Saint Maud (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 3, 2020
Release date: February 1, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

12709576-1674812169229115.jpg

12709576-1984812169282713.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@wouter Same here in Finland. And it's pretty tricky. Let's say I order 3 steels same day and they ship same time and arrive to customs on 3 differed days. One costs under 22€ (no customs fee) 2 others over. I have no way of knowing what parcel is caught by customs ! They only inform their own code not Zavvis. Has already happend ! Excellent !

• Thanks
Reactions: wouter
@wouter Paul Boland posted this in another thread yesterday......

Zavvi is based in Guernsey (Not part of EU or UK)
Zavvi does not include vat in purchase unless you are based in UK and only reason UK customers have vat included is because Guernsey is a British crown dependencie.

Since January 1st 2021 in regards to Zavvi and delivery address is based in EU.
Customers based in EU countries will have customs look vat be paid and you will also have the postal carrier handling fee for collection of the vat payment.

Previously some postal carriers and customs in some EU countries assumed was a item shipped from UK
Lot got lucky avoiding custums looking for vat be paid but not anymore.

As UK no longer in customs union customs in EU won't be making that assumption anymore vat was already paid.

Best place to order will be Amazon UK as they will include vat at checkout (import fee deposit)

Ordeing from Zavvi if price is over €22 will mean you need to add vat and handling fee making it very expensive to order from Zavvi.
From July 1st 2021 vat will be required to be paid no matter the price of goods.

Zavvi will have to add vat at checkout from July 1st 2021
The issue with zavvi is they don't remove UK 20% vat from price if you are based outside UK.
Their excuse is that covers insurance costs.
So you will be paying lot more than previously.

@wouter Paul Boland posted this in another thread yesterday......

Zavvi is based in Guernsey (Not part of EU or UK)
Zavvi does not include vat in purchase unless you are based in UK and only reason UK customers have vat included is because Guernsey is a British crown dependencie.

Since January 1st 2021 in regards to Zavvi and delivery address is based in EU.
Customers based in EU countries will have customs look vat be paid and you will also have the postal carrier handling fee for collection of the vat payment.

Previously some postal carriers and customs in some EU countries assumed was a item shipped from UK
Lot got lucky avoiding custums looking for vat be paid but not anymore.

As UK no longer in customs union customs in EU won't be making that assumption anymore vat was already paid.

Best place to order will be Amazon UK as they will include vat at checkout (import fee deposit)

Ordeing from Zavvi if price is over €22 will mean you need to add vat and handling fee making it very expensive to order from Zavvi.
From July 1st 2021 vat will be required to be paid no matter the price of goods.

Zavvi will have to add vat at checkout from July 1st 2021
The issue with zavvi is they don't remove UK 20% vat from price if you are based outside UK.
Their excuse is that covers insurance costs.
So you will be paying lot more than previously.

Here in Finland we won't have to pay handling fee if we do customs declaring ourselves. Like I did today for Amazon US order. Easy Peasy.

I watched it last night. Nice slow burner even though it’s quite short.

Honestly the angel wings made me laugh and I kinda thought that final part on the beach went a tad silly (Because the CGI looked dodge) but then bam and that split second of reality at the end just shocked me. Brilliant

Reactions: Hereticz

Honestly the angel wings made me laugh and I kinda thought that final part on the beach went a tad silly (Because the CGI looked dodge) but then bam and that split second of reality at the end just shocked me. Brilliant
luckily it didnt make me laugh, but It was kinda weird, but as you said, that final split second wow, great!...but also the demon part was great and bit scary, but pity she killed him/her so easily...that fight could have been longer.....all in all, great refreshing flick

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
luckily it didnt make me laugh, but It was kinda weird, but as you said, that final split second wow, great!...but also the demon part was great and bit scary, but pity she killed him/her so easily...that fight could have been longer.....all in all, great refreshing flick

Yeah it was as if the CGI was bad purposely because you as the viewer thinks she’s actually speaking to god and that she’s doing the right thing when really she’s already killed someone and she’s no angel... she’s no saint!

