Scarface - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 6, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 29, at 9 AM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 500

Scarface.jpg

Maybe so but not a same steelbook I had to check to be sure in fact there was no other 4K steel zavvi released prior just blu ray. So im happy with that.
No, but that's usually the entire point of releasing a steelbook, that it's a new variant, to get people to buy it.

How is this still in stock, still only 500 limited?
Are they lying?

Also will take this opportunity to ask about other orders from Zavvi.
They are being extremely slow, i appreciate they probably had a lot of orders over Black Friday but i'm talking about ones before
that i ordered the week before, one of the orders did dispatch on Sunday 19th via Evri, and its tracked at Evri depot Wednesday 22nd but hasn't moved since...
so i'm now getting double whammy of problems with Zavvi and Evri, and it's been all RM from Zavvi for me recently until this order.
Any news with Evri struggling to cope with run up to christmas post or is it likely lost/stolen?
Will need to ask for replacements pretty sharpish before it goes out of stock, will give it a few more days to see if it moves.

Reactions: Bizl
Are they lying?

They are being extremely slow, i appreciate they probably had a lot of orders over Black Friday but i'm talking about ones before
that i ordered the week before, one of the orders did dispatch on Sunday 19th via Evri, and its tracked at Evri depot Wednesday 22nd but hasn't moved since...
so i'm now getting double whammy of problems with Zavvi and Evri, and it's been all RM from Zavvi for me recently until this order.
Any news with Evri struggling to cope with run up to christmas post or is it likely lost/stolen?
Will need to ask for replacements pretty sharpish before it goes out of stock, will give it a few more days to see if it moves.
I think that Zavvi has been struggling to send out orders timely since the changes that affected them earlier this year, which I posted about in another thread a few months ago:

And using Evri is not a good move given my experience of Evri (formerly known as Hermes) over the years! But then my experiences with Royal Mail in recent months has been pretty poor also, with items sent using their 24 or 48 hours service taking up to two weeks to arrive (mostly getting 'stuck' at Jubilee Mail Centre for much of that time)!

Are they lying?

Maybe it's more a case of steelbook collecting has reached a saturation point now where a lot of people don't see the value in spending a premium price on a film that's already had a steelbook release in the past (albeit on blu ray, not 4K)
Re-releasing films in 4K, giving them a new steelbook design (one that doesn't necessarily scream out 'must own') and charging £25 for it equates to a product a lot of people are happy to pass on when steelbooks are so commonplace nowadays...

I think that Zavvi has been struggling to send out orders timely since the changes that affected them earlier this year, which I posted about in another thread a few months ago:

And using Evri is not a good move given my experience of Evri (formerly known as Hermes) over the years! But then my experiences with Royal Mail in recent months has been pretty poor also, with items sent using their 24 or 48 hours service taking up to two weeks to arrive (mostly getting 'stuck' at Jubilee Mail Centre for much of that time)!
Yeh it still hasn't moved, other orders have arrived from Evri done after it.
It's lost or stolen will have to get replacements sent.

Maybe it's more a case of steelbook collecting has reached a saturation point now where a lot of people don't see the value in spending a premium price on a film that's already had a steelbook release in the past (albeit on blu ray, not 4K)
Re-releasing films in 4K, giving them a new steelbook design (one that doesn't necessarily scream out 'must own') and charging £25 for it equates to a product a lot of people are happy to pass on when steelbooks are so commonplace nowadays...
yeh that's why its only a low amount. but i thought it would still sell out, maybe should have been 300 :whistle: but then u question is it worth the bother for Zavvi or are they even allowed to order so little.

Reactions: Andycadle84
Yeh it still hasn't moved, other orders have arrived from Evri done after it.
It's lost or stolen will have to get replacements sent.
My worst experience with Evri (when still called Hermes) was an item that said it was going to be on the move in the next 24 hours. It remained at that status for 2 months before disappearing off of their tracking system altogether! I'd received a refund from the seller long before that, though, thank goodness!

Reactions: Roofr4sh