Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for such a quick and detailed response, I think I'm convinced that I should keep them after reading up on all the messages. I thought perhaps if I'm super careful then I might not need them but it seems that's asking for trouble. I do keep them all unsealed and considering my little nephew loves taking them from the shelf to have a look at my recent purchase I should keep them well protected! Thanks a lot everyone:thanks:

I hope this isn't a too silly a question but how necessary are plastic covers for steelooks? Would the steelbook get a lot of nicks from handling here and there? I personally do have covers at the moment but I am just wondering if I absolutely need them to keep my steelbooks from not getting damaged? Thanks for any advice!
Yes. I have a had a few steelbooks that were sealed without a protective slip - and even everyday shuffling on the bookcase causes tears in the shrinkwrap- now imagine if the shrinkwrap wasn't there.
I even put protective slips on my nicer amaray editions that have nice slipboxes.
They even are a quasi countermeasure for drops. Yes, I have dropped one that was inside a SC cover - and it stopped it from denting the corner.

• Thanks
Reactions: j_uk and DMD4k
Thanks everyone for such a quick and detailed response, I think I'm convinced that I should keep them after reading up on all the messages. I thought perhaps if I'm super careful then I might not need them but it seems that's asking for trouble. I do keep them all unsealed and considering my little nephew loves taking them from the shelf to have a look at my recent purchase I should keep them well protected! Thanks a lot everyone:thanks:
This is what happens when there not protected and this steelbook sat between other steelbooks and got pulled off a few times and as you can see all the scratches. Black steelbooks are the worse though.

img_1305-jpg.417488
img_1307-jpg.417489

• Thanks
Reactions: j_uk and DMD4k
This is what happens when there not protected and this steelbook sat between other steelbooks and got pulled off a few times and as you can see all the scratches. Black steelbooks are the worse though.

img_1305-jpg.417488
img_1307-jpg.417489

Wow I never realised that could happen from just being on the shelf taken out here and here...that's pretty worrying and concerning. Ironically though those scratches on the back I think make the steelbook look like dino scratches, kinda works for that!

Does anyone know of any protective cases/slips that are available for Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition DVD Boxset?

Also anyone know if the SCF14 protectors for Filmarena Maniac Boxsets also fit the Halloween Complete Collection 15 disc Boxset?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of any protective cases/slips that are available for Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition DVD Boxset?

Also anyone know if the SCF14 protectors for Filmarena Maniac Boxsets also fit the Halloween Complete Collection 15 disc Boxset?

Thanks in advance.

I suggest that you take the measurements of Dawn and Halloween and check if the measurements posted on steelbookcentral match.

Reactions: Devoid Of Truth
Anyone got an idea of the best size to go for the Arrow Slip boxes ie Candymam?

Also assuming that all the Slip boxes from them are the same size.

Does anyone have a listing for Nintendo Switch sized protectors other than Steelbook Central? Preferably ones that are open on one side and the steel can slide in and out (like the Blu-Steels style)?

try these guys out... i've ordered in the past before settling and getting everything from SBC... used to order from Blu-Steels too but that turned into a bit of a hassle...

https://retroprotection.com/Nintendo-Switch_c257.htm
Yeah, I love the Blu-Steels style but last time I bought from them was a split group buy of 800 so I don’t have to deal with ordering anytime soon. Thanks for the link, it looks like my only options are fully closed boxes

Yeah, I love the Blu-Steels style but last time I bought from them was a split group buy of 800 so I don’t have to deal with ordering anytime soon. Thanks for the link, it looks like my only options are fully closed boxes
yea i was on a few GBs from BR.com a while back but then decided to go with SBC once i started buying a bunch of protectors for my premium editions...

This might have been asked before so I apologies but I could't find anything about it. Are these cases basically the same as the ones in BluRayJunkies links?

buzz and bingos moon circus ebay
no idea, personally, but if you can find some measurements on the eBay site (sorry, i couldn't), you can compare them to the measurements for each Steelbook Central edition.

Steelbook Central's are made very specifically (to the mm) for steelbooks from the main premium retailers and standard releases. i'm in the UK, so it's an easier decision for me, but the eBay site protectors seem to have more potential uses, so maybe they are a bit looser? guessing.

Reactions: samoth84
no idea, personally, but if you can find some measurements on the eBay site (sorry, i couldn't), you can compare them to the measurements for each Steelbook Central edition.

Steelbook Central's are made very specifically (to the mm) for steelbooks from the main premium retailers and standard releases. i'm in the UK, so it's an easier decision for me, but the eBay site protectors seem to have more potential uses, so maybe they are a bit looser? guessing.

You are probably right. Steelbook Central does seem to be the more premium choice but I am only looking to (for now) just give my steelbooks a little added protection so I think the Ebay ones might be good enough for that.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
You are probably right. Steelbook Central does seem to be the more premium choice but I am only looking to (for now) just give my steelbooks a little added protection so I think the Ebay ones might be good enough for that.
Steelbook Central ones are very good but they do work out more expensive. If you are just looking for some cheaper sleeves I’m sure these will be fine.:)

Reactions: samoth84
Does anyone know which Steelbook Central protector size will fit the new Film Arena Alien E3 with the 3D front of the Alien?

Also what size will fit the Manta Labs Se7en and Inglourious Basterds and also the Nova Incredible Hulk? Those three are all too tall for the SCF2 and so I've had to cut the tops off and I have the old size.