Saving Private Ryan (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Saving Private Ryan: Paramount Centenary Edition (Play.com Exclusive Steelbook) (Blu-ray)
Release Date: August 13th, 2012
Play.com

Wreck's original thread here

Art:
Saving_play.jpg

Other arts:

Actual Pictures

View attachment 13860

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the pics Sunny, steelbook looks great & inside art looks cool.

I see this is only 1 disc so will be converting mine to 2 disc.

Thanks for the pictures sunnyx! I had the German version a couple of years ago but sold it, tempted if I should order this one.

I'm a little bit disappointed that there's no embossing on this. Still a great looking Steelbook though, lightyears ahead of the German one.

The J Card shows no mention of any special features so is this just a vanilla edition? I know Spielberg films are normally light on the extras front but would be a shame, also how come yours came so quick Sunny? Mine only despatched yesterday

Does it have the corrected audio on this version, I remember my uk amaray edition had a recall as it was out of sync.

The J Card shows no mention of any special features so is this just a vanilla edition? I know Spielberg films are normally light on the extras front but would be a shame, also how come yours came so quick Sunny? Mine only despatched yesterday

To tell you the truth I really dont have any clue, I just took some pics :hilarious:

Mine was special delivery :) so it dispatched and arrived quicker.

Reactions: STEELBOOKJUNKIE
Looks very nice, thanks for the pics mate! Such a shame about the loss of the bonus disc though

To my embarrassment I still can't tell from the pics if the 'buckle/clip' is painted on or real - it looks real in the pics I've seen?...,

To tell you the truth I really dont have any clue, I just took some pics :hilarious:

Mine was special delivery :) so it dispatched and arrived quicker.

No worries, thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see mine now, may double dip for the two disk and convert the inside of the steel? Anyone know if you can buy the disk holder inside the steel on their own? And if so where?

To my embarrassment I still can't tell from the pics if the 'buckle/clip' is painted on or real - it looks real in the pics I've seen?...,

It's painted. If you look at the pics the shrinkwrap is tight against the steel and when it's in the stand it also looks very flat.

Reactions: Antman
great picture's sunny, love them steelbook stands. Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow (hopefully). This is a another great looking steelbook again from play.com shame no embossing/debossing i was hopeing for some Iron man quality embossing/debossing or or some debossed dents/ding's for an authentic look.