Sin City (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Alliance Wave 1[Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per SBH, listing appeared at Amazon CA.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0041JLUIM/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Also may be listed at HMV.

9/27 FS confirmed same art as previously posted for Amazon CA.

11/9 Thanks to Mr. Snowblood for the pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have ordered these seperately they only work out at £13.30 or something delivered so you will not get hit for customs. if you have ordered together then im afraid you will get hit. always order seperately from amazon.ca if you live in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up. Does it make a difference if they all come to the same address?

Thanks for the heads up. Does it make a difference if they all come to the same address?

You may want to check the site. For me prices are already back up to normal. Sale was for yesterday only.

Edit: Nevermind I read higher up, think you've already ordered. My mistake.

You may want to check the site. For me prices are already back up to normal. Sale was for yesterday only.

Edit: Nevermind I read higher up, think you've already ordered. My mistake.

Yeah they have gone back up for me too and a couple that I wanted have sold out! I had them on order but canceled them so I could find out a bit more about the import fees. Just my luck.

When I get to the pay section now it says the item is £14.30 plus £4.60 shipping and handling. Does that mean I have to pay the fees or does the postage not count?

You will get hit now at normal peice now as thats around £19 and the import limit is £15.

The import limit is £15, but that's for the actual item (excluding shipping)
It's best practice to check what exchange rate HMRC are using in advance, but you can still import these from amazon.ca without any issue.

If you buy something >£15, then you get charged VAT on the total inc shipping.

They split it on the outside invoce between shipping & purchase price.

I've bought probably 20-30 Steels from Amazon.ca without fees. I have received a lot of dented SB, but's that's a different story :)

Reactions: SlimJim24
Echo the warnings for anyone ordering these 'sale' steels from Amazon ca. - should have known better - Received 8 steels this morning - 5 of which have to go back as dented/squashed... :(

Echo the warnings for anyone ordering these 'sale' steels from Amazon ca. - should have known better - Received 8 steels this morning - 5 of which have to go back as dented/squashed... :(

On a positive note, 3 undented :)

At least you know they will replace then refund when it happens again.

That's exactly what I was trying to say above, what a shame!!

received the one this morning, all fine, no dents or scratches, only thing is loose discs inside so I guess I may have to open it, no problems!
Lucky U, I got dents all over both steels AND loose discs to make things even worse :rolleyes::angry:

This is now in stock for 14.99 CD at amazon.ca....I am on the fence with this even at this price. I am hoping Play.com would eventually release a premium finish steelbook as this is such a great and popular catalogue title and deserves all the acolade. I know Italy is releasing one with a nicer front end of November...depending on the art and finish I will decide. Does anyone know if this Canadian version 2 discs are blurays and include all three cuts of the film?

Last edited:
This is now in stock for 14.99 CD at amazon.ca....I am on the fence with this even at this price. I am hoping Play.com would eventually release a premium finish steelbook as this is such a great and popular catalogue title and deserves all the acolade. I know Italy is releasing one with a nicer front end of November...depending on the art and finish I will decide. Does anyone know if this Canadian version 2 discs are blurays and include all three cuts of the film?

Nicer front ? This Canadian edition is lovely. But from reading a source online, the Canadian release only contains the theatrical version.