San Diego Comic-Con 2013 Event

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
According to Vin Diesel via his Facebook page, this Riddick poster will be an exclusive during the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con:

994286_10151752366813313_146986237_n.jpg

So, looks like I'm gonna need some help from someone who's going to the SDCC. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Aliens,’ ‘Predator’ get Mondo poster treatment for Comic-Con

L.A. Times

Two of the most fearsome extraterrestrials in modern sci-fi — the insect-like xenomorphs of the “Alien” films and the namesake hunters of the “Predator” series — get their close-ups in a pair of new posters by Mondo, the collectible-art division of the Alamo Drafthouse.

The gallery above offers an exclusive peek at the posters, and a variant for each, all of which will be released at Comic-Con on Thursday.

Australian artist Ken Taylor created the poster for “Aliens” (the second installment in the “Alien” franchise), which James Cameron directed in 1986. Taylor’s poster depicts a blood-red alien queen gnashing its teeth while flanked by two more aliens in the familiar black coloration. The variant print is a monochrome version washed in a sober gray-green.

Taylor told Hero Complex, “Design-wise, the queen is such an awesome-looking creature, I knew that’s what the poster had to center around. It was a real challenge to draw the pose, but I think it’s literally the most fun I’ve had, and most time spent, drawing any movie poster, ever.”

Illustrator and designer Ash Thorp created the poster for “Predator,” the 1987 film that introduced the trophy-hunting, dreadlocked beast to the world as it stalked Arnold Schwarzenegger and his team of commandos in a Central American jungle. Taylor’s poster portrays the Predator with its sleek helmet removed, revealing the creature’s jutting mandibles as it howls in the rain against a stark red backdrop. The variant is tinged a cool greenish-blue.

Thorp said the movie, directed by John McTiernan, was one of his favorite monster flicks growing up. “I remember being scared senseless while watching ‘Predator’ for the first time, and once it pulled off its mask, I lost it,” he said. “Such a great movie moment and iconic monster design. I knew I had to capitalize on and pay homage to that iconic form that really freaked me out as a kid.”

The “Aliens” and “Predator” posters will be available at the Mondo booth, No. 936, at Comic-Con. Taylor’s poster is to go on sale at 9 a.m., and Thorp’s poster, which he will be on hand to sign, is set to drop at 5 p.m. The regular posters are $50; variants are $75.

aliens-taylor-regular.jpg

aliens-taylor-variant.jpg

predator-thorp-regular.jpg

predator-thorp-variant.jpg

:movie:​

Attachments

• aliens-taylor-regular.jpg
    aliens-taylor-regular.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 76
  • aliens-taylor-variant.jpg
    aliens-taylor-variant.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 77
  • predator-thorp-regular.jpg
    predator-thorp-regular.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 74
  • predator-thorp-variant.jpg
    predator-thorp-variant.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Mondo.jpg
    Mondo.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 113
Those are SICK! Wow, Mondo's gonna be one busy booth with all these new additions. The Godzilla and Pacific Rim prints alone were enough to draw traffic. That Predator print is absolutely incredible! EEK!

Mondo SDCC 2013: The Terminator - Killian Eng

1374141804000-terminator-eng-1307180605_3_4.jpg

Killian Eng's poster for The Terminator will be available at the Mondo Booth (#936) at 9am this Friday at the San Diego Comic-Con. There will be only 325 copies available and it will be sold for a reasonable $50.

Last edited:
Reactions: roseart
Mondo SDCC 2013: Prometheus by JC Richard

"Going on sale at Mondo’s booth (#936) at Comic-Con around 2pm on Saturday, the poster features a scene from the beginning of the film when the Engineer was dropped off on Earth."

Edition Size: 350, Price: $45

Click pic for hi-res.
prometheus_jc_richard_mondo_poster.jpg

EDIT: Realized just now this is/was my 4000th post on the site!!!!! :D

pics not working for me. :(

I posted the thread and its not working for me either... tried replacing the image and everything.... ill try another image from the net after this post...

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

pics not working for me. :(

alright, changed it... working now ? Its working for me now.

I posted the thread and its not working for me either... tried replacing the image and everything.... ill try another image from the net after this post...

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

alright, changed it... working now ? Its working for me now.

Pic in the OP works now thanks!

Cool print.

Reactions: Jason Bourne