Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 1st, 2016
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com
Price: £19.99 (Zavvi - Base) - £22.99 (Amazon)

11180840-9934333214435439.JPG

Last edited:
Great movie, feeble matte low res steelbook. If you haven't already ordered, don't. This one is coming down in price for sure.

Has anyone tried playing it through a region a player? I know the disc says Region B and Lionsgate is notorious for that but Amazon was advertising this as Region Free so I"m really curious.

Appreciate the unboxing videos with the guys seemingly happy with the steelbook.
Not a fan of this one personally although I can get a better idea only now of what I think the designer was after:-
- As has been mentioned previously, the front image is not as sharp as it could be but I see that as deliberate - in an attempt to give us a lifelike tattoo image with its ever so slightly smudged ink effect on the yellowy colour representing skin tone (?) I'd say that they have succeeded.
Not sure about the distressed corners, though distressing effects on steelbooks are nothing new - and at least the effect is just on the corners and not random as on "Pulp Fiction" or "You're Next".
Also starting to feel that glossing the steel or 'bossing the image would not have done it any favours and might have made it look poncey and less real and gritty.
- Getting a bit of "The Third Man" vibe from the back image, and no bad thing in that, although my preference is more for colour continuity even if it's just the same colour from the front used for the framing of the back image (something I wished they'd done on the gold "Roger Rabbit").