Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Steelbook
Release date: February 18th, 2013
Price: £14.99
Pre-order: Amazon.co.uk

Confirmed region FREE by hdn members

Skyfall-2.jpg

Note-contains a NTSC DVD of the film

Former HMV exclusive:
***Several members have stated that per HMV, pre-orders have been cancelled.

Word of caution from an UK HDN Member about HMV (thanks VRob98)

HMV now in administration said:
People should just be aware of 2 things:
1) If you receive a damaged or faulty copy from now on, you will not receive a replacement or refund
2) If they charge your card and are then unable to fulfil your order, you will not be refunded.

The way a company operates whilst under administration is quite different to how it operates normally, and certain consumer rights are suspended. If anything goes wrong you would have to apply to the administrator or claim against your credit card issuer.

I'd encourage everyone who has orders in with HMV to consider the above, as I'd hate to see anyone here lose their money in all of this.

Attachments

• fM3rZ.jpg
    fM3rZ.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 608
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited by a moderator:
What were the actual problems with this release then? Why are you able to get replacements and what for?

Mainly spine slashes, and some also got a faint blue line on the spine. Some pics earlier in the thread. I think the spine slashes prevalent in this release were mainly caused by the HMV admin, and the late switch to it being an Amazon exclusive.

People were generally offered partial refunds as there was no stock available for replacements since it was sold out, but they seem to have got a fairly large restock today. So I think most people are managing to get their damaged copies replaced now.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
can confirm portuguese subtitles in dvd ?

and bluray?

The Blu-ray info is accurate on Amazon, but the DVD is not.

The Blu-ray is Region B and offers Latin Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and Ukrainian language dubbing and Latin Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Estonian, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Chinese Mandarin subtitles.

The DVD is in fact as has been stated a US NTSC version but encoded for Region 2, featuring the FBI warning and PG-13 rating (BBFC 12 rating on the actual disc). It has English audio, and English, Spanish and French subtitles.

Last edited:
My skyfall also has a spine slash but i neever did anything because i thought that they would deem it insufficient damage for a refund, but now i know that replacements are being sent to those who ask due to the spine slash, i think i will do the same... how did all of you contact amazon? Did you call or email?

My skyfall also has a spine slash but i neever did anything because i thought that they would deem it insufficient damage for a refund, but now i know that replacements are being sent to those who ask due to the spine slash, i think i will do the same... how did all of you contact amazon? Did you call or email?

I went on the help section and contact us and selected chat to an advisor

Thanks D-added to OP. While many people don't care about the DVD portion of the package, that's really inconvenient if you don't have a multi-region player.

Even though its NTSC it should still play fine on a region 2 player. I'm guessing it will be 25 FPS though rather than 30 so it will probably judder slightly because of the different TV standards.