Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - In theaters August 22, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The town's most hard-boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more reviled inhabitants.
With: Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Josh Brolin, Rosario Dawson, Eva Green, Juno Temple, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mickey Rourke, Jaime King, Ray Liotta, Jamie Chung and more...

Trailer:

385166860.jpg
Fans are still abuzz with the news that the long anticipated sequel to the 2005 graphic novel adaptation Sin City is finally getting off the ground after Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller officially announced the commencement of production last week. Now the casting wheels are starting to spin, starting with the returning gang from the first star-studded film. While it has been said that most of the original cast would return for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, we haven't heard specifics. MTV recently caught up with Rodriguez who revealed that both Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson are excited about coming back.

Rodriguez told MTV in a quick interview:
"I just had lunch with Mickey [Rourke] this weekend. He's all excited to come back, but he's probably the first one. I saw Rosario [Dawson] too. I ran into her for something else, and she's pumped. They've always been excited about doing another one, so that will be fun."

As for the long rumored casting of Angelina Jolie, Rodriguez confirms that he met with the actress about the sequel way back in 2007, but clearly a lot has change since then. The director comments on her potential involvement now and the casting of other characters:

"I haven't even gotten to meet with her yet about it or discuss with Frank about who we would want to go with or talk to first. That's a fun process, but that probably won't happen in the next month. Frank and I go together to meet everybody, and I like seeing his reaction because he drew these characters so long and when they walk in the room, you see it on his face. He doesn't know who it's going to be until he sees them. Then he's like, "This is exactly like the character I created." It's pretty exciting."

So there you have it. Hopefully next month we'll start hearing about new characters amongst all the returning cast members from the 2005 film. If you want to hear a bit more about the plans for the sequel, Rodriguez dishes about the structure of the story and also getting back into the heavy green screen effects and visual style in the rest of the interview which you can check out in full at MTV. In the meantime, keep checking back with us as development and casting continues on this long awaited sequel that will hopefully deliver the goods just as well as the first one. Sound good?

Finally, the green light is on!!! :scat:

Last edited:
My review for this film is now up HERE. I hate to say it, but the film was pretty disappointing... and that's coming from someone who loved the first SIN CITY.
Finally watched this yesterday at home on bd... and gotta admit at 95% with your review Ken.
The only thing I disagree are the visual effects. I found them cheap, easily done and not up-to-date with what we're used to see now in 2015...

Not having Owen returning is a big meh... but having Eva nude for 80% of the movie makes up for it ;)

Too bad Sin City is and will stay in my top 10, but not this one here that is easily forgettable.

Reactions: tridon
Too bad Sin City is and will stay in my top 10, but not this one here that is easily forgettable.

Yeah, it's pretty sad how forgettable the sequel is, eh? So much anticipation over the years, but then I think that's what it hurt it... it was too anticipated and didn't live up to the original.

Glad you liked the review, man! :thumbs: