spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Finally got a dispatch email ! Although checking it shows that Hermes have yet to pick it up :(. Just happy to see some movement and hope everyone else waiting gets theirs swiftly

happy days. :) mine has arrived, and in perfect condition.

not seen a thread with so much negativity for a while. :angry: much of it i can understand and sympathise with. it's a new small company that's been a bit overwhelmed. could they have done a few things better? certainly. does it make them immune from criticism? certainly not, and they should be called up on errors and delays - and accountable for them. but for a company that has spent time and effort on this site asking opinions, changing designs in response to feedback, and actually reaching out to their key market, some of the comments making wild accusations are out of line. just my opinion, and they haven't been modded, so clearly i'm in the minority and i'll move on. :bag:

as @Bodhisattva and others commented above on the lack of shots, thought i would join @misformatt and @chunk and others and post my pics and some comments on the points people are raising most often. :thumbs:

first off, mailing and packaging. the only time i have been in touch with @EverythingBlu was when they contacted me and responded several times very quickly over the Bank Holiday Weekend, including the Monday, due to my error inputting postal details, so the only time i've been exposed directly to their customer response, it was been superb.

packaging:
Hermes took 4 days to get the package to me, which for some reason involved them sending it to a regional branch, a central branch, and then another regional branch, but they have clearly learned from the Hermes experience as The Mummy's going out by Royal Mail. i get all my steels delivered to work and had no issues, so perhaps i've been lucky. i think the packaging was Karel-level exemplary, with no chance of in transit damage - at least, from a normal company.
View media item 23924View media item 23923View media item 23922
the box and fit:
can't disagree with comments about the lack of sealed items inside, that's not good, but i am sure - like the Hermes issue - that this will be addressed in relevant future editions. i agree with @howarmat - i think the fit of the slips inside is spot-on. it is an unusual design, in that it looks like there is a space, but my slips don't move a millimetre. i think it's something to do with the way the faux leather padding has a slight bulge to it, which you'd expect. and i did get the correct numbered cards for all. i can only sympathise, @Flloydo - i hope that they can do something about your error, cos i agree that is a bad one. good luck!
View media item 23921View media item 23920View media item 23919
the blu box:
got to agree with @JCC on this, the debossing is superb. this is definitely the best bit of the whole package. amazing. the debossing and foiling is awesome. i actually think the back works very well indeed in red on red, as i hope the pic shows, no complaints from me that it's not white. also, i like how the everythingblu discs are also in faux leather, rather than card.
View media item 23918View media item 23917View media item 23916 View media item 23912
the slips:
i'm in agreement with most above about these. full slip, good to very good; lenti average. yes, they could be a bit thicker, but i didn't think that at the time until i read other comments.
View media item 23915View media item 23914View media item 23913
few more pics of the slips:
the clear winner is the full slip. the lenti isn't brilliant, but the back of the lenti has the same quality as the fullslip. i agree that the stock used for the art cards, etc, is a little below par, and i am sure this will be addressed for future editions.
View media item 23911View media item 23910View media item 23909View media item 23908

overall, i think i am still here...
giphy.gif

...whereas most seem to be here:
giphy.gif

vote with your wallets, as they say. me? i'm sticking with these guys for now, and looking forward to the remainder of the Trilogy, and more. good luck everyone, going forward. :)

Last edited:
happy days. :) mine has arrived, and in perfect condition.

not seen a thread with so much negativity for a while. :angry: much of it i can understand and sympathise with. it's a new small company that's been a bit overwhelmed. could they have done a few things better? certainly. does it make them immune from criticism? certainly not, and they should be called up on errors and delays - and accountable for them. but for a company that has spent time and effort on this site asking opinions, changing designs in response to feedback, and actually reaching out to their key market, some of the comments making wild accusations are out of line. just my opinion, and they haven't been modded, so clearly i'm in the minority and i'll move on. :bag:

as @Bodhisattva and others commented above on the lack of shots, thought i would join @misformatt and @chunk and others and post my pics and some comments on the points people are raising most often. :thumbs:

first off, mailing and packaging. the only time i have been in touch with @EverythingBlu was when they contacted me and responded several times very quickly over the Bank Holiday Weekend, including the Monday, due to my error inputting postal details, so the only time i've been exposed directly to their customer response, it was been superb.

packaging:
Hermes took 4 days to get the package to me, which for some reason involved them sending it to a regional branch, a central branch, and then another regional branch, but they have clearly learned from the Hermes experience as The Mummy's going out by Royal Mail. i get all my steels delivered to work and had no issues, so perhaps i've been lucky. i think the packaging was Karel-level exemplary, with no chance of in transit damage - at least, from a normal company.
View media item 23924View media item 23923View media item 23922
the box and fit:
can't disagree with comments about the lack of sealed items inside, that's not good, but i am sure - like the Hermes issue - that this will be addressed in relevant future editions. i agree with @howarmat - i think the fit of the slips inside is spot-on. it is an unusual design, in that it looks like there is a space, but my slips don't move a millimetre. i think it's something to do with the way the faux leather padding has a slight bulge to it, which you'd expect. and i did get the correct numbered cards for all. i can only sympathise, @Flloydo - i hope that they can do something about your error, cos i agree that is a bad one. good luck!
View media item 23921View media item 23920View media item 23919
the blu box:
got to agree with @JCC on this, the debossing is superb. this is definitely the best bit of the whole package. amazing. the debossing and foiling is awesome. i actually think the back works very well indeed in red on red, as i hope the pic shows, no complaints from me that it's not white. also, i like how the everythingblu discs are also in faux leather, rather than card.
View media item 23918View media item 23917View media item 23916 View media item 23912
the slips:
i'm in agreement with most above about these. full slip, good to very good; lenti average. yes, they could be a bit thicker, but i didn't think that at the time until i read other comments.
View media item 23915View media item 23914View media item 23913
few more pics of the slips:
the clear winner is the full slip. the lenti isn't brilliant, but the back of the lenti has the same quality as the fullslip. i agree that the stock used for the art cards, etc, is a little below par, and i am sure this will be addressed for future editions.
View media item 23911View media item 23910View media item 23909View media item 23908

overall, i think i am still here...
giphy.gif

...whereas most seem to be here:
giphy.gif

vote with your wallets, as they say. me? i'm sticking with these guys for now, and looking forward to the remainder of the Trilogy, and more. good luck everyone, going forward. :)

I agree with everything you've said about the quality of the release :thumbs: I forgot to mention the lenti quality when I posted before but again I feel exactly the same:thumbs:
mine was sent in the same style of box as yours which was perfect (I'm unsure why EB used the brown boxes that others have received, that clearly have sustained damage:confused: should have stuck with the white boxes)

Great photo's @steelmybeatingheart :notworthy::thumbs:

I'm hopeful that everyone still waiting will have their steels by the the end of next week
It wouldn't hurt for @EverythingBlu to take a moment to come on here with an update in regards to their progress, it can't be too difficult for them to judge at this stage how far along they are with packing and posting.. are they 50% in , 75% etc, and have they got an estimated time as to when they will have completed all orders? (They may have already done this for all I know as I don't have any social media accounts).

You can thank the creators from Futurepak for the box (same for The Mummy)

So the best thing about this has nothing to do with EB!? Lol makes sense

(Unless I've read that wrong and you mean they made the actual product and not designed it because I thought Ben and his crony designed it)

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I really really hope Hermes go bust very soon
Logic and Hermes are 2 words that don't go together!

On a note @EverythingBlu on the product, good first effort and the Blu box is excellent ! A few minor gripes, like the steel not being wrapped individually and I found fingerprints on mine!

Apart from another couple of minor things, a solid effort. BUT for the love of God, don't use Hermes again, my order was lucky to survive in transit!

I'm out of this one guys, I decided after thinking it through, to me this no longer felt I was buying a UK release, also the comments about the actual release in hands helped me decide I no longer want it.

The cancelling and refund of the order was done quickly by Everthingblu, should they make adjustments and things improve I will consider them again, until then my money goes on standard release movies and a steelbook release now and then.

I'm not looking forward to mine at all. Should had just requested a refund when I had the chance and be the end with this fiasco nonsense from an inexperienced retailer that learnt to run before it could walk...

It's not like you didn't have ample time to instead of non stop complaining instead..... :rolleyes:

I guess you wouldn't be happy then.....

Thinking of cancelling my 1-click as well...not having individually sealed editions inside the box makes no sense. I would have kept the box and full slip and sold the lenti...in any case, I was always on the fence with this as I love the Mondo edition and also have the old UK release....

It's not like you didn't have ample time to instead of non stop complaining instead..... :rolleyes:

I guess you wouldn't be happy then.....

Theres a difference between giving feedback with delays and changes and having an inferior product confirmed by several members. So all these silly delays and now what appears like a cruddy product. A double whammy if you ask me.

With all the recent pics I'm considering going for the fullslip. Like how the blubox turned out. I also think the prices are fairly inexpensive for a premium release.