Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: November 5, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1569353316333.png

6374975_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed this film. A lot of people have complained that it's too kiddie, but at the end of the day, no matter how horrifying those books were to us when we were kids, they were still children's books. I thought del Toro and Øvredal did a great job at stitching together a lot of the classic tales that were not even connected originally. Plus, visually, it's the books brought to life. My only complaint would be that my favourite tale, The Big Toe, was far too brief.

This film made $94-million worldwide off of a $25-million budget, so I'm REALLY hoping for a sequel somewhere down the road.

I'm also hoping for a premium edition from somewhere with this SteelBook inside.

I know the director, need signatures?

You know André Øvredal? That's awesome! I love his work. Easily one of my favourite new directors from this past decade (I have such a ridiculous amount of Trollhunter stuff around my place). I'm excited that he's going back to his Norwegian routes for Mortal and I'm beyond excited for The Last Voyage of Demeter.

I really enjoyed this film. A lot of people have complained that it's too kiddie, but at the end of the day, no matter how horrifying those books were to us when we were kids, they were still children's books. I thought del Toro and Øvredal did a great job at stitching together a lot of the classic tales that were not even connected originally. Plus, visually, it's the books brought to life. My only complaint would be that my favourite tale, The Big Toe, was far too brief.

Nail on the head there in regard to people who have complained about it being too kid friendly. Even though I wasn't familiar with the books before, I had read up on them so knew what to expect. I still thought it was pretty scary for a kids movie, The Big Toe in particular had such a wicked scare in it.
Also hope that there's a sequel somewhere down the line, with the same creative team so as to not dilute it too much.

Reactions: tridon

This film made $94-million worldwide off of a $25-million budget, so I'm REALLY hoping for a sequel somewhere down the road.

I'm also hoping for a premium edition from somewhere with this SteelBook inside.

You know André Øvredal? That's awesome! I love his work. Easily one of my favourite new directors from this past decade (I have such a ridiculous amount of Trollhunter stuff around my place). I'm excited that he's going back to his Norwegian routes for Mortal and I'm beyond excited for The Last Voyage of Demeter.
Yep, we did shoot "Mortal" about 2 years ago... going to be awesome!

Reactions: tridon and milky
Lionsgate sometimes region locks, hard to say for certain until people get a copy in hand.

I won't know in advance enough to tell you either way, so if the steelbook is hard to find after release (which sometimes still happens), I won't be able to source a copy.