the UK

If it's only been released with Zavvi and not in other countries this will end up with massive price drop

I'm surprised Fox changed their minds about doing a steelbook release

I will be passing on this steelbook as I have the better Arrow Video Blu-ray release