Rush (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #11) [Korea]

Which inner artwork do you want and which treatment on steelbook

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: July 5th, 2014 (see post #1712)
Price: 36.99$
SteelBook Treatment: Embossing and full glossy - designed by Plain Archive
Package detail
- Lenticular slip edition (2.5K, 1K for local, 1.5K for oversea)
- Full slip edition (1K, 0.3K for local, 0.7K for oversea)
- 1/4 slip edition (non-exclusive)-500 per Facebook
Common gifts in each edition:
- Booklet
- Poster card
- Art card
- Numbering card

Buy links:
Lenticular Package OOS
Full Slip Package OOS

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Lenticular Package

Rush Lenticular Package.gif

1400160589451418.jpg

Full Slip Package

Rush Full Slip Package.gif

Announced artwork:
rush-kr.jpg

245BF74B521AE30701AA79

SteelBook Treatment poll:

1) Embossing and full glossy WINNER
2) Embossing and spot glossy on title and car

3) No embossing and full glossy

4) No embossing and spot glossy on title and car

HDN chose inner artwork:
?????_??_3?.jpg
?????_??_5?.jpg
WINNER
?????_??_6?.jpg

Attachments

• Rush-KR.gif
    Rush-KR.gif
    147.8 KB · Views: 700
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 608
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to sell my Rush, I buy it for the design and it will take more than their usual to beat the UK release. Same price and you could probably pick up the UK one, but probably won't get the asian-metal inspired hardon over it.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

I am very happy with my UK steel. This could also make me happy. Wait and see.

Kimchi has always been responsive to our input, thanks to Chungkwon. I remember the red info boxes on the back of T2. Gone for GOOD.

Lmao. :hilarious:

Rush UK was only beat out by Captain Phillips as most boring design of 2014 :p

Very cute banter. The UK steel is all about the finish baby. Rush fans should understand that much!

Reactions: Bunk
Ooooohhhh man, I love my UK steelie but come on, they could announce these things sooner.... Now this is another Kimchi pass for me :(

I might be crazy but taking this long to announce some titles might cost them some customers? Or maybe not since Kimchi Exclusives are so in demand... Bugger!!!

Reactions: blade803
I wasn't impressed with the UK steelbook (and as it was region B...) and didn't expect it to sell out. I do like the lenticular Italian, but KimchiDVD create good steelbooks so I'll be watching this, along with the Iron Man release.

The UK steel is all about the finish baby. Rush fans should understand that much!

I want to print this comment and frame it. A pun on the film blended with steelbook humour: winning combo :D.

I love the UK steel, I love the film, but I won't get that Kimchi release as it was announced too late.

Kimchi should be actively working on their pending steels instead of continuing to announce new ones (and they want to do Avatar too?!), unless they plan on hiring 1,000 new workers. I'm all for Kimchi releases, but I don't like that they're piling them up given that they're prone to taking their sweet, sweet time (---> delays) — even if I exclude Léon and Thor 2, I'm talking about Infernal Affairs, Iron Man, and especially Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain and The Pianist. I'm starting to be completely underwhelmed by the way Asian companies work.

So we have to pick the lenticular card of Amélie now? They should've said that in December, that's going to postpone the release for another 3 months. My idea to please everyone : include two lenti cards in the steelbook and the third one is placed on the cover, 500+500+500, we get to pick which one we want as a cover when placing the order (useful for the fools who don't open them and thus can't switch the lenti cards).

And Kimchi announced gloss for The Pianist in December, too bad to find out just now that it won't happen (if Zavvi were to do that with the upcoming Disney steelbooks announced as glossy, they would get ripped apart). Kimchi should tell Scanavo that refusing to do gloss on The Pianist is antisemitic, and arguing that it's because its back is black is racist :D (or at least it's a laughable excuse, since there are so many black steelbooks with high gloss without scratches, it's all about the care they take to put them in the slip / bubblewrap / box, and it doesn't even look like The Pianist will have a slip.

There, Kimchi, you've got your work cut out for you, now hire 1,000 employees, hire me as a private consultant, and get started :D.

The people WITH the originals are maybe getting a bit worked over their precious steels and they dont want late comers having a GRAILS?
:hi - wait for it- larious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having lots of the same steels sometimes affects the value. People like there rare and expensive steels. Me personally im not bothered by how much they are worth,but it is annoying they chose this when the uk is already very nice. Same with iron man. Why couldn't they release something we haven't seen yet like 12 years a slave or dallas buyers club?

So we have to pick the lenticular card of Amélie now? They should've said that in December, that's going to postpone the release for another 3 months. My idea to please everyone : include two lenti cards in the steelbook and the third one is placed on the cover, 500+500+500, we get to pick which one we want as a cover when placing the order (useful for the fools who don't open them and thus can't switch the lenti cards).

Well this fool would buy all three and be 3 times as happy keeping them all sealed! :p

Patience is a virtue and more so with Asian Steelbook collecting ;)

Whatever people think It's also about clever marketing, asking you what you want giving you little bits of info building up the anticipation so when it's released you have to have it.
Kimchi know what they're doing believe me.
Look how fast Thor 2 sold out. I'm not knocking them I have T2 & I preordered Leon & they do release good quality packaging.
They know that Ironman is a big title for Steelbook collectors as is Thor they will also have noticed how fast Rush sold out in the Uk & how it split opinion so if their design for Rush is really good add some art cards, nice slipcover it's a guaranteed sell out.

I want to print this comment and frame it. A pun on the film blended with steelbook humour: winning combo :D.

I love the UK steel, I love the film, but I won't get that Kimchi release as it was announced too late.

Kimchi should be actively working on their pending steels instead of continuing to announce new ones (and they want to do Avatar too?!), unless they plan on hiring 1,000 new workers. I'm all for Kimchi releases, but I don't like that they're piling them up given that they're prone to taking their sweet, sweet time (---> delays) — even if I exclude Léon and Thor 2, I'm talking about Infernal Affairs, Iron Man, and especially Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain and The Pianist. I'm starting to be completely underwhelmed by the way Asian companies work.

And Kimchi announced gloss for The Pianist in December, too bad to find out just now that it won't happen (if Zavvi were to do that with the upcoming Disney steelbooks announced as glossy, they would get ripped apart). Kimchi should tell Scanavo that refusing to do gloss on The Pianist is antisemitic, and arguing that it's because its back is black is racist :D (or at least it's a laughable excuse, since there are so many black steelbooks with high gloss without scratches, it's all about the care they take to put them in the slip / bubblewrap / box, and it doesn't even look like The Pianist will have a slip.

There, Kimchi, you've got your work cut out for you, now hire 1,000 employees, hire me as a private consultant, and get started :D.

They're probably waiting on artwork approvals for the pending steelbooks. Iron Man was just announced and I don't see any news about it being delayed, so I'm not sure why you mentioned that.

You have to pick the lenticular card for Amélie? How about you get to have input on the lenticular card? Not a lot of companies ask for our input before they prepare a blu-ray release.

Kimchi is a smaller company. Yes it will take time to finalize releases, but at least Kimchi gives us the heads-up about what projects are in the works. And they ask for and actually value our opinion.

It's too bad that you're automatically planning not to buy this just because it was announced late. Plain Archive is a really great company that has come up with some nice designs for other movies. I think that this should turn out to be a pretty unique release. And I'm just fine with waiting, if it means we get a super special edition of a great movie.