IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £27.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £29.99 (Zoom)

02-352867.jpg

03-352867.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to like this when I see it but that title bugs me... a lot. It gets to a point where it's just ridiculous, it's not cute, it's not English, it's not Spanish, it's a monstrosity.
"Hitman: Day of the Soldier". The suit that came up with that one in Hollywood was truly inspired. Brilliant.

I tweeted my concept to Zavvi and their social media guy thought it looked good, but they said their hands were tied with what artwork is used. We're lowkey trying to convince Lionsgate to change it (if you prefer my concept that is), so feel free to comment on the tweets. Maybe people power can win the day! lol

Granted not nearly as interesting as the poster …
upload_2018-6-30_0-10-34.png
upload_2018-6-30_0-16-46.png

… but still a cool and finely detailer front cover … w/ shades of COCO.

Certainly much better than the rough 'n' ready black ink tattoo style artwork on the steelbook for the first film.

Guessing the chances are slim to non-existent that they'll do some interesting 'bossing to the skull artwork - as done previously on T: GENISYS futurepak and the PotC: SALAZAR'S REVENGE, T: 2 (black), and DESPERADO steelbooks.

The good thing for those not liking the WWA (Zavvi) artwork and looking for a standard steelbook release will be the steelbook from France courtesy Metropolitan - a steelbook that could be a decent match for the same country's steelbook for the first film ... best match maybe this one for the front:-
1530383105292.png
1530383243274.png

Last edited:
Can't decide whether or not I want to bother even seeing this one. At no point did I feel the original was screaming for a sequel and yet here we are: minus Villeneuve, Deakins and Johannsson.. okay I can appreciate Emily Blunt's arc is over and they've squared another female in there for Benicio to get Daddy pangs over but def feels like they've scooped the guts out of this thing. Also don't like the implication that the film goes ahead and tries to set up another chapter as well by the end. Opnion on it critically seems decent but also split in the ways I anticipated. What do people here who've seen it make of it?

I don't care for the steel art either. :notworthy: