Short Circuit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from around 6pm on Saturday 21st January)
Price: £15.99

11374104-1774439511927879.jpg

11374104-1774439511927879.jpg 11374104-4724440036089763.jpg 11374104-1104440036057216.jpg

Bonus Features:

• Commentary by Director John Badham and Writers S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 'The Creation of Number 5'
  • Cast and Crew Interviews
  • Behind the Scenes Featurette

Last edited:
Had my eye on the amaray version for a while now and even looked at it in CeX just yesterday!

This looks a bit plain/boring though IMO... especially that back art. And I'm really not liking the red text... they should make it white and get rid of the tagline.

I much prefer the artwork on the German steelbook... just a shame it has the German title.

Short-Circuit-steelbook-1-1.jpg Short-Circuit-steelbook-3.jpg
(not my photos)

The front artwork looks nice but not sure about the rest of this, the back is a waste and boring, the inside artwork could be a lot better, where are the other main characters Stephanie and Newton?

No Guttenburg on the inside art = No sale!!

;)

This would've worked well as a 1 & 2 double steel IMO

I think Steve Guttenburg should feature too, I would have liked Ally Sheedy included too. Short Circuit 2 has no current UK release on Blu-ray far as I know, not sure who owns the rights.

I would have preferred the German artwork with English but I do like the front is the original movie poster. The back and inside leave much to be desired. Nevertheless childhood nostalgia wins out again for this instant purchase.

Film not exactly up there with NAVIGATOR (IMO) and with the cover taken from original poster artwork from JOHN ALVIN. . . good at least to see that they've utilised the mass of sky in which to place the title instead of cramming it in front of the small area of cliff as on the poster.-

The previous 2012 U.K. Amaray release - coincidentally released at the same time as FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR and not long before PIRANHA . . . another of today's new steelbook asnnouncements - is hardly any better than the steelbook art (IMO):-
51255_large.jpg

Don't think I'd be rushing out to buy the steelbook from Germany and I'd prefer no back art to what we have there:-

Last edited:
No Guttenburg on the inside art = No sale!!

;)

This would've worked well as a 1 & 2 double steel IMO

I agree. Whilst I like the first film, I love the second one even with all it's cheese. I grew up watching SC2 first at the cinema and then on good 'ole VHS. I'm not getting this steel but hope they release ST2 soon.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Zavvi art is miles better than the German art. Glad I waited.

I am a big fan of original poster art and the poster art for SHORT CIRCUIT was perfect for the film.

Of the ones announced today, THIS artwork needs to be kept

Shame its not a double movie steel with the sequel. Kill Bill style

Last edited:
I like the artwork on the German one a lot more. Just wouldn't want to own a steelbook with German writing (no offense Germans, or I mean — it's okay, I'm Dutch)

Wow, someone at Zavvi likes the 80s!
I'm glad some of the old skool movies are getting the treatment they deserve, even though most of them I won't be getting, at least Zavvi are doing something different for a change. I'm praying they do Monster Squad !!! Highly deserves a steelbook over here.

On another note that back art is bloody awful!

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk