spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting and I'm happy HDN have sorted any differences out with @EverythingBlu (@Wreck)

Sounds like it will be the horizontal uk steel made vertical but I'd absolutely love it if it turns out the be the mondo steel

Anyway I do love that uk steel and look forward to the slips/ lenti

I missed out on killer klowns due to their being an error at the time on the website for shipping and it was charging me too high considering I live down the road to the shop (well 25 min drive) and when the shipping was fixed I went to purchase and it had sold out :(

I'll be keeping an eye out on updates

Again @EverythingBlu thanks for the much appreciated responses to our queries, it's nice to see a hands on approach to the collectors here.

Gonna try and get another answer out of you if I can be cheeky! You say you have 2 x Art Cards & 6 x Character Cards & numbering card. Would there be any other goodies like a booklet in this edition or any future premium packages you are thinking of doing? Also, will the slips themselves have their ltd edition numbers in the bottom for example, like Nova & Filmarena?

Many thanks in advance

Again @EverythingBlu thanks for the much appreciated responses to our queries, it's nice to see a hands on approach to the collectors here.

Gonna try and get another answer out of you if I can be cheeky! You say you have 2 x Art Cards & 6 x Character Cards & numbering card. Would there be any other goodies like a booklet in this edition or any future premium packages you are thinking of doing? Also, will the slips themselves have their ltd edition numbers in the bottom for example, like Nova & Filmarena?

Many thanks in advance
giphy.gif

:p:LOL:

(Just pulling ya' leg buddy :D Happy New Year ;):cigar:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta

Many thanks in advance

There won't be a booklet for this edition, we have to drop some things to keep the price competitive. Having said that, going forward we are looking at adding more and keeping the price as competitive as possible.

We can't say any other releases we are doing just yet.

Also, we did have our logo and numbering on the spine of the slips but as the studio started not to like the idea we had to drop it incase another studio in the future says no and one says yes, we think this would be a bigger issue on your bookshelves. As for stickers on the bottom, we have left these off as we want customers to take care of their numbering cards :).

The Blu Box numbering card will be Metal, the other two plastic. All numbering cards will match numbers and the lowest numbers will be in the first 500 Blu Boxes, just like most one clicks etc do.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu.

There won't be a booklet for this edition, we have to drop some things to keep the price competitive. Having said that, going forward we are looking at adding more and keeping the price as competitive as possible.

Also, we did have our logo and numbering on the spine of the slips but as the studio started not to like the idea we had to drop it incase another studio in the future says no and one says yes, we think this would be a bigger issue on your bookshelves. As for stickers on the bottom, we have left these off as we want customers to take care of their numbering cards :).

The Blu Box numbering card will be Metal, the other two plastic. All numbering cards will match numbers and the lowest numbers will be in the first 500 Blu Boxes, just like most one clicks etc do.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu.

Personally I prefer numbering cards to stickers.
But it's only really a FAC and kimchi thing with Blu fans too but a bit different.

I would also prefer (not just aimed at you everythingblu) that some companies don't just do 2 or 3 postcards, 5 or 6 character cards and a book each time.

Like kimchi back in the day and some other random releases by other retailers i prefer Random items or items that go with the film.

For instance kimchi should of done a number card of the train ticket for zootopia but because it was in their collection it was a sticker.

Like memento with the photographs, beer Matt and hotel key. All cool items that go with the film

Shan of the dead is simular like possibly a small broken record with one of the tracks/ artists that they throw. Maybe Shaun's first vinyl like the joke in the film. In the style of what kimchi did with memento beer mat kind of thing

That being said I think books are crucial but it's not a biggie if it's missing one as long as the other extras make up for it

I also get annoyed when nova or kimchi make art cards/ post cards and include boring pics instead of action scenes. Manta have done it too IMO but John did say to me they get certain stuff to work with

I prefer the art cards like with kimchi winter solder because of the design of white red and blue or the gaurdians Blu fans art cards. Or plain archive art cards with promotion images and international posters (the master, ZDT etc)

Also like BvS HDzeta using actual drawn art on their cards from the art of the movie book.

By the way EB none of that was hints to you I'm pointing all retailers premium editons out (like Blu fans should include art cards with all editons and vice versa on books)

Last edited:
After reading this thread I have to say thank your to @EverythingBlu for anwsering everyones questions. It is very nice to finally see a UK based retailer going in the market for premium releases! I for one hope you are successful and can continue to release titles that have not been done to death by other retailers. The price point is very good and this must have been a very interesting balancing act to get to!

I for one will be looking forward to this release and future ones if the quality can match other retailers out there. And if for some reason you don't consider or try "Blade Runner" as a possible title, like other retailers out there, especially since Blade Runner 2049 coming next October, I will kick myself :rofl::hilarious::D

So without the Booklet means this is similar to some of.the KimchiDvD releases like BHD, Fury, ID4-2, X-Men Apocalypse etc.

Think the lack of booklet will make this feel less premium. Printing post and art cards these days are dirt cheap. Hi So most likely a pass for me.
We understand, but we think its hard to judge a release as less premium before any artwork or details have been given. Like our full slip that will feature embossing, spot gloss, high build UV and foiling. We would much rather our cost go towards this kind of slipcase than a booklet, but we will listen to our customers going forward with our releases and if booklets are in demand then we will work away to incorporate them. Our art and character cards have a full gloss finish which does change the price quite considerably.

But thanks always for you inputs and opinions :)

EverythingBlu

Meh.... another SOTD release. Kinda beating up a dead horse IMO. So it's mostly a reorientation of a previous release. Is the UK market so big that all these re releases can be sustained? DE used to be the laughing stock for re releasing titles. How far the tide has turned

Reactions: EverythingBlu
Meh.... another SOTD release. Kinda beating up a dead horse IMO. So it's mostly a reorientation of a previous release. Is the UK market so big that all these re releases can be sustained? DE used to be the laughing stock for re releasing titles. How far the tide has turned
Any movie with a big enough fan base lacking a premium/collectors style edition is not beating up a dead horse in our eyes and like we have said this will open a door to completing the Cornetto Trilogy, something that really does deserve a collectors piece.

If we don't start here, we don't get the trilogy, its that simple im afraid.

And how the tide has turned? Please don't confuse us with whats in the uk market currently, we not interested in pumping out steels without any extras, slips etc. Just steady, quality releases and we have done the best with what we were allowed to do this time round. Don't shoot us down already, be positive, we are about to start another year! :D

EverythingBlu

Your are starting at a point where many long term collectors are already feeling the pinch and questioning their own sustainability of their beloved hobby in this over saturated Steelbook market. So title selection is very important as a lot many don't like re-releases. Also if you could somehow acquire rights to do WEA for popular films and franchise, it would most likely turn the tide.

Any movie with a big enough fan base lacking a premium/collectors style edition is not beating up a dead horse in our eyes and like we have said this will open a door to completing the Cornetto Trilogy, something that really does deserve a collectors piece.

If we don't start here, we don't get the trilogy, its that simple im afraid.

And how the tide has turned? Please don't confuse us with whats in the uk market currently, we not interested in pumping out steels without any extras, slips etc. Just steady, quality releases and we have done the best with what we were allowed to do this time round. Don't shoot us down already, be positive, we are about to start another year! :D

EverythingBlu

Nothing wrong with what you said. I totally agree. That said, my statement was not against the retailer but rather a film that has received enough attention over the years and a recurring theme in the UK to re release / re package titles. But the film / trilogy obviously has a huge British following so makes sense in the UK market.

That being said, the number of releases coming out of the UK is jaw dropping. This being another one in the UK plus the others you have planned just keeps adding to the already massive schedule. Not that anyone will buy all of them ( I'd hope not :naughty: ) I am concerned about the steady release as stated ( but I understand this is a business too ). I find well spread out releases better overall and healthy for collecting rather than a steady stream.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu.
I think you've done well guys. The lack of consistency in the nova choice spines annoys the hell out of me, just make all your releases look uniform and they'll look great all together.

Nobody will care about a lack of booklet if you're offering a competitive price especially as you see more premium releases kept sealed anyway:whistle: Furthermore if you replace the generic booklet with something more creative and innovative later on down the line, that'd be great. Not once have I ever shelled out a $50 price tag for a booklet:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
I definitely want to buy this. Will there be a version without the extras? I don't want to offend the people who collect it but numbered plastic cards, postcards and booklets don't serve a purpose. I'd happily pay £25 - £30 for the steelbook and a J-card shrink wrapped like a standard release. Looking forward to seeing images of the steelbook. I would absolutely buy all 3 of these films

Reactions: EverythingBlu