Silver Linings Playbook (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 19, 2016
Purchase link: Silver Linings Playbook (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

Capture (1).jpg

Old artwork
11118992-1194301349110232.jpg

11118992-1924301349140430.jpg

11118992-1824301349132828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did prefer the previous artwork to other designs that are around on worldwide Blu-ray releases of this (the front anyway) because most of these look like someone has ridden a bike through an oil slick and then straight across the middle of the artwork and I also didn't like the way the faces were cropped on some artworks.

Whilst the old artwork was fine it was only duplicating that used a couple of years ago for the U.K. Blu-ray release.

Now I prefer this artwork because it is NEW artwork (I can't find this image on any previous Blu-ray release anywhere else in the world) and admittedly it doesn't jump out at you like a glossy polaroid I'd say it does have a certain 'je ne sais quoi' with the elegance of the black & white images against the silver background and the discreet touch of orange for the title and there's no clash between the front and back artwork which I like.

Memo to Zavvi -If this is genuine artwork kindly update your images if it's not too much trouble. Thanks in advance.

Maybe time for a bit of Tangerine Dream's 'Journey Through a Burning Brain' from their first album Electronic Meditations in 1970 or 'Cloudburst Flight' from their 1979 Force Majeure album?

What's the point of changing the artwork, and ONLY having HDN show the new ART?, It's ZAVVI that has the exclusivity to sell this, and they still haven't got the new art on their listing. A total shambles....:rolleyes:
Not sure, was told that the change was being worked on, when I was given new art. Hopefully listing is updated soon. I'll check back with them when I get a chance.

Sorry if I've missed it but I can't be bothered reading through why is there different artwork at top than on zavvi?