well yeah I suppose but I think the shock of killing her so quickly is part of the reveal of what’s happening, that she has a mental illness, it’s all in her head and she uses religion to mask that. She never really spoke to god or the devil, the sick lady was no devil either and that she can’t levitate etc

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yeah it was as if the CGI was bad purposely because you as the viewer thinks she’s actually speaking to god and that she’s doing the right thing when really she’s already killed someone and she’s no angel... she’s no saint!

well yeah I suppose but I think the shock of killing her so quickly is part of the reveal of what’s happening, that she has a mental illness, it’s all in her head and she uses religion to mask that. She never really spoke to god or the devil, the sick lady was no devil either and that she can’t levitate etc
Yeah, from the "reason" point of view it´s probably like that....but for the sake of viewer excitement it could have been bit longer, but hey, on the other hand, we cant expect another The Exorcist :D......but yeah, the way of your explanation makes total sense.....

(but still don´t think the CGI was bad on purpose, I think it was because of budget :LOL: )

Yeah, from the "reason" point of view it´s probably like that....but for the sake of viewer excitement it could have been bit longer, but hey, on the other hand, we cant expect another The Exorcist :D......but yeah, the way of your explanation makes total sense.....

(but still don´t think the CGI was bad on purpose, I think it was because of budget :LOL: )

maybe bad was the wrong word but it’s all bright and kind of over joyous rays of sun. It looked a bit cheesy but the second you see that split second of reality it made sense. But yeah budget may of been an issue but I still think it was a choice to make it look like that. Because the rest of the film is shot very well and the other CGI like levitation and the face/ mouth getting bigger looked decent. that dark flash of reality looked really well done. So possibly a design choice with the cheesy biblical rays on the beach. It’s like seeing her tainted view through her eyes and the world she sees and believes in around her where she thinks she’s Basically a saint

Reactions: Hereticz

maybe bad was the wrong word but it’s all bright and kind of over joyous rays of sun. It looked a bit cheesy but the second you see that split second of reality it made sense. But yeah budget may of been an issue but I still think it was a choice to make it look like that. Because the rest of the film is shot very well and the other CGI like levitation and the face/ mouth getting bigger looked decent. that dark flash of reality looked really well done. So possibly a design choice with the cheesy biblical rays on the beach. It’s like seeing her tainted view through her eyes and the world she sees and believes in around her where she thinks she’s Basically a saint
i havent seen it, but it sounds interesting
this a new thing now?
I haven't seen it either, just wanted to join in this spoiler game :joy::D

I expected more to be honest. The whole thing felt drawn out to me. Some nice photography and nice acting, but no substance. The demon thing really took me by surprise and was well done but some scenes felt pointless in such a short film. I wouldn’t recommend this. My last blind buy.

Yeah, it's an enjoyable character study with great performances. Nice and atmospheric too.

Not sure it will be everyone's cup of tea though...

Yeah man fully agree. Was right up my street. Defo won’t be everyone’s cup of tea though like you said. Similar to the witch, lighthouse, hereditary, midsommar, under the skin etc where it will have certain fans whilst others would find them boring. Films I always love haha

I expected more to be honest. The whole thing felt drawn out to me. Some nice photography and nice acting, but no substance. The demon thing really took me by surprise and was well done but some scenes felt pointless in such a short film. I wouldn’t recommend this. My last blind buy.
Ever since I saw The Exorcist as a kid I cannot watch movies with demons in them. I would have to "watch" this one with a blindfold.

• Haha
Enjoyed it first time at the pictures. Good film. But could tell it needed a real watch. Watched it again last week and it definitely matured. Enjoyed it more, seemed to move more quickly. Think it’s a real grower.

Yeah man fully agree. Was right up my street. Defo won’t be everyone’s cup of tea though like you said. Similar to the witch, lighthouse, hereditary, midsommar, under the skin etc where it will have certain fans whilst others would find them boring. Films I always love haha
I literally only like 2 of those films you mentioned and really disliked the others, so I guess this will be hit or miss for me then.

Hmm, OK; what do all these films have in common besides being "modern sophisticated horror films"? They have cool steelbooks that I own so: BOUGHT :whistle:.
Price came down to £20.23 using "reddit" so totally justifiable!!!