Skyfall (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: 14th Sept, 2015
Purchase: Zavvi (live Saturday from Midday - 12.00 pm BST)
Price: £16.99

skyfall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did they do 7 then two more?
Because they are releasing nine everywhere else, and erroneously stated on the 007.com website that "In the UK there will be seven new Steelbooks as QUANTUM OF SOLACE and SKYFALL have previously been released in this format." when, in fact, of these two, only Skyfall has previously been released as a Steelbook in the UK - there has never been a UK QoS Steelbook.

Someone must have put them right! Actually, I was one who dropped the distributors a note about it, but I'm sure that it couldn't have just been me that made the difference!!

Good
I will pre order on Saturday
Good to see Zavvi listened
I posted on Facebook to them that all other countries were doing 9 steelbooks and questioned them why UK was only getting 7

They now have posted on Facebook we have listened to your requests to do all 9 steelbooks

Reactions: Flash
Zavvi Facebook
The world is not enough, and nor are 7 James Bond 007 Steelbooks!

We heard you wanted more Bond so this weekend we'll be releasing the final 2 James Bond Steelbooks: Skyfall and Quantum of Solace

Check out the beautiful artwork for these 2 Steelbooks, and get ready on Saturday to pre-order from midday.

11742686_10152885513705146_9096371617269195793_n.jpg 11796380_10152885513840146_3395487610168573806_n.jpg

Zavvi Facebook
The world is not enough, and nor are 7 James Bond 007 Steelbooks!

We heard you wanted more Bond so this weekend we'll be releasing the final 2 James Bond Steelbooks: Skyfall and Quantum of Solace

Check out the beautiful artwork for these 2 Steelbooks, and get ready on Saturday to pre-order from midday.

View attachment 178587 View attachment 178588
Actually, I didn't want these - or the other 7, in fact! I'm more than happy with the 3 I've got (GoldenEye, Goldfinger and the original Skyfall release), which these don't match, plus the 50th Anniversary collection. However, I'm pleased for those that did want these to go along with the other 7.

Personally I think this has the best looking art from this wave... it's probably the only one I'd say I actually like.

The nice thing about this new wave is the matching spines and the possibility that the whole collection will be released in a matching style - which would be absolutely fab.

I will not be ordering this or any of the others as firstly they are TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE and secondly I'm really pissed that they didn't spread them out a bit to soften the financial blow.

Do they not consider that we have household bills and wives/girlfriends to placate and 9 steelbooks falling through the letterbox on one day, whilst not a reason for divorce, is not something that will aid harmony in a relationship IMO ?
That is in addition to 'Age of Ultron' and 'John Carter' on the same day !
Just TOO MUCH in one hit.