Skyfall (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: 14th Sept, 2015
Purchase: Zavvi (live Saturday from Midday - 12.00 pm BST)
Price: £16.99

skyfall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . or 'The Losers' and 'Army of Darkness'.
Army of Darkness came back once after the initial pre-order went live on 2014-05-27 (lasted about two hours).

After that it was once available to order on 2014-11-28 (lasted about an hour and 20 minutes).

I think the point being made is that 'Zavvi Sold Out' doesn't always mean that the item is really sold out because 99% of steelbooks come back at or near their release dates and sometimes hang around in stock for ages.
There are numerous examples of 'Sold out' items coming back after release and hanging around for weeks and weeks and ending up at discounted prices before really selling out.
Most notable examples, as far as I'm concerned, are those animated superhero steelbooks from the end of March which were originally priced @ GBP 17.99 before 'selling out' but are now, all 4, still available nearly 5 months later for almost half that price - what's going on there ?
This cannot be put down to cancellations alone, surely . . .
However, there are exceptions when 'Sold out' at pre-order really does mean exactly that and I'm sure if anybody could be bothered or knew where to find this information they could advise on other examples apart from some of those quoted above that were sold out at pre-order and never came back after release date, not even for an hour or two - possibly one or more of the following fit the bill - 'The Crow' ? 'King Kong' ? 'Ex-Machina' 'Commando' ? though the only one I personally can be sure about is 'Ex-Machina' because Zavvi cancelled my order because they had "oversold" it (n)

Regarding 'Skyfall' - we'll just have to wait and see if this is 'Zavvi Sold Out' or sold out for real.
Strange that this particular title should be sold out, and all of the others still available, as this is the only Bond film out of this party of 9 with a steelbook already out there.

Any ideas for a collective noun for a group/set of steelbooks in the style of 'army of ants', 'herd of buffalo', 'swarm of bees', 'pack of hounds', 'pride of lions', 'plague of locusts', 'troop of monkeys', 'huddle of penguins', 'flock of pigeons', 'gaggle of geese' ?

How is P&P to the U.K. as we've just seen how much that can be for the 6 'Star Trek' steelbooks on another thread (ordered directly and not part of a group buy).

I think the point being made is that 'Zavvi Sold Out' doesn't always mean that the item is really sold out because 99% of steelbooks come back at or near their release dates and sometimes hang around in stock for ages.
There are numerous examples of 'Sold out' items coming back after release and hanging around for weeks and weeks and ending up at discounted prices before really selling out.
Most notable examples, as far as I'm concerned, are those animated superhero steelbooks from the end of March which were originally priced @ GBP 17.99 before 'selling out' but are now, all 4, still available nearly 5 months later for almost half that price - what's going on there ?
This cannot be put down to cancellations alone, surely . . .
However, there are exceptions when 'Sold out' at pre-order really does mean exactly that and I'm sure if anybody could be bothered or knew where to find this information they could advise on other examples apart from some of those quoted above that were sold out at pre-order and never came back after release date, not even for an hour or two - possibly one or more of the following fit the bill - 'The Crow' ? 'King Kong' ? 'Ex-Machina' 'Commando' ? though the only one I personally can be sure about is 'Ex-Machina' because Zavvi cancelled my order because they had "oversold" it (n)

Regarding 'Skyfall' - we'll just have to wait and see if this is 'Zavvi Sold Out' or sold out for real.
Strange that this particular title should be sold out, and all of the others still available, as this is the only Bond film out of this party of 9 with a steelbook already out there.

Any ideas for a collective noun for a group/set of steelbooks in the style of 'army of ants', 'herd of buffalo', 'swarm of bees', 'pack of hounds', 'pride of lions', 'plague of locusts', 'troop of monkeys', 'huddle of penguins', 'flock of pigeons', 'gaggle of geese' ?
Ex_Mechina I managed to grab when it came back up for sale briefly prior to release date. King Kong I ordered after it had been released.

However, some people posted on here that they received their copies of Elektra some time after Zavvi told me they couldn't replace my damaged copy because it had sold out between me returning it and them receiving it!

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Ex_Mechina I managed to grab when it came back up for sale briefly prior to release date. King Kong I ordered after it had been released.

However, some people posted on here that they received their copies of Elektra some time after Zavvi told me they couldn't replace my damaged copy because it had sold out between me returning it and them receiving it!
I know the feeling !
Still not happy that they didn't honour my long-standing order for 'Ex- Machina' particularly if as you write it came back for pre-order - had to pay 10 quid over the Zavvi price on the Bay to secure a copy.

Last edited:
Couldn't understand why this one has 'Sold out' before the others until I was browsing eBay and came across a listing there for all nine steelbooks where the seller has listed this one and "QoS' as having a print run of 1,000 and the other seven 2,000. Same info on Zavvi - must have missed that :emb:

Quietest month for steelbook pre-orders for me for ages - just 3 ('Age of Ultron', 'John Carter' and 'Night of the Living Dead').
I would hope to pick up the few remaining after release for slightly less ('The Host', 'Three Burials . . .', and 'Wolfcop').
The 9 Bond steels are too expensive IMO and if 'Skyfall' is really 'Sold out' then I'll pass on all as there's no point in trying to build up a matching set if one is missing, though I feel that it would be in their best interests to order another 1,000 and confirm that steels will be released for all others in the series - not all at the same time though.
'F & F 7' @ GBP 20 quid is too dear for a non-exclusive though I would have considered it if the artwork matched the other six.
"Breaking Bad Collection' steelbooks in a slipbox @ GBP 90 'Limited to 2,000' looks attractive compared to the loose singles which I believe were priced @ GBP 19.99 (?) each when they were released so a total of almost GBP 120 although I believe the singles are now GBP 16.99 each with a total of GBP 102 so the boxset is well priced by by comparison. Others will have bought the complete set in the tin from Amazon for approx. GBP 55 and will pass on all of these I imagine.