Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious does anyone use a sleeve on the individuals that are contained in the 1 click? I'm putting an order together from steelbook central, and thinking if there contained in the box they should be fine, right? Even more so if they come out with a sleeve that cover the whole box, which i seen as a possibility.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm curious does anyone use a sleeve on the individuals that are contained in the 1 click? I'm putting an order together from steelbook central, and thinking if there contained in the box they should be fine, right? Even more so if they come out with a sleeve that cover the whole box, which i seen as a possibility.
Most box sets are tight fits by design. You could never put SC sleeves on them and then have them fit back it the box (maybe with the Blufans "shoebox" sets - but I think they aren't gonna make those anymore). But they should be well protected within the box.
SC did make a new size that fits some HDzeta box editions (but not all).
I keep just about every size SC sleeve on hand just in case. (I always keep bigger quantities of the ones that are needed most- SCF1,2,3,4)

• Thanks
Reactions: jeffster15
Most box sets are tight fits by design. You could never put SC sleeves on them and then have them fit back it the box (maybe with the Blufans "shoebox" sets - but I think they aren't gonna make those anymore). But they should be well protected within the box.
SC did make a new size that fits some HDzeta box editions (but not all).
I keep just about every size SC sleeve on hand just in case. (I always keep bigger quantities of the ones that are needed most- SCF1,2,3,4)
Perfect that's good to hear, i guess i could have tried first haha.
Oh ya, I wasn't aware that they have, the closest i see is the SCF7 which fits the FAC hardboxes, which i don't have to compare. And one last thing, the SCF8 is that mostly for Blufans double lentis, and some of the bigger slips especially from HDzeta & Manta Lab?

• Thanks
Perfect that's good to hear, i guess i could have tried first haha.
Oh ya, I wasn't aware that they have, the closest i see is the SCF7 which fits the FAC hardboxes, which i don't have to compare. And one last thing, the SCF8 is that mostly for Blufans double lentis, and some of the bigger slips especially from HDzeta & Manta Lab?
I ordered the new ones - but I have not really gotten around to fitting them. (Which ones go with which)
But- there is no such thing as a a wasted SC sleeve! Even if you had found the individual steelbooks in sleeves would not fit in the box - you still need SCF1,2,3,4s in the house!
(SCs fit almost all my needs - but if you're feeling adventurous – you could try out some of these weird different sizes from here:http://www.retroprotection.com/ -they are mostly made for video game stuff - but they have a lot of odd sizes)

• Thanks
I ordered the new ones - but I have not really gotten around to fitting them. (Which ones go with which)
But- there is no such thing as a a wasted SC sleeve! Even if you had found the individual steelbooks in sleeves would not fit in the box - you still need SCF1,2,3,4s in the house!
(SCs fit almost all my needs - but if you're feeling adventurous – you could try out some of these weird different sizes from here:http://www.retroprotection.com/ -they are mostly made for video game stuff - but they have a lot of odd sizes)
Oh for sure, i'm in the process of converting my old steelbooks into SCF1's as i like the full protection. So i need plenty of those, SCF1 & SCF2 are the main ones, but i also have quite a need for the 3 & 4. So i will probably ordered a few of the 8 as well. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks
Oh for sure, i'm in the process of converting my old steelbooks into SCF1's as i like the full protection. So i need plenty of those, SCF1 & SCF2 are the main ones, but i also have quite a need for the 3 & 4. So i will probably ordered a few of the 8 as well. Thanks for your help.
You bet!:thumbs:
Yeah - believe it or not, when I started out I had the side loaders - and I had to switch those out for the full coverage SCF1 (the leftover side loaders I used on run-of-the-mill steelbooks).
Good to have a plan- with the high cost of shipping from SC - I tend to get my list together, and buy all in one shot (so I have enough to last me about a year).:thumbs:

• Thanks
anyone by chance have an extra SCF8 that i can buy?

i have BvS double lenti from hdzeta and i didnt want to buy a pack of 10 as i do not usually buy double lentis... but it was still available from their website...

