Price: TBA

71LVfylZLOL._SL1500_.jpg
71EKIYFYWdL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon Germany was live today at €13.99 :rofl: was a pricing mistake
They later disabled the listing

I will guess a lot of orders was done at that price

It's listed as not available for now

I got my 4K Steelbook here today in Germany (our official release was on October 21st), but I have heard other countries got a delay?

The big minus coming with this release is the fact, that it still does only feature the R-Rated version and not the Unrated Director´s Cut.

That is why I got the very rare Unrated DVD here in Germany, too.

Enjoy and that unboxing almost made me scream!
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

IMG_1041.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg
IMG_1043.jpg

Reactions: komor
I got my 4K Steelbook here today in Germany (our official release was on October 21st), but I have heard other countries got a delay?

The big minus coming with this release is the fact, that it still does only feature the R-Rated version and not the Unrated Director´s Cut.

icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

View attachment 519824View attachment 519825View attachment 519826

It is said uncut edition on J-CARD.

icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

View attachment 519824View attachment 519825View attachment 519826

I don't know if the movie is but that steelbook is definitely cut.

... and appears to be unavailable again.

It can, however, be aquired for a very reasonable price from Amazon IT. I wasn't interested at first, but having seen the nice use of spot gloss here and the decent price I grabbed a copy together some other orders so shipping cost didn't factor in.
The advantage of the french and italian releases is that there are no logos on the discs. The steel effect is better on the US ones imo. There you have a metallic effect on the grind of the blade, that is completely missing on the spot-gloss ones and makes the look of the knive unnatural flat. However it still looks decent and the US-version is without the Blu-Ray. When grabbed for a good price you can´t go wrong with it. There´s also a a slipcover-version from France that looks very good and differs from the US-Slip and comes without effect (some people like it, some people not).

Attachments

• 81nkQK+S0dL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81nkQK+S0dL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
The advantage of the french and italian releases is that there are no logos on the discs. The steel effect is better on the US ones imo. There you have a metallic effect on the grind of the blade, that is completely missing on the spot-gloss ones and makes the look of the knive unnatural flat. However it still looks decent and the US-version is without the Blu-Ray. When grabbed for a good price you can´t go wrong with it. There´s also a a slipcover-version from France that looks very good and differs from the US-Slip and comes without effect (some people like it, some people not).
Europe steelbook is matte finish with spot gloss on the knife

USA steelbook is full gloss

Europe steelbook is matte finish with spot gloss on the knife

USA steelbook is full gloss
Yes, the full glos one is very nice. The spot gloss one is not bad, but it also looks like the knive is sinking in, because they let the painting away and filled it with the spotgloss, but the opposite (that it comes up) would make more sense. It would have looked good if it was debossed, but so it just leaves the impression of a design flaw.

Yes, the full glos one is very nice. The spot gloss one is not bad, but it also looks like the knive is sinking in, because they let the painting away and filled it with the spotgloss, but the opposite (that it comes up) would make more sense. It would have looked good if it was debossed, but so it just leaves the impression of a design flaw.
Actually, pics that @tommyh84 posted of the UK edition show kind of a debossed effect of the spot-glossed knife. I thought that looked pretty good.

Actually, pics that @tommyh84 posted of the UK edition show kind of a debossed effect of the spot-glossed knife. I thought that looked pretty good.
As you can see in all unboxings - there´s a heavy use of light to bring it in scene and as I said before it looks quite good, but when you look at it under normal light conditions it looks too dark and kind of cheap and all in all it´s not a stunning steelbook. What you can see in the posted pictures very good is that thing with the vertical brushed surface of the steelbook, what brings the impression that the knive (which is the only part where you can see it) has this texture too. Nothing to worry might say somebody - but when you take a closer look you can recognize, that it is the wrong direction: The knive is vertical on the cover and so the texture has to be horizontal to make it look like a real knive, but no - it is brushed vertical as well and no knive looks like that. I have much steelbooks where the steel-effect and the bare metal are used in a good way and support the overall impression, but not on this one. However, mine came completely broken and I´m still upset of it, but that was the first thing I recognized (why am I the only one?) and thought: good idea, bad execution.

Last edited: