Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
My steelbook collection is growing at a rapid rate started when zavvi began selling steels then stopped for a while and started last yr again.
But for as long as i have know about steelbook central is the shipping cost are they really that expensive to ship? And say scf 1 which is what i believe i need for zavvi steels with jcards and still sealed? I take these fit ones with slips and lenti also?
But as i have a load of steels and just temp use the bags which are not from these guysa struggle to fit,most times bags don't fit.
But looking at 500 scf1 its saying 15kg for example is this really the weight of 500 of these? Seems a lot for what it is.
I do find the the protectors experience enough but wow shipping is crazy.
Worst thing is i just had a box of items sent from uk from family and could had some of these sent over same time but i had a bunch of stuff that weight was just over 15kg in a huge box and im finding 500 of these scf1 being same weight hard to grasp.
I also have my family coming over to see me next month but i know or feel they be limited in weight as i could have had these took over with them but 500 scf1 at 15kg that be half there allowance lol.
Was thinking of a smaller bunch for now,but i just cant see me ever sending these to australia due to total costs its into $$$$.
As much as i want them and being overseas its annoying but on various bundles with weights anyone know what size of boxes then send in a thsts another factor when taking over in a case.
If im at least able to get some over good.
I was thinking scf9 for hdzeta editions pack of 10.
But is there a guide on what i can use each protector for, i have maniacs,blufans,zavvi steels sealed with jcard,steels with slips,jumbo steels,digibooks,mantalab list goes on by the way the premiums are all one clicks which i believe not all one clicks from different retailers cant be protected yet.
Thanks
If your really looking at 500 SCF1 - I would contact Matt at SC and see if he can arrange something. (I would assume he would give you a special rate for such a large purchase)
There is a guide pic I made a few years ago in the OP (there are a few new sizes since that pic) - but if you question which sleeves for which steelbook - just ask. :thumbs:
(I usually keep ALL sizes on hand:D - but SFC1, SCF2, SCF4 see the most action)

Does anyone know what is the most economic way to order SC for Germany? Direct order or via their ebay shop? I see that prices differ and I don't know if they combine shipping on ebay
Direct website order I'd assume. Their eBay prices are higher due to seller fees etc, whereas cheaper and combined shipping available via their online shop. I'm only in UK myself, but usually opt to bulk buy once or twice a year dependant on my needs. Also, enter code STEELPRO5 at checkout to save 5% on your order. You're welcome ;)

Direct website order I'd assume. Their eBay prices are higher due to seller fees etc, whereas cheaper and combined shipping available via their online shop. I'm only in UK myself, but usually opt to bulk buy once or twice a year dependant on my needs. Also, enter code STEELPRO5 at checkout to save 5% on your order. You're welcome ;)

Thanks pal! Much appreciated :)

Thanks guys @DMD4k @Stygian
I rather prefer the "tight" fit of an SCF2, but if there isn't anything heightwise, what's there to do but use an SCF4? I guess I'll have to send a suggestion to produce yet another SCF2 style with greater height this time, and hope for it to come true.
If you don't mind having one end open - you can just slice off the top flaps on the SCF2. The steelbook pokes out a few millimeters at the top, but it is another way to go.
Btw- I am super surprised that Steelbook Central has not addressed the fact that there is no size to accommodate the box sets from Nova and Kimchi (Pan's Labyrinth box, John Wick Boxes, Eternal sunshine box). None of these box sizes have any protector I am aware of.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
If you don't mind having one end open - you can just slice off the top flaps on the SCF2. The steelbook pokes out a few millimeters at the top, but it is another way to go.

I thought about doing this, too. I'll give it a try.
The owner has got the measurements for the latest slips, so maybe we'll see some proper new protectors in the not too distant future.

So... I'm honestly wondering... I've got plastic resealable bags for my Steelbooks but I remove all the cartons because I mainly don't like the cartons and they're way harder to fit in the bags...
Am I the only one not using the cartons? o.o

No, you're definitely not alone. In general I don't keep any J-cards with unsealed copies. 1/4 slips is a different matter.

