http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L9YVDP2/?tag=hidefnin-21
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/silent-hill-steel-pack-edition/10972067.html

10972067-1403179277-194903.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Zavvi exclusive, or will FOX be selling these directly via their FOX Direct store on PLAY.com? I sincerely hope not the former, especially with a whopping £19.99 price tag! I was under the impression that FuturePaks were supposed to be a CHEAPER alternative to SteelBooks, not MORE EXPENSIVE! £14.99 is an ideal price point for these tins

Also, is this actually confirmed as a FuturePak? Why does Zavvi not state this? Why are they describing it as a "Steel Pack" rather than using the Trademarked brand name? I hope the powers that be have put this forward to Zavvi, and I expect to see the word "FuturePak" used in future

Last edited:
Is this a Zavvi exclusive, or will FOX be selling these directly via their FOX Direct store on PLAY.com? I sincerely hope not the former, especially with a whopping £19.99 price tag! I was under the impression that FuturePaks were supposed to be a CHEAPER alternative to SteelBooks, not MORE EXPENSIVE! £14.99 is an ideal price point for these tins

Also, is this actually confirmed as a FuturePak? Why does Zavvi not state this? Why are they describing it as a "Steel Pack" rather than using the Trademarked brand name? I hope the powers that be have put this forward to Zavvi, and I expect to see the word "FuturePak" used in future

Would you like the world on a plate while they are at it? :p

I just saw the Facebook page mention this. I Got the impression it was just a normal steelbook so I'm a bit disappointed it's a futurepak.
Hope they release it as a normal steel in the UK sometime in the future but I'm happy for whoever wanted this version.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO ANTI FUTUREPAK ?
I think its because of the spine?

Im not too bothered about the different spine compared to the steelbook and I do consider myself a serious collector and at the last count over 500 Steelbooks/Metalpacks/Ironpaks/Starpaks and Viva Metal Boxsets from around the world. I have bought some of these new Futurepaks or Steel Pack which Amazon.co.uk describes them as ; Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (Play.com), Carrie (Zavvi) and Silent Hill (Zavvi) and in my opinion I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of these new Futurepaks when comparing them to the old Metalpak design.

I can only comment on the 3 Futurepaks that I own but I have ordered more because the designers and manufacturers have upped their game in my opinion.

GOOD POINTS FOR FUTUREPAKS

REGION CODING - Some films in these Futurepaks are either Region FREE (ABC) or just Region B.

DISC ARTWORK - There is printed artwork on the front of the disc.

SPINE - Different construction which enables the spine to bend right back and enables the front cover and back cover to but up against each other to create one whole picture by combining the front and back covers together ie Carrie.

MATERIALS - More sturdy compared to the old Metalpak design. The outer casing is metal and the inner material is clear transparent plastic which enables you to see clearly the artwork underneath.

FINISHES - Good quality matt finish (so far matt finish) and on some they have embossing on the title and part of the picture on the front cover ie Carrie and Silent Hill.

COVER ARTWORK - Hi quality, detailed pictures, good example would be ; Rise Of The Planet Of The Ape or Silent Hill.

INSIDE ARTWORK - Hi quality, clear pictures, better than a some of the steelbooks I have in my collection.

BAD POINTS FOR FUTUREPAKS

SPINE - Different spine construction from steelbooks, this is what is putting alot of collectors off buying these alternatives, I use to think this way until I bought Rise of the Planet Of The Apes, then Carrie and Silent Hill Futurepaks.

PRICE - Just shop around to get the best deals, REMEMBER these aren't limited number editions so you have time to wait for price drops.

This is just my opinion but I do hope it helps some of you if you were like
me at one time trying to decide wither to buy a Futurepak edition or not.

Enjoy the collecting!
Matthew

I agreed with some of your points which are valid but some are contradict yourself...

"GOOD POINTS FOR FUTUREPAKS
REGION CODING - Some films in these Futurepaks are either Region FREE (ABC) or just Region B."

why you even put this in good point? the discs are identical to steelbook, so no good or bad point for either futurepak and steelbook...

anyway thanks for photos Ricsters, I think this does come out really nice, couldn't wait to get mine :)