Rush (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #11) [Korea]

Which inner artwork do you want and which treatment on steelbook

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: July 5th, 2014 (see post #1712)
Price: 36.99$
SteelBook Treatment: Embossing and full glossy - designed by Plain Archive
Package detail
- Lenticular slip edition (2.5K, 1K for local, 1.5K for oversea)
- Full slip edition (1K, 0.3K for local, 0.7K for oversea)
- 1/4 slip edition (non-exclusive)-500 per Facebook
Common gifts in each edition:
- Booklet
- Poster card
- Art card
- Numbering card

Buy links:
Lenticular Package OOS
Full Slip Package OOS

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Lenticular Package

Rush Lenticular Package.gif

1400160589451418.jpg

Full Slip Package

Rush Full Slip Package.gif

Announced artwork:
rush-kr.jpg

245BF74B521AE30701AA79

SteelBook Treatment poll:

1) Embossing and full glossy WINNER
2) Embossing and spot glossy on title and car

3) No embossing and full glossy

4) No embossing and spot glossy on title and car

HDN chose inner artwork:
?????_??_3?.jpg
?????_??_5?.jpg
WINNER
?????_??_6?.jpg

Attachments

• Rush-KR.gif
    Rush-KR.gif
    147.8 KB · Views: 709
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 611
Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really an exclusive or will someone else get this minus the goodies?

On Facebook, the Plain Archive announcement for this mentions KimchiDVD and Yes24. Yes24 looks like another store. Here's the original Facebook post from Plain (in Korean):

타이틀 : <러시 더 라이벌> 블루레이 스틸북 한정판
클라이언트 : KD Media / 노바미디어
블루레이 콘텐츠 기획/오소링/패키지디자인 : PLAIN

론 하워드 감독의 <러시 더 라이벌>(원제 RUSH, 2013)이 KD미디어를 통해 블루레이로 정식발매됩니다. KimchiDVD와 YES24의 제작지원으로 스틸북 한정판 출시 예정이며 PLAIN이 기획과 오소링, 패키지 디자인을 의뢰받았습니다.

본편 및 부가영상 스펙은 현재 조율중입니다만 확정된 사항으로는 윤재수 SBS ESPN F1 해설위원과 허남웅 영화평론가의 한국판 블루레이 독점 음성해설이 수록될 예정입니다. 향후 정보가 업데이트되는대로 다시 알려드리겠습니다.

Reactions: lgans316
Yes24 is Korean Zavvi or Amazon. Yes24 will be domestic sales, Kimchidvd is international sales about it. And included Korean local commentary.

On Facebook, the Plain Archive announcement for this mentions KimchiDVD and Yes24. Yes24 looks like another store. Here's the original Facebook post from Plain (in Korean):

타이틀 : <러시 더 라이벌> 블루레이 스틸북 한정판
클라이언트 : KD Media / 노바미디어
블루레이 콘텐츠 기획/오소링/패키지디자인 : PLAIN

론 하워드 감독의 <러시 더 라이벌>(원제 RUSH, 2013)이 KD미디어를 통해 블루레이로 정식발매됩니다. KimchiDVD와 YES24의 제작지원으로 스틸북 한정판 출시 예정이며 PLAIN이 기획과 오소링, 패키지 디자인을 의뢰받았습니다.

본편 및 부가영상 스펙은 현재 조율중입니다만 확정된 사항으로는 윤재수 SBS ESPN F1 해설위원과 허남웅 영화평론가의 한국판 블루레이 독점 음성해설이 수록될 예정입니다. 향후 정보가 업데이트되는대로 다시 알려드리겠습니다.

Reactions: rj531 and Thelite13
3 new photos have been added to Plain Archives facebook page in the last 15 mins showing the guys watching Rush i guess

gyme8y3e.jpg

je9yje3u.jpg

zubyga3u.jpg

This is what accompanied the pictures.

<러시 : 더 라이벌> 블루레이 수록 로컬 코멘터리 녹음현장

클라이언트 : KD미디어 / KimchiDVD
블루레이 컨텐츠 기획 / 오소링 / 패키지 디자인 : PLAIN
<러시 :="" 더="" 라이벌="">Blu-ray and more local commentary, on-the-spot recording client: KD media/KimchiDVD Blu-ray content planning/authoring/package design: PLAIN</러시> (Translated by Bing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3 new photos have been added to Plain Archives facebook page in the last 15 mins showing the guys watching Rush i guess

gyme8y3e.jpg

je9yje3u.jpg

zubyga3u.jpg

This is what accompanied the pictures.

<러시 : 더 라이벌> 블루레이 수록 로컬 코멘터리 녹음현장

클라이언트 : KD미디어 / KimchiDVD
블루레이 컨텐츠 기획 / 오소링 / 패키지 디자인 : PLAIN
<러시 :="" 더="" 라이벌="">Blu-ray and more local commentary, on-the-spot recording client: KD media/KimchiDVD Blu-ray content planning/authoring/package design: PLAIN</러시> (Translated by Bing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of Them is very famous F1 driver in Korea.

All three people recorded commentary of Rush

sent from Galaxy S4

If Plain Archive are involved this is going to destroy the UK one I paid £40 for :(

Welcome to the steelbook game....

To me resell value doesn't matter to me much, for me it's collecting the steels you want.

Resell value is secondary, while the artwork or the esthetics of a release are primary to me.

If you're in the steelbook collecting to make money, you should find another hobby ;-)

To me resell value doesn't matter to me much, for me it's collecting the steels you want.

Resell value is secondary, while the artwork or the esthetics of a release are primary to me.

If you're in the steelbook collecting to make money, you should find another hobby ;-)

I don't think he was planning on reselling it, more like he's mad that he paid £40 for the UK one when this one will blow it away and it'll be cheaper.

Can't ****in' wait for this one! <3 Plain Archive.

How did you reach that conclusion from the post you quoted? He will be upset if this trumps the UK release because the value of the UK edition will almost certainly drop and the Steelbook he paid £40 to acquire will probably be available for a fraction of that price. It has absolutely nothing to do with collecting to make money.

Reactions: jimmyv and tommyh84
Continue Reading ....

I don't think he was planning on reselling it, more like he's mad that he paid £40 for the UK one when this one will blow it away and it'll be cheaper.

Can't ****in' wait for this one! <3 Plain Archive.

Agreed, didn't mean it that way, but what I meant to say is, you always make a choice how much to spend on a steelbook. Through retail or ebay or forums. At that point you were happy with your purchase for that amount, so just stay happy...

Of course, it stings a bit knowing Plain Archive is gonna strike another home run with this release, but should that change the way you look at your earlier purchase of Rush for 40 quid?

No, I don't think so. It stings, but you made a choice for a certain price ;-)

So enjoy it.

How did
you reach that conclusion from the post you quoted? He will be upset if this trumps the UK release because the value of the UK edition will almost certainly drop and the Steelbook he paid £40 to acquire will probably be available for a fraction of that price. It has absolutely nothing to do with collecting to make money.

True, read comment above ;-)

Reactions: Bluprint
I think no matter this will look like, the UK one will still be something different and thus of enough value for a collector. I own the UK Edition and will additionally purchase the Italian and Korean one. I am a fan of the film and can't have enough different good looking steelbooks of it. I think it would be more dissappointing, if an exact copy of the UK one would be released somewhere else.

Best wishes,

Michael

Reactions: harry

Steelbook collecting is worldwide bud. And here in the USA, finding another hobby is not necessary.