Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £19.99

814mpDYVAML._SL1500_.jpg
81-LxjJBh4L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe they are going through with this Artwork

I feel so ticked off I bought the others with matching artwork and the last possible series gets this...something that looks more Doctor Who like.

He gave a much needed edge to an otherwise safe tv show .

You count heroin use and murder as part of a safe TV show?

All depends for me on the show for me flower .

A gritty real life drama

OR

A sometimes indulgent romp .

Something for me was lost when Moriarty was gone .

When he was back it was like a had granade thrown into a fireworks factory . Unpedictablity and cold calculated in a way that made me feel the tension of the situation .

Last episode was the best for me in a very long time Tick Tock Tick Tock :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends for me on the show for me flower .

A gritty real life drama

OR

A sometimes indulgent romp .

Something for me was lost when Moriarty was gone .

When he was back it was like a had granade thrown into a fireworks factory . Unpedictablity and cold calculated in a way that made me feel the tension of the situation .

Last episode was the best for me in a very long time Tick Tock Tick Tock :)

Yeah, Moriarty proved to be the only true adversary for Sherlock.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have 2 minutes of Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes over this tripe any day of the week despite some of the inherent faults in the 40''s ones. Maybe it's an age thing. There is very very little on British TV these days that appeals to me. Enjoy American TV a lot more.

Last edited:
Huh... still waiting on Despatch to the US. How long does it usually take them to ship their Steelbooks out?
Amazon UK can be a few days sometimes after release date your order gets shipped
Most times will be shipped on Sat/Sun before release date Mon but they have often not shipped until Mon/Tue and on rare occasions in past few months as late as Wed/Thur/Fri after release date

• Helpful Post
Reactions: FN-2187
Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have 2 minutes of Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes over this tripe any day of the week despite some of the inherent faults in the 40''s ones. Maybe it's an age thing. There is very very little on British TV these days that appeals to me. Enjoy American TV a lot more.

Try the Jeremy Brett series, he's the best traditional Holmes in my opinion.

Forgot about him. Yep you are right. Having said that my all time favourite one is the Hammer adaption of Hound of the Baskervilles. But yes Brett was most certainly the definitive Holmes.

Reactions: Scary Hair
Forgot about him. Yep you are right. Having said that my all time favourite one is the Hammer adaption of Hound of the Baskervilles. But yes Brett was most certainly the definitive Holmes.

Ah yeah that's a good one, I think the Rathbone Hound of The Baskervilles is a good one too. In Some of Rathbone ones though Nigel Bruce's Watson is too much of a bumbling fool for my liking.

And I just watched Brett there on ITV 3. They showed his Hound of the Baskervilles this afternoon. Sadly ITV24 Showed the classic Western The Lawman hacked to bits but thankfully it's being released uncut in Germany next week. Surprised Network have not released the blu-ray set of Jeremy Brett's Holmes which is available in Japan and the USA. You hit on the one problem with the Rathbone ones, Watson does come across as an idiot which he is most certainly not in the books.

I agree with that, although from what I saw last week Sherlock was a very good watch. The last British TV serial I truly enjoyed was 'Life on Mars'. Check it out if you haven't already, it's on par with the US stuff in my opinion. The thing is I'm not a costume/period drama person which seems to be about 90% of British TV. Not to sound like a caricature from a Harry & Paul sketch but the US stuff and the Netflix originals are superior in quality and writing.

From what I gather the "custom drama" from the UK these days gets totally slatted for the serious mistakes from costumes to dialogue....... Hated Life on Mars. I'd rather just watch The Sweeney....

Just ordered this. I'm a little bitter that HMV haven't been able to make this part of their run of steelbooks, because I really like the clean white and the designs that they had going on. I'm only buying this Amazon steelbook so that all of them are steelbooks, but I have to say this is a very feeble effort in terms of art.

Ever happened to anyone that Amazon would send something without charging??
I got a dispatch e-mail for this, but no record of my card being charged :wtf:

Ever happened to anyone that Amazon would send something without charging??
I got a dispatch e-mail for this, but no record of my card being charged :wtf:
You pay by Debit Card or Credit Card
Debit Card shows a pending transaction and after a few days actually debited
Credit Card most times it takes a few days to show up in your bank statement and most don't show as pending transactions before this

I love the artwork, now to pop the question should I or shouldn't I? I'm thinking Zavvi might get a hold of these.

I don't know. BBC print runs for steels aren't usually that high. Doctor Who only had 2000 I think. Plus they've started limiting the stock per customer. It's down to 5 whilst last week you could could still order 10 per customer.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
You pay by Debit Card or Credit Card
Debit Card shows a pending transaction and after a few days actually debited
Credit Card most times it takes a few days to show up in your bank statement and most don't show as pending transactions before this

I use the same debit card for years now and my security setting are set so that I receive an SMS on my mobile phone about every transaction the moment it happens. It worked for years.
I checked my online bank and there is no sign of me being charged for this, neither as pending nor as a final charge. Nothing what-so-ever. The dispatch e-mail was sent today early in the morning, my pre-order was made in August.

Basically no charge was made, unless my bank has some updating problems and I don't know about them. But if it was sent today, Amazon had to bill me at least yesterday or during the night. Strange.