I am really bad about keeping most of my steelbooks factory sealed to keep them from being damaged. One of the drawbacks is that I do not know if there are any defects that I cannot see. One day I hope to open them all and place them in some sort of protective sleeve/bag.

I am really bad about keeping most of my steelbooks factory sealed to keep them from being damaged. One of the drawbacks is that I do not know if there are any defects that I cannot see. One day I hope to open them all and place them in some sort of protective sleeve/bag.
When you DO open them, look to Steelbook Central slips. They have a size for just about every steelbook.
And as far as opening steelbooks that have been sealed a long time - I do remember something @Wreck had mentioned - that sometimes with the older ones, you need to gently heat up the glue dots that are holding the Cardboard J card onto the steelbook or they can peel away the finish.

sleeve bags much cheaper. the harder plastic ones you can also get from @Collector03601

When you DO open them, look to Steelbook Central slips. They have a size for just about every steelbook.
And as far as opening steelbooks that have been sealed a long time - I do remember something @Wreck had mentioned - that sometimes with the older ones, you need to gently heat up the glue dots that are holding the Cardboard J card onto the steelbook or they can peel away the finish.

Reactions: toyklectrr
I have been using the cheap poly bags to wrap my standard Blu Rays with slipcovers and without.
I also used them on steelbooks even though they are not great,most of my steelbooks are still sealed so adding the cheap sleeves did the trick temp.
I have been tempted on these steelbook protectors but they are expensive and I have about 240 steelbooks I stopped buying them for about 4 yrs all mostly from Zavvi but started again last year.
What do you guys use the wraps or protectors? I see the protectors are out of stock.
After buying a steelbook from eBay the seller had one of these wraps and I was impressed by the quality compared to what I'm using now.
But I only use them on steelbooks and maybe the odd lenticular standard Blu ray.
I just keep using the cheaper ones on my standard and slipcovers Blu Rays.

So it looks like as mine are sealed have j card attached then I need sw1 wraps if I go for them?
Can you tell me the recently released Zavvi lenticular dr strange and captain America are the sw1 wraps good for these also?

I also need a handful of jumbo wraps sw2 they have sw3 but my jumbo steels seem mixed in size.
And I have a very small digibook collection so grab sw4 for them.

Does anyone have one of the the protectors for there everythingblu mummy edition if so I'm curious as to what was used on that,I might get something for it next time around and I'm not even sure I need them for anything else,I don't have premium editions.
The shipping is a killer though on these, costs as much as the items I'm buying which is annoying, I want to ask at least for now better protect my steelbooks and as I be moving soon no better time for me to wrap them in quality wraps, but I'm very tempted on protectors even though none in stock.

According to the guide, SCF2 fits most Blufans and FACs, so I ordered some, as well as SCF4. Well, my Blufans of The Jungle Book, Finding Dory as well as Deadpool FAC don’t fit in the SCF2 like they’re supposed to. It’s not tall enough to fully close the top. They do fit into the SCF4 because that one is taller, but it’s also thicker in depth so it’s loose inside. Anyone has any suggestions of another option?

According to the guide, SCF2 fits most Blufans and FACs, so I ordered some, as well as SCF4. Well, my Blufans of The Jungle Book, Finding Dory as well as Deadpool FAC don’t fit in the SCF2 like they’re supposed to. It’s not tall enough to fully close the top. They do fit into the SCF4 because that one is taller, but it’s also thicker in depth so it’s loose inside. Anyone has any suggestions of another option?

SCF4 for the thick blufans such as Jungle Book, Inside Out, The Double Lenti type Blufans.
SCF2 were designed for the FACS type size but beacause FA squeeze a lot of goodies inside it's better to use SCF4. It's looser but gives the slip some breathing air.
SCF2 is a tighter fit. I personally don't like them.

Reactions: TriSteel
Update from Steelbook Central:

Hey Everyone! Just to give you an update, our big delivery will arrive on or around the 15th May. This will include all our products including SC3 and SCF1 which have been in huge demand! Sorry for being out of stock for so long.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k