Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Where to buy HARD CLEAR PROTECTIVE CASES?

You ever see those clear cases that Blockbuster use to house their dvds? Kinda like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MG9RMW/?tag=hidefnin-20

So far, this is the only source. Was hoping to find more sources to compare prices. Was wondering what fellow collectors use to protect your steelbooks, and whether or not you know more places that sells these hard clear cases.

Well on Amazon (your link) there are 2 sellers, if i had the choice I WOULD NOT BUY FROM THE FIRST ONE. I would seleck the bluraysteelbookcollector.

BUT I know someone here on site were selling something like this themselves...hmmm...if i only could remember which member that was.

John

Well on Amazon (your link) there are 2 sellers, if i had the choice I WOULD NOT BUY FROM THE FIRST ONE. I would seleck the bluraysteelbookcollector.

BUT I know someone here on site were selling something like this themselves...hmmm...if i only could remember which member that was.

John

Agreed. I would not buy from the first seller either.

$5.50 each plus shipping from the junkie. Pm me if you want some.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

The junkie has me hooked. :naughty:

But in all seriousness, I just get these cases for my high value ones - the rest just go in the plastic slips.

Just a note of appreciation to those of you who've used these Keepers to protect your Steel Cases. Give us a call at AmTheft, at the phone or email above, if you need any.

Just a note of appreciation to those of you who've used these Keepers to protect your Steel Cases. Give us a call at AmTheft, at the phone or email above, if you need any.

Thanks, glad to see you track back that shows a lot about the dedication to your business. All the best!

Awesome! I had started a similar thread in another forum asking about these cases.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I started reading more closely and realize these are products normally sold to retailers with key to open. How can these be sold to casual collectors? Not complaining, great if I can buy them, but just curious.

they sell them without the key, so they cant lock.

they are good, but they are a VERY tight fit ... and I couldnt get one to fit with a sleeve on in it. There is also a small piece of plastic that rubs up against bottom of steel. I first tried to stick my Iron Man FS in it and I almost **** as it was about to damage it. I've stuck a BOE steel in it, and I will post pics here in a couple hours of close ups so you see it better.

Re: Hard Case For Your Steels

VERY IMPORTANT. Put the steelbook in the small sized side and always insert sliding the steel toward the bottom slats. If you do it any other way, that expensive steel will get lunched. I haven't damaged any of mine. As Wreck has indicated, slow and careful!

they are good, but they are a VERY tight fit ... and I couldnt get one to fit with a sleeve on in it. There is also a small piece of plastic that rubs up against bottom of steel. I first tried to stick my Iron Man FS in it and I almost **** as it was about to damage it. I've stuck a BOE steel in it, and I will post pics here in a couple hours of close ups so you see it better.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Awesome! I had started a similar thread in another forum asking about these cases.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I started reading more closely and realize these are products normally sold to retailers with key to open. How can these be sold to casual collectors? Not complaining, great if I can buy them, but just curious.

Just a quick note about the keys and locks. You are correct that we only sell the keys to licensed retailers. This is to help protect retailers from shoplifters.

I also want to warn you that you could, potentially lock the cases without a key. They come new with a tab that keeps them open. But if this tab is removed, they will lock.

Some collectors disable the lock prior to use. That's what I recommend.

Rigid Plastic Sleeves for Steelbooks...

Anyone know where to purchase rigid plastic sleeves to protect your steelbooks? I found this post on another forum, but it has no info. If I can find these, i think I will prefer this over the hard protective cases.

Found some on another forum.

BTW, I know they sell them here http://www.protected.de/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?anbieterid=1

But I'm not sure if the ship to the US, so I'm wondering is there something similar in the United States.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where to purchase rigid plastic sleeves to protect your steelbooks? I found this post on another forum, but it has no info. If I can find these, i think I will prefer this over the hard protective cases.

Found some on another forum.

BTW, I know they sell them here http://www.protected.de/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?anbieterid=1

But I'm not sure if the ship to the US, so I'm wondering is there something similar in the United States.

Thanks!

If your talking about Poly Sleeves for Steelbooks I bought them here

http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-accessories/

They work great for my Steelbook protection and are cheap compared to some on ebay and other sites.
The adhesive strip is kind of placed weird but I just use a piece of scotch tape instead and works wonders.

Reactions: phillie9423
Here are the amcase pics, you can see now how that platic notch is RIGHT on the steel ... It left very very very minute little line like on the steel ... I'm sure over time it would get worse, especially if you handle or plan to open up the steel often. However if you lay them flat I doubt you would ever have a problem.

wish case was just a bit bigger so I could customize to put some little rubber on the tip to avoid this.

Attachments

• amcase1.jpg
    amcase1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 166
  • amcase.jpg
    amcase.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 185
Here are the amcase pics, you can see now how that platic notch is RIGHT on the steel ... It left very very very minute little line like on the steel ... I'm sure over time it would get worse, especially if you handle or plan to open up the steel often. However if you lay them flat I doubt you would ever have a problem.

wish case was just a bit bigger so I could customize to put some little rubber on the tip to avoid this.

Not 100% sure what you're describing. I took a close look at your picture and drew RED lines at where I think you're talking about. Please look at the picture and let me know if that's the spot you're talking about. If it is, could you break it off?

well im sitting in Germany and would have no problem sending to you.

Steelbook shop ...hmmm....:snipe::snipe::snipe::naughty:

sorry just could not help myself....

Steelbook shop? Ain't that some MUPPET Mod from another site?
Mini Hitler who uses the forum as his own personal ebay site for selling his stuff, and erases posts and suspends members who so much as mention a trade. What an:ass:HOLE

Last edited: