Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: NewOrder
Steelbook Central not taking orders now//

Good to know :). However i see that also on eBay they have store closed - only 1 steelbook protector is avaliable for purchase. Dunno what's going on?
But since this is UK based i just switched to HD-FilmPortal. No VAT to pay and i get items in like 3 working days. Also guy there is super easy to get via email if you need to ask questions.

Reactions: wintersoldier41893
I started using a eBay user, RetroProtection. He also has a website. They are fully enclosed and seem pretty good quality. The benefit is he offers also offers protectors for my other collectables like snes and nes games.

I started using a eBay user, RetroProtection. He also has a website. They are fully enclosed and seem pretty good quality. The benefit is he offers also offers protectors for my other collectables like snes and nes games.
I use RetroProtection cases as well and I like them (Granted, I've not used any from other companies, so I can't claim a wealth of knowledge on this front). I've only made a single order through the website so far, but one nice thing I wanted to add was that the company automatically sent a partial shipping refund when it turned out the cost of shipping was overpaid by a few dollars.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Having difficulties with SCF9

Are the 3 slip HDZETA Silver boxsets different than the HDZETA Gold boxsets?

I cannot for the life of me seem to fit any of these 3 slip HDZETA Silvers into the SCF9. Is this just not possible?
I was also told that Mantalab oneclicks should fit in the SCF9s but cant get US or Ex Machina into these covers.

I cannot for the life of me seem to fit any of these 3 slip HDZETA Silvers into the SCF9. Is this just not possible?
I was also told that Mantalab oneclicks should fit in the SCF9s but cant get US or Ex Machina into these covers.
Yes.
Silver has different protector than gold editions - depth is where it's giving you problem. Protector for silver edition is SCF21.
I don't know about Manta but if you order with GB you are getting protectors with that order. At least lately you got SP with edition of the movie which you ordered.
There was time when you could order covers for MantaLab but they weren't fit for all of their OC's. A few editions didn't fit in and those two you are describing are among them.
Screenshot_20210807-080519_Chrome.jpg
SteelbookCentral used to have measurements for all their covers now they don't and it makes it difficult to navigate.
For those two editions I think you'll have either stay without protector or get one which won't be perfect fit.
Like WeET is one group where their OC's also don't have covers cause editions are different, KimchiDVD OC's also don't fit to any other protector if i remember correctly.

Yes.
Silver has different protector than gold editions - depth is where it's giving you problem. Protector for silver edition is SCF21.
I don't know about Manta but if you order with GB you are getting protectors with that order. At least lately you got SP with edition of the movie which you ordered.
There was time when you could order covers for MantaLab but they weren't fit for all of their OC's. A few editions didn't fit in and those two you are describing are among them.
View attachment 513688
SteelbookCentral used to have measurements for all their covers now they don't and it makes it difficult to navigate.
For those two editions I think you'll have either stay without protector or get one which won't be perfect fit.
Like WeET is one group where their OC's also don't have covers cause editions are different, KimchiDVD OC's also don't fit to any other protector if i remember correctly.

Thanks for the info! Did not realize those manta editions were different from the others

With the SCF21 the image they have on their site is a 2 Fullslip box set. So would this really work for the 3fullslip Silver Boxsets? I would think the ones I have are much larger than those pictured in their display pictures

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Thanks for the info! Did not realize those manta editions were different from the others

With the SCF21 the image they have on their site is a 2 Fullslip box set. So would this really work for the 3fullslip Silver Boxsets? I would think the ones I have are much larger than those pictured in their display pictures
Best thing is to just ask them. Let them know measurements and they'll respond it back. Or you can try HD-Filmportal. Guy there is very friendly and responsive and he'll get back to you with answer.
Like you can also search this thread and links in for sites which containt covers. Maybe any of those sites contain solution?
But more than not not all OC's will have protective covers which fit perfectly.
Why? Cause some do 3 steelbooks OC, some instead of 3 steels add "goodies" instead 3rd steelbook, others do just 2 steelbook OC. So you'll either have to get cover which is closest to fit or stay without it.
I can't find cover for Avengers IW & Endgame WeET, BP, CM, TAS all from WeET, Sicario KimchiDVD OC and just went with covers in which they "fit". It's a bit more space in, but still better potection than no protection.

Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!

Yup they changed sizes again with those (HDZ LOTR, HOBBIT, BTTF). Have to wait for Steelbook Central to catch up.
I actually have some slips that fit them - and I can't, for the life of me, remember where I got them.:banghead:
(they are just slightly larger than SCF19).
hopefully SC will be on it. There are quite a few new box sets that have no sizes that fit now. (Still nothing for thos Everything Blu Mummy sets!).

Need help with covers for the following:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Fullslip (Manta Lab)
Joker Lenticular (U'Mania)
Spider-Man 1-3 Fullslip (WeET)
Spider-Man 1-3 Lenticular (WeET)
Avengers: Endgame Fullslip (WeET)
Avengers: Infinity War Fullslip (WeET)
Black Panther Fullslip (WeET)
GOTG 2 Fullslip (WeET)
Civil War Fullslip (WeET)
Captain Marvel Fullslip (WeET)
Pet Semetary Cine Museum One-Click

Seems like they are all about the same size but idk, thanks in advance

Did anyone ever have any of their steelbooks get scratched by the sc2 covers? I have horizontal streaks on some of my glossy titles. I wonder if going with the scf1 with a loser fit is the way to go.

Need help with covers for the following:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Fullslip (Manta Lab)
Joker Lenticular (U'Mania)
Spider-Man 1-3 Fullslip (WeET)
Spider-Man 1-3 Lenticular (WeET)
Avengers: Endgame Fullslip (WeET)
Avengers: Infinity War Fullslip (WeET)
Black Panther Fullslip (WeET)
GOTG 2 Fullslip (WeET)
Civil War Fullslip (WeET)
Captain Marvel Fullslip (WeET)
Pet Semetary Cine Museum One-Click

Seems like they are all about the same size but idk, thanks in advance
SCF4

Did anyone ever have any of their steelbooks get scratched by the sc2 covers? I have horizontal streaks on some of my glossy titles. I wonder if going with the scf1 with a loser fit is the way to go.
I also use SCF1 for all glossy ones and always try to put the steels in the sleeve horizontal with the spine at the bottom to avoid scratches.

I just use SCF3 now for all standard steelbooks and ones with slipcases.
I think there´s much room left inside the sleeves then, But better more than none, There are also little more expensive cases available that fit only steels without J-or C-Card. I use them for my Arrow and Criterion collection.

Last edited:
For Ford v Ferrari HDZETA lenti I got

SCF8 Blu-ray Steelbook Protectors for HDZeta Lenticular Fullslip

But it seems to be a little too big, I thought it would be right?

It happens sometimes that retailers change a bit the thickness/height of their editions. It's better that it's loose though than too tight, as the latter could damage the slip.