My steelbook collection is growing at a rapid rate started when zavvi began selling steels then stopped for a while and started last yr again.
But for as long as i have know about steelbook central is the shipping cost are they really that expensive to ship? And say scf 1 which is what i believe i need for zavvi steels with jcards and still sealed? I take these fit ones with slips and lenti also?
But as i have a load of steels and just temp use the bags which are not from these guysa struggle to fit,most times bags don't fit.
But looking at 500 scf1 its saying 15kg for example is this really the weight of 500 of these? Seems a lot for what it is.
I do find the the protectors experience enough but wow shipping is crazy.
Worst thing is i just had a box of items sent from uk from family and could had some of these sent over same time but i had a bunch of stuff that weight was just over 15kg in a huge box and im finding 500 of these scf1 being same weight hard to grasp.
I also have my family coming over to see me next month but i know or feel they be limited in weight as i could have had these took over with them but 500 scf1 at 15kg that be half there allowance lol.
Was thinking of a smaller bunch for now,but i just cant see me ever sending these to australia due to total costs its into $$$$.
As much as i want them and being overseas its annoying but on various bundles with weights anyone know what size of boxes then send in a thsts another factor when taking over in a case.
If im at least able to get some over good.
I was thinking scf9 for hdzeta editions pack of 10.
But is there a guide on what i can use each protector for, i have maniacs,blufans,zavvi steels sealed with jcard,steels with slips,jumbo steels,digibooks,mantalab list goes on by the way the premiums are all one clicks which i believe not all one clicks from different retailers cant be protected yet.
Thanks
I just received an order of SCF1s and a pack of 10 weighs 304 g, so 50 packs would weigh 15.2 kg.

Does anyone know how to fold the bottoms of these babies? They're different than the others and I haven't quite mastered the correct folding order yet.
Fold top and bottom edges (both ways) while it is flat (to make them maliable), then fold top and bottom flaps (both ways to make them maliable) - remove the film, then open it up full to bend it over (spine) flat the opposite way (to make the the opposing spine side maliable) - now it should form perfectly.

Last edited:
Fold top and bottom edges (both ways) while it is flat (to make them maliable), then fold top and bottom flaps (both ways to make them maliable) - remove the film, then open it up full to bend it over (spine) flat the opposite way (to make the the opposing spine side maliable) - now it should form perfectly.

Thanks, but the SCF10 bottoms are different from the rest and as such are quite a challenge to fold correctly... It's those I specifically could use some guidance with.

Last edited:
I think I finally got the hang of it. The only way it works for me is to fold all four flaps of the bottom part of the protector inwards and then push them back down from the inside. Might not be the best or right method but I've got small hands so it works for me.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and DMD4k
I hope this isn't a too silly a question but how necessary are plastic covers for steelooks? Would the steelbook get a lot of nicks from handling here and there? I personally do have covers at the moment but I am just wondering if I absolutely need them to keep my steelbooks from not getting damaged? Thanks for any advice!

I guess it depends on your OCD level. If you're careful with your steels then dings and nicks shouldn't happen, but scratches will, it's inevitable, just from setting them down on the shelf or sliding them into position, rubbing against other steels, etc.
There are people that don't use them at all so it's definitely possible. IMO though they're a must have, if not them, then something equivalent.

I guess that would depend on how picky you are about the condition of your steels... I started out with the protectors that were open on one side. Despite being super careful, I still discovered unexplained dents - especially along the edges. This happened with a couple of my more expensive items (e.g. Thor 1 HMV and Zavvi :scat: - steels that I rarely handle), so I have now switched my entire collection to the completely closed protectors. (I especially appreciate the SCF10 as they're slightly thicker than the others and that makes a big difference IMO). I've also noticed that full gloss steels are particularly vulnerable to paint chips and scratches, so I think it's definitely worth the additional cost of the protectors. At the end of the day, it's still less expensive than finding replacement steels - especially for the rare items that seem to get more expensive each year.

I hope this isn't a too silly a question but how necessary are plastic covers for steelooks? Would the steelbook get a lot of nicks from handling here and there? I personally do have covers at the moment but I am just wondering if I absolutely need them to keep my steelbooks from not getting damaged? Thanks for any advice!

They're a must, specially if you unseal your editions, and the steel is glossy (or slips/lentis). For the matte steels, which are a bit more scratch resistant but not dent resistant, obviously depends how you handle them. Ultimately as pointed out by dmd4k and poldergal, they're a must have and a worthy investment.